Confirmed with Link: Reaves+'18 4th to VGK from PIT, for T Lindberg (part of 3-team trade)

kenjidm

Oct 5, 2006
If everyone is healthy then there's too many wingers. A few good players won't be playing. Reaves will have to prove his worth soon if he is going to be playing come playoff time.

I doubt he will be playing in the playoffs unless someone takes a player out for several games and payback is needed and Reaves can play the role of Matt Cooke. I'd prefer for the team to play a fast game and not have to use him at all even for retaliation purposes, but that seems to be what he's suited for. 5 to 10 years ago he'd be a great addition to a team, but championship teams no longer have guys like Reaves on their teams. Just because other teams are playing physical doesn't mean they employ goons. LA sure but not the preds or the Jets who can play physical and fast.

Curious to know who you would refer to as a "goon" on the LA Kings. Adreoff and Clifford skate regular shifts and can actually play. The last goon I can remember is Westgarth and Bissonette, but even he was in the AHL most of last season. Physical play and being a goon are 2 different things. Even the likes of Marchant and Perry who sometimes may throw in cheap shots wouldn't be classified as goons. Heck I don't even think I would classify Reaves as a goon. 4 goals / 4 assists on the 4th line is not a goon, I would just say more reckless and needs to learn how to change his game a little.

Hal 9000

Nov 19, 2016
The Kings didn't wake 2 games ago and decide to play cheap hockey. The Kings are currently in 8th spot, a place they have won the Stanley Cup from and were playing the current western conference leaders. What does this mean, you ask? The Kings know that there is a good chance of playing the Knights in the first round and if not then, the second round...If they are to go anywhere this year. The Kings obviously played with a playoff mindset and had full intention of sending a message to the Knights. Based on what this forum looks like, I'd say they succeeded with at least the fanbase. The Kings have officially signalled - Game on! I hope the Knights get the memo.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
The Kings didn't wake 2 games ago and decide to play cheap hockey. The Kings are currently in 8th spot, a place they have won the Stanley Cup from and were playing the current western conference leaders. What does this mean, you ask? The Kings know that there is a good chance of playing the Knights in the first round and if not then, the second round...If they are to go anywhere this year. The Kings obviously played with a playoff mindset and had full intention of sending a message to the Knights. Based on what this forum looks like, I'd say they succeeded with at least the fanbase. The Kings have officially signalled - Game on! I hope the Knights get the memo.

This is the kind of stuff that creates false narratives. Yes the Kings played well in game 2, but things could have easily gone differently. If Max doesn't play I don't think goal #2 is scored and if Carpy isn't a dumb son of a gun they don't get goal #1. Those changed how the Kings played and the course of the game. And then if we're protecting a lead or its tied, maybe our new "goon" plays his position more and stops looking for anyone to knock back to LA. The Ducks game played the same way, teams kind of know how to play the Knights when they have a lead so obviously important to score first, but that's everyone really. Get a 2 goal lead in the playoffs and you're going to win quite often even if you are playing the best teams.

And then there is game 1 which the Knights should clearly have not blown. Bad bounce off Eakin's head, McNabb looking like he was drunk last minute of regulation, Tuch looking like Leipsic on a few opportunities...it never should have come to that. But it happens, you just want it to happen in regular season where bounces go against you and you still get a point.

So all in all I'd say the Knights should have learned some things about themselves and maybe the Kings get a little overconfident. Its the NHL so no team is way above another and these were reminders of that. I mean we could wring our hands and lose our minds about it, or we could remember the mighty Buffalo Sabres beat the Lightning in Tampa the same night. Anyone want to start claiming the Lightning are finished just over that one game?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->