Recognized Media Sources

canadiensnation

Jun 11, 2011
GTA

Leviathan

Nov 25, 2008
Can you create a category for NHL-wide insiders? I know that some of them are included in the Extra category, but the list is incomplete and some of the insiders are put into Team categories. Further, the Extra category includes links to places that aren't NHL-wide inside sources.

Here are a few more NHL-wide insiders:
Elliotte Friedman - @FriedgeHNIC
John Shannon - @JSportsnet
Renaud Lavoie ‏ - @LavoieRenaud

I'd say the list would include guys like McKenzie, Dreger, LeBrun, Kypreos, Custance, Garrioch etc. The guys who have contacts throughout the whole league.

Last edited:

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
which is the best to find breaking news about trades? i already know the tsn guys sportsnet etc. other media guys? that breaks rumours and stuff

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
wonder how these "reporters" hear about trades and break it so fast"? do they like text the players or team g.ms or something?

Captain Clutch

May 2, 2012
Can anyone compile a list of NHL scout twitter handles? I remember seeing a list somewhere but now I can't find it.

Thanks in advance

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Katie Carrera (@kcarrera) is no longer on the Caps beat, though I suspect she'll still be a reliable if infrequent source, as she's still with the Post.

She's being replaced on the Caps beat by Alex Prewitt (@alex_prewitt).

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Brian McNally (@bmcnally14) and Sky Kerstein (@SkyKerstein) are no longer on the Caps beat, but, like Carrera, their information is probably still good. To my knowledge neither has been replaced.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad