Recently traded #1Ds ?

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
They aren't going to have a "fire sale" two weeks into the season.
100% agree. (It's not my thread).
But ... let's say it's two weeks before the trade deadline, and NYR are out of it pretty bad, looking to make some deals. Leafs have had a good season .... in a strong playoff position, but their D continues to be a weak point.

McDonagh has this + 1 more year left and then is UFA.
upload_2017-10-18_12-47-52.png

Last edited:

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
100% agree. (It's not my thread).
But ... let's say it's two weeks before the trade deadline, and NYR are out of it pretty bad, looking to make some deals. Leafs have had a good season .... in a strong playoff position, but their D continues to be a weak point.

McDonagh would be an excellent pick up at any point in the season

LondonKendrick

Jun 18, 2016
I would include Shattenkirk, EJ and Hamilton as they all would likely be top pairing blueliners on the Leafs.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
E.Johnson would make a lot of sense here and he wouldn't cost an arm and a leg compared to what a guy like Mcdonagh would cost.

OnceWasNot

Jul 28, 2009
Would you guys be willing to take on Weber's full contract in exchange for picks/prospects?

TML Dynasty

May 2, 2016
Ya this seems to be the most likely way to get a true #1 d man.......and its a pretty rare scenario:
A team that has one of these Dmen, wanting to do a full rebuild, and knows this dman is of an age that he wont be in prime when your rebuild is finished. They would be willing to trade this fella for a glut of futures and prospects.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Would you guys be willing to take on Weber's full contract in exchange for picks/prospects?
Interesting.

What type of D do the Leafs need ?

A "stay at home" shutdown D ?
I think we are full with offensive minded D.

How about someone to clear the front of the net ?

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
What would they want to trade their captain ?

I always think happy thoughts when i hear McDonagh remembering the Habs traded him to the Rangers for Scott Gomez. Gomez went on to score 21 goals in 200 games for Montreal while McDonagh has gone on to be an All Star and Captain for NYR.

Reactions: HamiltonNHL

gabeliscious

Jan 8, 2009
E.Johnson would make a lot of sense here and he wouldn't cost an arm and a leg compared to what a guy like Mcdonagh would cost.

i think he would be a good fit. not sure if sakic is capable of making a proper trade though. he would probably want marner for him.

Erndog

Jul 17, 2007
Not a chance I would take Weber... that contract is an anchor.

Even if the Habs said (and I know its not legal) but "here, take Weber for free. Just take him and his contract" I would hard pass. Wouldn't even consider it

OnceWasNot

Jul 28, 2009
That's what I figured. Probably going to be almost impossible to move Weber without at least $2-3 million retained.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad