Re-lacing skates during a game

night-timer

Apr 26, 2006
Sydney, Australia
Sometimes I will adjust my skates up to four or five times during a training session or game. Does anyone else have this happen to them?

I use waxed laces and I like my skates to be very firm. Any looseness or movement inside the boot bugs me, especially where the foot meets the shin. It's possible that my boots are a little wide for me.

Even with waxed laces, it's possible that the laces are moving around or re-adjusting themselves as I skate.

Ti-girl

Jan 29, 2005
Merida, Mexico
I'm a fanatic with my skates. I will always stick with CCM/RBK because of the lace lock feature.

It keeps the laces tight and you can adjust the top three eyelets individually. I use wax laces and then usually end up taping over them.

stick9

Aug 12, 2004
night-timer said:
What does "high volume" mean?

Never knew CCM had a lace-lock feature. Sounds interesting.

I think a high volume boot means it's a deep and or big boot.

I think it may be your foot settling into your boot. Now, if you have any movement inside the boot when your skates are tied. Chances are you don't have the right fit. You shouldn't get any movement at all. My feet don't move in my 703's even then they are unlaced.

Short story. I had some 852 VacuTacks a bunch of years back. I bought them used and they seemed to fit pretty well. After a few months of skating in them I started getting blisters and was complaining about my skates not being tight enough and no support. I mentioned this to the kid sharpening my skates at the local shop. He said, sounds like they don't fit you. He measured my foot and sure enough they were about one size to big. He asked me to put them on. As soon as I did he looked at me and said "yeah those are way to big for you". He could tell just by looking at the laces.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->