Re-entries

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Seiza said:
Are you sure. Because Salmonsson will play for Brynäs in the SEL next year. He has signed a 2-year contract.

http://www.brynas.se/news_read.asp?id=2266

http://eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=1269&lang=en

If that's the case, then he probably still falls under European rules. As he should...half a season in the WHL shouldn't be enough.

No way he doesn't sign with the Penguins at some point was what I was getting at, not necessarily this off-season. There's too much talent in him to let him go back in.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Zdenek Bahensky-re-entry
Ryan Callahan-free agent
Roman Psurny-re-entry
Jonathan Paiement-free agent
Jakub Petruzalek-free agent?He spent some time playing in Litinov this season before returning to play for Barrie

Marcus Jonasen-2002 pick

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
RangerBoy said:
For first round picks.Boston will get a comp second round pick for Lars Jonsson and I think Edmonton will get a 2nd for Jesse Niinimaki
What about the Kings and Jens Karlsson?

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Reaper45 said:
What about the Kings and Jens Karlsson?

yeah any European 1st rd. draft pick who was never signed from the 2002 draft and prior drafts must be signed by June 1st, 2006 or they are free agents.

Karlsson was the 18th pick of the 2001 draft so the Kings should be receiving the 48th pick of the 2006 draft as compensation.

frisland

Apr 9, 2003
no offense, but i hope the kings do not get a second round comp pick for a 5 year old 1st round pick. it seems to me there should be a time limit to such compensation, because apparently they were in no rush to sign him....

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004
frisland said:
no offense, but i hope the kings do not get a second round comp pick for a 5 year old 1st round pick. it seems to me there should be a time limit to such compensation, because apparently they were in no rush to sign him....

IIRC It had more to do with him wanting first round max money and not putting up numbers, progressing, and basically showing the team that he was worth the money. Other Kings fans feel free to correct me if Im wrong on this.

Jack Splat

Apr 8, 2006
Hershey, PA
The Pens have european players who have been hanging around on their prospect list for a few years, like Tomas Duba, Patrick Bartshi, and even guys like Vlad Malenkykh who've been there since forever. They never seemed good enough to be brought over, but they're all starting players in their respective leagues. In the past, teams kept the rights to these guys forever, but now, as I understand it, that's all changed. As far as I know, they have to be signed this summer or are lost.

So what happens with these guys? UFA? Do the more recent ones re-enter? I expect that there will be a ton of players in this category being sloughed off of various teams.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
frisland said:

The Kings will get a comp pick if they do not sign the player

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
frisland said:

No difference between Karlsson and a guy like Adam Munro except where they played. The Blackhawks got compensation for Munro in 2003, and the Kings had to wait until 2006. Pretty sure the Kings would have gladly taken the compensatory pick in 2003, but Karlsson's rights were different just because of where he played.

QMJHLguru

Dec 11, 2004
Halifax
The "Q" has some talented re-entries.

Mathieu Roy & Sebastien Bisaillon are two from the 'Q' who could get picked up as draft reentires. Roy shows great offensive awearness while Bisaillon is a swift skating dman with top notch puck moving skill.

Jonathan Paiement is another if he goes unsigned by the Rangers. He is a HUGE powerfull physical dman who rattles the boards with big hits. If he re-enters i see him getting snatched up in the mid stages of the draft.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
QMJHLguru said:
The "Q" has some talented re-entries.

Mathieu Roy & Sebastien Bisaillon are two from the 'Q' who could get picked up as draft reentires. Roy shows great offensive awearness while Bisaillon is a swift skating dman with top notch puck moving skill.

Jonathan Paiement is another if he goes unsigned by the Rangers. He is a HUGE powerfull physical dman who rattles the boards with big hits. If he re-enters i see him getting snatched up in the mid stages of the draft.

Paiement would become a free agent b/c he is too old(21)to be drafted again

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad