• Gardiner/Zaitsev

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Rielly/Hainsey

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Babcock and the coaching staff

Votes: 24 24.7%
  • Andersen

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • The teams that we have played are bad teams/had bad games.

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Aliens

Votes: 14 14.4%

• Total voters

TheBigThree

Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
I'm kinda rooting for the Oil because they have been suffering for a long long time. as bad as we have been they have been much worse. Until we meet them in the playoffs :) I got a soft spot for them.
I'm only rooting for them because it would be a travesty if they drafted dhalin

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
I'm kinda rooting for the Oil because they have been suffering for a long long time. as bad as we have been they have been much worse. Until we meet them in the playoffs :) I got a soft spot for them.

They lost all sympathy from me with the endless McDavid is a god threads, the Dra is the 2nd best forward in the league threads, and my favorite, the stated fact no one but McDavid can be generational.

I have no desire to see anything good happen to that franchise.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I'm only rooting for them because it would be a travesty if they drafted dhalin

I don't really care one way or another about the Oilers. Some bad puck luck and horrible goaltending and defence has led to their poor record.

If they miss the playoffs though, perhaps it will get some people to reconsider how overrated the Oilers became because they beat a hobbling Sharks team in 6 games.

Crosby/Malkin etc never missed the playoffs after their rookie year. McDavid missing the playoffs in 2/3 years wouldn't be good for his rep.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
Voted Aliens along with Nylander/Matthews/Hyman, because they are essentially the same thing.

Global warming was the obvious other choice, how else would Auston be able to move from Arizona to Toronto?

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
I think it's their speed.

It's hard for teams to keep up with the leafs at the moment, and we know that many teams need a few weeks to get up to speed in a new season.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Speed, great matchups due to depth, a few timely saves, some luck.

The team is just a good team, overall. No reason we shouldn't be considered contenders.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Voted Aliens along with Nylander/Matthews/Hyman, because they are essentially the same thing.

Global warming was the obvious other choice, how else would Auston be able to move from Arizona to Toronto?

Ahhh ...Ummm ... clearly rock solid logic I cant dispute... you get a "like" from me sir...

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Shannyplan for bringing in the likes of Babcock, Babcock/coaches for knowing how to effectively utilize the players, the players (led by the offence) for executing well.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
There's no single factor that one can point to. Broadly the team has plenty of high end talent AND lots of depth.

That's how good teams are built.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Deepest forward group in the league + a very underrated D-core.

Wait until Andersen finds his game on a consistent basis. We are not to be f***ed with.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
They're 5-1 because they're a top 5 team in the league. In the PIT/TBL/NSH/CLB/CHI tier, and I wouldn't be too scared of facing any of those teams in the playoffs minus maybe NSH because their defense matches up very well against us

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
i'm debating between pure luck and the teams we have played are bad teams/played bad games

my first two are:
aliens
global warming

Reactions: Bluelines

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Not many teams can match our speed and depth.
We have 3 elite skating D that are amazing at retrieving pucks and turning it up ice to our talented forwards.
We have a goalie who goes thru stretchs of bad play but also great play but is a above average goalie.

This team is literally 1 really good D away from being a monster. I mean look how fast Vegas (who dont do things for website hits) moved us up to the very top in cup odds. People around the league are taking notice and taking notice hard.

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
As of right now ...

Bozak/JVR/Marner - no votes

Aliens - 8 votes ... including mine.

That line got to stop sucking alien ass and get going!!

Lets go!!

Go Leafs Go!
Go Leafs Go!
Go Leafs Go!

:p:

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
I voted 'Team Offence', but what I really mean is that teams have not settled into their systems yet and things are a little hectic on the ice... This is where pure skill can excel, and I think it is clear we have a ton of that. So the ability to jump on loose pucks and make something out of nothing is paying dividends. And the PP has been pretty much deadly...

Once teams get a little more organized, that is when the team play will have to be stronger... but even when that does happen our pure skill will always be able to generate something.

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
I voted shanaplan. for the reason that this is what babcock promised us. he said theyre would be pain. said there would be a transition period. said we would be so good that he will resign for another few years.

if there was one for selling a soul to the devil. I tried he refunded it back saying I didn't have to wait long cause hell was about to freeze over

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Shitloads of talent. Matthews is unreal, and he's surrounded by a tonne very good players. Having a great coach helps too, but really, the players on this team are just damn good. So much fun to watch!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad