Realistic trade options to fix our glaring weakness at the center position

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
If Dubi is out for a significant amount of time after the injury he suffered tonight, you've gotta think a trade will be happening soon. Can't get by with only PLD-Wennberg-Sedlak down the middle

But....we have utility man extraordinaire Nicky Fligs to plug back in at C when needed and we won’t skip a beat!!!

Tony Quinn

May 20, 2014
Something needs to be done offensively without a doubt. Take away Anderson's goal 30 seconds into the Arizona game, the CBJ went 5 scoreless periods, until 2 meaningless goals in the 3rd, against 2 of the worst defenses in the league, including THE worst in Arizona. Not to mention Edmonton had their #2 guy in the net.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Certainly would like to see a roster shake up... but the issue seems to be anybody we would be OK with trading is playing so poorly we probably can't get much of a reasonable solution in return :(

Reactions: CBJSTH and JKinCLE

LoveCBJ

Jan 17, 2009
South Carolina
CBJ is too easy to guard. Throw the puck around the boards from side to side, no one in front of the net, then lose the puck. On defense, we have 3-4 people on one side of the ice and one pass to the backside and it is over. In basketball, you always have someone on the backside but apparently this does not apply to hockey. Get well soon Ryan Murray, we miss you.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Certainly would like to see a roster shake up... but the issue seems to be anybody we would be OK with trading is playing so poorly we probably can't get much of a reasonable solution in return :(
I have to think that scouts probably have a different mindset of talent, and don't look too much into a couple bad games, or struggles in a part of a season.

Reactions: JohnnyJacket13

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I have to think that scouts probably have a different mindset of talent, and don't look too much into a couple bad games, or struggles in a part of a season.

I agree. Players who have been good before could be good again. Or players people thought were going to be good might still turn out to be so.

Except, that is, if we keep them on this team.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217

Sure... but you can't reasonably deny that trading someone who is/has been consistently playing well is going to be worth more than someone who is in a major slump.

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Do we finally make a move considering Dubi's face is officially broken? Can't move an already struggling Foligno/Jenner/anybody else to an already thin position.

Reactions: CBJSTH

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Nah, they won't make a move. They're going to want to see if the team flounders without Dubi (possible) or if someone steps up (also possible). But you don't make trades in times of desperation. They just need to hold water and stay around a playoff spot until the deadline, then they can maybe make a move, but I am starting to doubt that will be the case.

Reactions: Byrral

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Do we finally make a move considering Dubi's face is officially broken? Can't move an already struggling Foligno/Jenner/anybody else to an already thin position.

One can only cross their fingers and hope that it’s about time.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Then we can also trade JJ and Savard for other defensemen.
I recognize this is said in jest, however, they both look horrible and slow. Decision making and skating, two things we want from the back end, has been brutal for both. Savard especially looks bad. I know he's a top 4 RD, however, I don't consider him untouchable like some here do. He seems to be part of the malaise (problem), not solution. RD is a position of concern for the CBJ and if I'm looking to make a move, that's where I look. Move Savard and a forward for a more mobile RD that would fit the core. Not easy but that's where I would be focusing as a GM.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Best options right now are TOR and wait a year for Tavares. If the Isles slide before the TDL we can try then too especially with Barzel being a guy they have in house to step in. Sure you want to keep both but of a guy is going to leave... not a bad player to have in your system already.

But ROR in BUF who is a bottom dweller with Reinhart and Eichel there can get quality pieces to continue stockpiling for the future. 1st, prospect, Savard would be great. Carlson steps in his place keep Nuti with Murray and Harington as our 7. Peake and Gavrikov in the pipe and TDL rental and FA can fill the temporary hole if something drastic happens. They need D bad and Savard is a cheap #2/3 RHD which is a demand. PLD, ROR, Wennberg, Sedlak is a solid middle for a legit contender. It's also workable with our current cap situation.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I did some research on top scoring C in the league and in the top 100 point getters I made a list of like 9 and just made a top 6 C to CBJ based only on those players no random outside offers for Bozak and Galchenyuk. I only made offers for ROR, Pavelski, and Backlund. The rest I said the teams make offers as to get a reasonable idea of there needs or if they would even trade the guys.

I'm really wanting to make a play for Trocheck after doing some research... I think he would fit perfect with Bjorkstrand or Panarin. He is also pretty good on the PK and a great face off guy. I'd be willing to trade Wennberg plus for him. Savard plus... multiple 1sts. He and Tyler Johnson are 2 players I wish we had or could have.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I did some research on top scoring C in the league and in the top 100 point getters I made a list of like 9 and just made a top 6 C to CBJ based only on those players no random outside offers for Bozak and Galchenyuk. I only made offers for ROR, Pavelski, and Backlund. The rest I said the teams make offers as to get a reasonable idea of there needs or if they would even trade the guys.

I'm really wanting to make a play for Trocheck after doing some research... I think he would fit perfect with Bjorkstrand or Panarin. He is also pretty good on the PK and a great face off guy. I'd be willing to trade Wennberg plus for him. Savard plus... multiple 1sts. He and Tyler Johnson are 2 players I wish we had or could have.
Florida knows what they have with Trocheck; going after him is going to only end in tears.

Reactions: Byrral

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
In the thread I also have Bjugstad. They also have Huberdeu and Barkov... 4 great U25 centers they can trade 1 and get a ton of value it makes no sense for them to continue losing and not doing anything to address needs. Trocheck can get say Wennberg, Abramov/Carlson/Nutivaara, and 2 1st. They don't really downgrade and pick up a bluechip+ 2 1sts... that's hard to say no too...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad