Re-entries

Jack Splat

Apr 8, 2006
Hershey, PA
Any interesting re-entries for this draft?

Also, does the new CBA provide compensatory picks?

And what about all those european prospects whose rights will be lost this summer if they're not signed? Will they re-enter, or will they become UFAs?

hfboardsuser

Nov 18, 2004
Swiss native Reto Berra is the most intriguing re-entry after his stellar performance at the WJCs. Big goaltender with great reflexes and technical skills.

Mathieu Roy is the next big name among the re-entries. He had 58 points in 70 games in his draft year, leading the QMJHL Titans in scoring. This year, he did it again, but posted 50-54-104 in doing so. He's of average height (6'0 and 196 lbs) and his skating is a bit of a question mark, but the talent is there.

insider

Nov 14, 2003
Mr Bugg said:
Swiss native Reto Berra is the most intriguing re-entry after his stellar performance at the WJCs. Big goaltender with great reflexes and technical skills.

Mathieu Roy is the next big name among the re-entries. He had 58 points in 70 games in his draft year, leading the QMJHL Titans in scoring. This year, he did it again, but posted 50-54-104 in doing so. He's of average height (6'0 and 196 lbs) and his skating is a bit of a question mark, but the talent is there.

agree there. I've seen him play a lot. Has a total ROCKET of a shot

Rookie Chargers

Sep 17, 2005
Quebec
IMO re-entries are drafted players who haven't signed a pro contract 2 years after being drafted? It is one of my interest at draft time. There is a deadline to sign them but I don't recall the date. :)

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Just going off what the Penguins have from 2004...

European
2 C Evgeny Malkin
31 W Johannes Salmonsson

Collegiate
61 D Alex Goligoski
67 R Nick Johnson
85 C Brian Gifford
194 D Chris Peluso
228 G David Brown
259 C Brian Ihnacak

Eligible To Re-Enter
99 C Tyler Kennedy
130 D Michal Sersen
164 R Moises Gutierrez
222 C Jordan Morrison

They'll all be signed.

No re-entries from the Pens. Not 100% sure if Salmonsson keeps his European 4 year rights thing because of his stint in the WHL, but he's not there anymore...so...who knows. Doesn't matter, no way he's not signed either way.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
correct me if I'm wrong...but I think these are the only 2004 1st rounders out of Canadian Juniors who have yet to sign pro contracts:

10th Boris Valabik
14th Devan Dubnyk

maybe AJ Thelen though he was drafted from NCAA then went to WHL and then went to the AHL on tryout contract with Minnesota's affiliate. Did he sign an entry contract with the Wild?

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Jack Splat said:
Any interesting re-entries for this draft?

Also, does the new CBA provide compensatory picks?

And what about all those european prospects whose rights will be lost this summer if they're not signed? Will they re-enter, or will they become UFAs?

yes only for first round picks who are not signed. The team is given a 2nd rounder in that draft. So if they were unable to sign the 10th overall pick of the 2004 draft they would get the 40th overall pick in the 2006 draft.

Transported Upstater

McDonald19 said:
correct me if I'm wrong...but I think these are the only 2004 1st rounders out of Canadian Juniors who have yet to sign pro contracts:

10th Boris Valabik
14th Devan Dubnyk

maybe AJ Thelen though he was drafted from NCAA then went to WHL and then went to the AHL on tryout contract with Minnesota's affiliate. Did he sign an entry contract with the Wild?

Didn't Valabik sign with the Thrashers?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
ROOKIE CHARGERS said:
IMO re-entries are drafted players who haven't signed a pro contract 2 years after being drafted? It is one of my interest at draft time. There is a deadline to sign them but I don't recall the date. :)

June 1st

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Holly Gunning said:
Yes, he did. A few weeks ago.

link?

I searched at the Thrashers site, Kitchener site and Atlanta page at HF and didn't find anything on the signing.

Last edited:

Holly Gunning

Mar 9, 2002
out and about
Visit site

Igor55

Nov 11, 2005
Im pretty sure the Bruins have to sign Lars Jonsson before the deadline or lose him ???????

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Igor55 said:
Im pretty sure the Bruins have to sign Lars Jonsson before the deadline or lose him ???????
Yeah, but he won't go back into the draft.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
For the Habs they have to sign,

Greg Stewart- (Petes)
Alex Dulac-Lemelin- (Bathurst)
Loic Lacasse- (Drummondville)

Plus Jon Gleed has to be signed this year since he's a senior. (Cornell)

And lots of Euros as well such as Konstantin Korneev (AK Bars) and Tomas Linhart (Pardubice)

I think only Stewart will be signed, perhaps Gleed since the Habs are thin on D prospects.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Holly Gunning said:
Given that I wrote what's on the HF Atlanta page, it's strange that you won't take my word for it, but here you go in print if you want:

http://hockeysfuture.com/article.php?sid=8542&mode=threaded&order=0

I can't find the link on the Thrashers' site either for some reason. But here's just one example of another place it was reported.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/hockey/nhl/teams/thrashers/transactions.html

with all due respect it would just be nice to see the transaction on the Trashers site or TSN or something. I know you wouldn't make the signing up I just couldn't find it on anything else. Obviously for whatever reason this first round signing flew under the radar on March 30th if the sportsilllustrated link is the best one out there.

Seiza

Feb 28, 2002
Sweden

Rangerfan*

montreal said:
For the Habs they have to sign,

Greg Stewart- (Petes)
Alex Dulac-Lemelin- (Bathurst)
Loic Lacasse- (Drummondville)

Plus Jon Gleed has to be signed this year since he's a senior. (Cornell)

And lots of Euros as well such as Konstantin Korneev (AK Bars) and Tomas Linhart (Pardubice)

I think only Stewart will be signed, perhaps Gleed since the Habs are thin on D prospects.

euros??? watch it buddy! as far as i`m concerned, it`s EUROPEANS!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad