Really, really controversial draft (WITH TRADES)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thestonedkoala

Thanks for all the positives, it took me a while to actually figure out what to do and like I said I don't like a lot of the trades and am considering moving the Capitals second for Minnesota's second (the 33rd for the 30 something)

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Kick Save said:
It's always easy to take pot shots at someone who deviates, even slightly, from the "consensus" picks. So, take my criticism with a grain of salt.

Like the other Ducks fans who have opined on the subject, I just can't see the Ducks passing on Drew Stafford. I'll be disappointed if they don't wind up with either Stafford, Ladd or Thelen.

I'll admit that I don't know much about the two prospects from Nashville that you've thrown in the deal, but I'd want a awfully good prospect to move from 9th to 15th. It's quality, not quantity, that I'd be looking for.

As for some of your other picks, I'd be shocked if Radulov "fell" to 17th overall. I've seen some talk that the Hawks are considering taking him at #3. I'm not saying that is going to happen, but I'd be shocked if he didn't go in the top 10 or 12.

Perhaps I don't know enough about Picard, but I don't think he's a "Sutter-type" player. Can someone who has seen him play let me know if I'm off the mark?

I thought I read somewhere that Samuelsson has re-injured his wrist. If so, I think he'll fall out of the First Round entirely.

I don't think that Lisin will be around at # 24, either.

if nashville didn't have hamhuis, suter and stehlik...all with terrific offensive ability...there's no way they'd let kevin klein go. in most years, he would have been a first rounder. to say that he's part of a "quantity not quality" deal suggests only that you don't know much about him. throwing in pivko...an already established, big defensive forward in the AHL...if i'm the ducks, i take that deal and run with it. however...if i'm the preds...there's no way i offer it. we can afford to trade klein..but klein alone should make that deal happen. if i have neither a center nor a defenseman, i take klein over stafford

Divine Wind

USC Trojans said:
I really like the Oiler's picks.
With Wolski we get a potential high scoring winger...and we're still able to nab a high end goalie prospect in Dubnyk. Addresses two of the Oiler's needs.

I agree, if somehow Wolski fell that far, it would be a steal for us, and Dubnyk is supposedly thought of as one of the top 3 Goalies in the draft by the oilers organization, according to GuyF. He is also the largest Goalie in the draft at 6'5 and 190 lbs. I would be very happy with these 2 selections.

Although, with our second 1st round selection, I would look long and hard at Lisin and Meszaros, and maybe select one of them and pray Dubnyk is still there in the 2nd round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad