Real Madrid - Liverpool: CL Final 26th May

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
You don't have to lump us all together!
No I don't, but that's a very EPL centered view. And frankly not very knowledgable towards european football.
So since even EPL fans have a slight knowledge of european football, we're left with a good ol' american.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I read it, that's why I said it was kind of funny. I'm pretty sure it was meant to be a little joke.

As for John Henry...that was just dumb, and I don't think that has to be a reflection on all the Liverpool supporters.

It was a joke alright.

I never said it was a reflection of all the Liverpool supporters. I didn't say it was a reflection of any supporters. That said it fits in nicely with some of the posts around here the past six months or more including the one mentioned above.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Owners always say dumb shit. I am glad this one doesn't love fascists or send their fans to go attack players on the training ground. That's really all I have to say about his dumb comments.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Another thing about the dumb interview is it shows he now cares enough to spend his money. That was not the case until recently. And there is a lot of it to be spent.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I get your enthusiasm for Liverpool's season and prospects in the Final. I even told a Madridista co-worker that I fancy Liverpool's chances more so than Atleti's or Juventus' prior. And while I know it would be a difficult tie for us had we faced you, there's little to suggest you'd for sure have gone through much less routed us. So you and quite frankly your lot may want to keep the trash talking to a minimum until you actually win something which even then it doesn't become you.
No hard feelings. Was piggy backing on the wedding joke, not anti-Barca. I'm going to enjoy the next day and a half because I am going to be a wreck on Saturday

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
I'm expecting Casemiro to be a substitute..

He'll start.

Navas-Carvajal, Varane, Ramos, Marcelo-Modric, Casemiro, Kroos - Ronaldo, Benzema, Bale/Isco

There won't be any experimenting in the final. Kovacic for Casemiro and Asensio/Vasquez for Bale/Isco is possible, but very, very unlikely.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
It's ignorant, but what do you want him to say?

"Yeah, we expect people to want to get out of that town as fast as they can? Heck, I would move the entire club to the south coast of France if I could swing it".

I'm fine with the owner of a club feels that his club has enough history, tradition and potential to make top players want to stay there. Good, pay the money to make that happen.

There's plenty of stupid stuff to get after owners for, and I don't think this is one of them.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yes it is stupid. Doesn't matter much however.

You can be happy and respect other teams.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Virgil van Dijk said:
I think from day one I think the lads and the manager and the staff and everyone around the club and the people that work at Liverpool have made me so so welcome. That helps a lot with settling in. Obviously the results helps as well, but Liverpool is my team and Anfield is my home and I love playing for this club.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Amerika

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
This is today!

I have so much goddamn work to get done if I want to be able to watch this, but it should be good motivation

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
as a neutral fan I felt so good about the Stanely Cup final teams. Ovie can get his cup, Fleury can get his redemption and confirmed MVP. Vegas with ex Panther players and writing history. Win/win.

then I look at this CL finals and I'm just like uuuughhh...this is like the election....

Madrid with a 3peat nobody wants that. But as much as I dislike Madrid, not even if hell freezes over would I cheer for Liverpool.

So I guess I'll just put on my Van Nistelrooy jersey and an cheer for Real. After all CR did play for United like RVN did. Good enough for me against the Scouse

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Have given up a lot of my personal time and money to see Liverpool win this trophy, in all honesty. The amount of freelance work I've passed up on is actually appalling, and the return has been one league cup since 2006, that's it. One CL Final loss, one Europa League Final loss, an FA Cup Final loss, another League Cup Final loss, two close second place finishes, one CL SF loss, one Europa League SF loss, two owners, five managers, multiple legends passed on through. All of them now gone.

Elated to see Liverpool in the Final, but tired of not winning these trophies. It hurts too much. I don't live for Liverpool because obviously that would be dumb, but certainly this is really important. With my country being a total embarrassment in every way, and not qualifying for the WC on top of that, this is what I've got sports wise. Everything a fan could hope for really. A team full of players who can make their own way is what remains. Should they win, most of the credit will go to one or two players, but there's no way they'd be in this game without all 11 of them. All of them played games completely above and beyond what they should have been able to do in order to get to this game. It's time for someone to be a new legend. Time for a new trophy, time for #6.

I won't post again until the team sheets are out, but Real Madrid has a supremely major advantage in one way, they've done this before. On the other hand, Salah is carrying the hopes of his whole country. Mane has been talking about buying shirts for his village. Alexander-Arnold is just a kid. James Milner may never get this chance again. Henderson has stated himself that being left out of the Europa League Final is something that has been on his mind, I don't know what kind of psychological impact that has on a player. Andy Robertson started playing for an amateur team, this is his moment. These just aren't things the opponent has to think about, they've been there and done that. This is the part I'm worried about. People think about the impact these games have on fans, because ostensibly we're the ones who talk about them, but the impact it has on the players who win, and the people whose lives will be enriched by their winning, the kid in their village wanting to grow up to be like them, that's probably the most important part.

That Real Madrid knows how to do this probably does have a far larger impact than people want to admit, which is why teams like Ajax, Marseille, Atletico, Benfica, Dortmund, Dnipro, Bilbao, and yes, Liverpool, are the ones on the losing ends of big finals. Even when the logical outcome is that they win, there are cases like last week's Europa League Final, where one team literally passed the f***ing ball leading straight to goals over and over. If there is one benefit, it is that just like Atletico who just won that final, Liverpool were also in a European final, and should know exactly what leads to our demise. It is a matter of learning and avoiding it.

Reactions: GB

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
as a neutral fan I felt so good about the Stanely Cup final teams. Ovie can get his cup, Fleury can get his redemption and confirmed MVP. Vegas with ex Panther players and writing history. Win/win.

then I look at this CL finals and I'm just like uuuughhh...this is like the election....

Madrid with a 3peat nobody wants that. But as much as I dislike Madrid, not even if hell freezes over would I cheer for Liverpool.

So I guess I'll just put on my Van Nistelrooy jersey and an cheer for Real. After all CR did play for United like RVN did. Good enough for me against the Scouse

If you like the storylines of the SFC, any of those can be applied to Liverpool. Madrid is like the Penguins, just doing it all again with their big stars and their depth. Liverpool has Klopp who could finally get his win, Salah's redemption having been deemed not good enough for the PL in the past, a band that has come together and gives their all together to overachieve.. I mean, I get that you've got that block, I can imagine myself in that situation, but it's any easy call for me. And if I'm going to go down that road of comparing, then I couldn't ever bring myself to cheer for Madrid, but them achieving the threepeat is also a great storyline, especially in a year where they struggled so much on the home front. In contrast neither of the Stanley Cup finalists do anything for me, I'll be cheering for them both to lose.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Hopefully Madrid buy Robertson at half time so the match can have a good outcome for everyone.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Just closed the books and exam preperations are done for today. Now time to hype up! Can't believe Liverpool is actually in the Champions League final again, felt so far away even at the beginning of this season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad