Re-alignment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donga

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I have taken the liberty to realign the league. Here are my conclusions.

North East
Boston Bruins
Buffalo Sabres
Montreal Canadiens
Ottawa Senators
Toronto Maple Leafs
New York Islanders
New York Rangers

South East
New Jersey Devils
Philadelphia Flyers
Pittsburgh Penguins
Atlanta Thrashers
Carolina Hurricanes
Florida Panthers
Tampa Bay Lightning
Washington Capitals

Central
Chicago Blackhawks
Columbus Blue Jackets
Detroit Red Wings
Nashville Predators
St. Louis Blues
Dallas Stars
Minnesota Wild

Pacific
Anaheim Mighty Ducks
Los Angeles Kings
Phoenix Coyotes
San Jose Sharks
Colorado Avalanche
Calgary Flames
Edmonton Oilers
Vancouver Canucks

League starts this weekend. For the coyotes and Sabres GMs, please ensure that your rosters are filled out properly otherwise Puckhead and dull knife or even yourselves incarnated will make an appearance for your team. :)

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
I don't know about that alignment... The West looks ok, but we should do something more like this for the East to keep traditional rivalries. We can't have the Rangers and Islanders in different divisions than New Jersey, Philly, and Pittsburgh.

Atlantic
New York Islanders
New York Rangers
New Jersey Devils
Philadelphia Flyers
Pittsburgh Penguins
Florida Panthers
Washington Capitals

Northeast
Boston Bruins
Buffalo Sabres
Montreal Canadiens
Ottawa Senators
Toronto Maple Leafs
Atlanta Thrashers
Carolina Hurricanes
Tampa Bay Lightning

Central
Chicago Blackhawks
Columbus Blue Jackets
Detroit Red Wings
Nashville Predators
St. Louis Blues
Dallas Stars
Minnesota Wild

Pacific
Anaheim Mighty Ducks
Los Angeles Kings
Phoenix Coyotes
San Jose Sharks
Colorado Avalanche
Calgary Flames
Edmonton Oilers
Vancouver Canucks

HFNHL Red Wings

Wild GM said:
Won't this affect endorsement deals if you picked the one to win your division? Kinda cuts your chances there.

Yes and No :)
I guess the question is did you originally sign up for this when we were still a 4 division (and now back again) league.
Also Nick developed the endorsement structure when we were a 4 division league and I don't think the risk/reward was ever revised down for a potential 6 division league (which it should have IMO)

HFNHL Red Wings

I agree with Sean's tweaks in the East. I might have missed something but ...
I believe the revised alignment is consistent with the old one with the following small moves (which I don't see an issue with)
(i) Tampa is moved from the North East to the Atlantic Division
(ii) Columbus and Phoenix swap divisions

Ville Isopaa

Feb 27, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
HFNHL Red Wings said:
I agree with Sean's tweaks in the East. I might have missed something but ...
I believe the revised alignment is consistent with the old one with the following small moves (which I don't see an issue with)
(i) Tampa is moved from the North East to the Atlantic Division
(ii) Columbus and Phoenix swap divisions

Columbus in the Pacific division? Doesn't sound very good when you look on the map.

Donga

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Dang public computers, won't lemme use my thumb drive. Looks like I have to upload tonite then :(

As for the re-alignment, I disagree in some ways with the rivalry issue, if there is a rivalry it should be between the GM's not the fans as their isn't a rivalry factor programmed into the sim. If there was, then I would have factored into the realignment. I hate this South East bashing!!! It happens in real life as well. Can't the northern parts of north america win gracefully and not rub it in our faces. You won the war already, so grow up. :rant:

Just because the South east is weak and the history of other teams is far greater, I say screw it and let the new HFNHL reign. Times are achanging.

if you want your realignment, I would swap my Hurricanes with the Panthers. I don't want the face the Leafs in a five years time when they have Kessel, Epsito (sp) and Tavares on the same line. That is down right scary.

But i still think that my realignment is the best. I don't care about the rivalries... in the end, i have the power... huahuahua... :D :yo:

Please take my rant about the south east as a jk. :yo:

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
I don't know if this sould be a closed issue where 1 person has the only say. If anything, it should be put to vote.

I thought the point of this league was to be as realistic as possible? There's no way in hell the Rangers, Islanders, Flyers, Devils, and to an extent the Penguins, would be placed in different divisions.... especially now that the league is trying to promote their rivalies.

Doesn't make any sense to me. :dunno:

Donga said:
Dang public computers, won't lemme use my thumb drive. Looks like I have to upload tonite then :(

As for the re-alignment, I disagree in some ways with the rivalry issue, if there is a rivalry it should be between the GM's not the fans as their isn't a rivalry factor programmed into the sim. If there was, then I would have factored into the realignment. I hate this South East bashing!!! It happens in real life as well. Can't the northern parts of north america win gracefully and not rub it in our faces. You won the war already, so grow up. :rant:

Just because the South east is weak and the history of other teams is far greater, I say screw it and let the new HFNHL reign. Times are achanging.

if you want your realignment, I would swap my Hurricanes with the Panthers. I don't want the face the Leafs in a five years time when they have Kessel, Epsito (sp) and Tavares on the same line. That is down right scary.

But i still think that my realignment is the best. I don't care about the rivalries... in the end, i have the power... huahuahua... :D :yo:

Please take my rant about the south east as a jk. :yo:

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
I'd lean towards Sean's suggestion. The rivalries are important and we should try to keep things realistic in comparison to the NHL.

Hopefully we'll figure out the three divisions next year and it will no longer be an issue.

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
The Islanders agree with Sean suggestion. You really need to have the original rivalries.

However, we don't mind if Dion would like to include us in a conference with HFNHL Elite teams (i.e., St Loius, Columbus, Ottawa ...) This way we can raise our ticket price to $100. :jump:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->