Realistic Expectations

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
CONFIRMED: With the 6th Overall Pick, the Red Wings select from Czecho-USA, Brendan Kindl!

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
CONFIRMED: With the 6th Overall Pick, the Red Wings select from Czecho-USA, Brendan Kindl!

You joke... but Brendan Kindl would actually be a good player. Kindl was smart and could skate well, but he was a coward and didn’t use his size. Smith was just a big dumb ox. Combined, they’d make a functional top pairIng guy I think

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
or a stupid coward who likes to play the puck from the bench......

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
#6 overall (DET) - D Paul Coffey
#29 overall (VGK) - D Mike Green
#33 overall (OTT) - LW John LeClair
#36 overall (DET) - W Tomas Sandström / W Geoff Sanderson
#67 overall (DET) - RW Mark Recchi / LD Ulf Samuelsson
#80 overall (PHI) - LW Esa Tikkanen / RD Bob Rouse
#84 overall (PIT) - LD Alexei Emelin
#98 overall (DET) - C Shawn Horcoff
#159 overall (MTL) - G Guy Hebert
#160 overall (DET) - RD Dmitri Mironov
#191 overall (DET) - F Martin Erat

This would be the expected package. :)

Then Holland could trade Erat for Filip Forsberg to fool McPhee again.

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
How many bottom 5 finishes can we realistically expect in the seasons ahead?
See two more bottom 5-6ish picks, and then one year as a Carolina/Florida bubble team. Playoffs on the 4th year seems doable, and us being very good in 6 is optimistic but not out of the question

Players in the system I expect to be Impact players for the Wings in 4 years when we make the playoffs:

Larkin, Rasmussen, Mantha, Hronek, Cholowski, Bouchard, Tyler Bertuzzi.

role player prospects I can see sticking around: Turgeon as 4th line, Givani Smith, Svechnikov possibly.

Players I don’t think will be with us: Athanasiou traded. Hicketts, Jensen, XO, all AHLers or 7th dmen with another team

Reactions: Orthodox Caveman

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Where is Daley? He surely wouldn't be benched for either Hicketts or Sulak.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Where is Daley? He surely wouldn't be benched for either Hicketts or Sulak.
Holland sounds like he was expecting much more from him and he said that wings defense needs to get yanger. Another player is Cholovsky , but I have never seen him. Hronek needs to get better around his own net

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Holland sounds like he was expecting much more from him and he said that wings defense needs to get yanger. Another player is Cholovsky , but I have never seen him. Hronek needs to get better around his own net

If you listen to the press conference again Holland says Daley did exactly what they asked out of him. He'll be available for trade this offseason. Whether or not anyone takes him is the question. I could see Pittsburgh taking him back. Maybe Toronto.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad