Rebuilding the Team

Shodein

May 27, 2015
This team needs a rebuild. We are not going anywhere with the 3 old guys.

How do we start this process?
From a Flyers fan... Just curious.

What would a trade for Perry and Montour look like with Philly? Simmonds, MacDonald + ???

Your bad contract for our bad contract, but you get 1yr less + 3m+ cap relief. Montour (rights with a contract already in place) for 1yr of Simmonds + a conditional pick based on him re-signing?

WingsOverAvs

Non Right Winger
Jun 27, 2011
Orlando FL

What would a trade for Perry and Montour look like with Philly? Simmonds, MacDonald + ???

Your bad contract for our bad contract, but you get 1yr less + 3m+ cap relief. Montour (rights with a contract already in place) for 1yr of Simmonds + a conditional pick based on him re-signing?
I'd be absolutely shocked if ANA is willing to move Montour.....or any of its young dmen for that matter

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Moving any RHD at this point in time would be a disaster. Our depth on that side took a hit with Sami's trade. Losing another player would put the Ducks in a massive hole.

Reactions: Duck Off

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
but the older 3 guys are hot garbage.
Their use is hot garbage.
Getz has been more than asked IMO, and I was a pretty regular questioner of him a few years ago.
As hard as Kesler has played and as good as he was, I'm not going to pass judgement until we see if this off season and ideally great rehab gives us back the player that was so valuable to us

Perry....I don't know. I know there have been injuries, but I just do not believe a great athlete cannot improve skating even at his age if he wants to put in the effort. You can't fix stupid sometimes, and these guys will hurt cap wise, but it's not like they're not NHL players, and if Kesler is healthy, we still have two great centers. If Kesler injury doesn't improve, how long would he play as the shell he was this year?

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I said this before and I will say it again, Murray comments about playing fast and saying we are going to change the system.... why are we keeping Carlyle if that's the case? It's like telling a math teacher to teach English.... wouldn't it make sense just to hire an English teacher?

Reactions: SirQuacksAlot

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
I only went to one game this year. Fewest since I can remember. Watched a lot fewer "complete" games on TV. It has been so tough to watch the slow grinding game. When we backed into 2nd place it just made things worse to go out 0-4.

John

Reactions: KaseMeOutside

EdwardTK

Jul 3, 2014
- Get rid of Perry and Carlyle
- Get some speed & skill (Skinner would be my choice)
- Unless we can't trade Perry, he should be playing 4th line and 1st PP unit.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
It would take a miracle to compete next year with RC coaching this team. They honestly might be better off just tanking a season and regrouping. I've never said that before but this coming season I have no optimism for whatsoever

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
It would take a miracle to compete next year with RC coaching this team. They honestly might be better off just tanking a season and regrouping. I've never said that before but this coming season I have no optimism for whatsoever
Sad but true. And the following year will only be worse. If we arent a top team next year i hope we just start selling off players for picks and prospects.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
What are your thoughts on Vegas playing the toughest player in the league and legit enforcer Ryan Reeves along with Derek Engelland another heavyweight

My thoughts are they are actually playing hockey. There is nothing wrong with having tough players. But you can't afford to have players on a roster like Boll and Bieksa that bring nothing positive to the table other than toughness.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
What are your thoughts on Vegas playing the toughest player in the league and legit enforcer Ryan Reeves along with Derek Engelland another heavyweight

Vegas has a top 3 coach in the league and has the best goaltending performance the playoffs has seen since possibly Giguere in 2003. Ryan Reeves has very little to do with their position.

What do you think of Tampa being where they are with virtually no toughness in their lineup?

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo

You once again confuse toughness with actual hockey skills. I don’t think anyone would say they don’t want an enforcer if the enforcer can actually play hockey. The “enforcers” RC wants to play can’t play the actual game of hockey. “Enforcers” is in quotes because in reality guys like Boll and his staged fights are not actually doing the job of an enforcer. Based on your posts, this fact still eludes you.

Last edited:

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA

What do you think of Deryk Engelland having the fewest penalty minutes (12 minors- 24 minutes) of his career, and no fighting majors, and the most points (23) in 2017/2018?

John

Reactions: Duck Off

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma

I don't believe in calling any player "untouchable", but there are a few players who it'd take something massively stupid (and unrealistic) for the Ducks to trade. Montour, Lindholm, and Rakell are at the top of that list. I'd like to shed Perry, but no way does Montour go anywhere.

I said this before and I will say it again, Murray comments about playing fast and saying we are going to change the system.... why are we keeping Carlyle if that's the case? It's like telling a math teacher to teach English.... wouldn't it make sense just to hire an English teacher?

I think we've all been saying that (aside from 1 poster) since Murray made those comments.

Reactions: Getz2perry

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
- Get rid of Perry and Carlyle
- Get some speed & skill (Skinner would be my choice)
- Unless we can't trade Perry, he should be playing 4th line and 1st PP unit.

if it were only that easy. Firing Carlyle should be. "getting rid" or Perry isn't though.

Come on now. Those players are 10x the player compared to the "heavyweights" that Carlyle insists on playing.

Plus, it's nice having a coach who knows how to use them and his other players properly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Getz2perry

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden

Reaves, and especially Engelland, can actually play. Reaves is comparable to the Brad May's, Shawn Thornton's and Todd Fedoruk's who used to be effective here. The same cannot be said about Boll.

Vinegar Strokes

Dirty Ducks
Oct 26, 2006
San DIego

Reaves is actually a decent hockey player, he’s also played what, 3 playoff games and has 0 fights in the playoffs?

Same with England, he’s being deployed appropriately and isn’t playing Bieksa hockey.

I also don’t get your point, every fan on this forum would love a few more Josh Mansons and Ryan Getzlafs

EdwardTK

Jul 3, 2014
if it were only that easy. Firing Carlyle should be. "getting rid" or Perry isn't though.

Sure it isn't easy, but getting more speed should be main priority. Carlyle is dinosaur. He should not be anywhere coaching.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad