RDS & TVA Sports Memes! II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BIG GIFS

Apr 29, 2004
Halak better not perform any miracles and make the WCH finals go 3 games. Not sure I can handle this for another week:

xdeRlQ0.png

:help:
You don't watch it on CBC?

President XD

Apr 30, 2014
Can't stand Felix Séguin and Renaud Lavoie. Both are so cheezy and ridiculous.

Seguin is annoying as hell and Lavoie is just so full of himself. My wife was wondering why I was watching games on Sportsnet last year. I showed her a few minutes of the game on TVA spanre. That was enough for her to understand.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Seguin is annoying as hell and Lavoie is just so full of himself. My wife was wondering why I was watching games on Sportsnet last year. I showed her a few minutes of the game on TVA spanre. That was enough for her to understand.

If it ain't on RDS, it's the English broadcast for me!

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Speaking of media personalities...

Am I the only one enjoying JC Lajoie's show on 91.9FM?

I mean, the guy was a complete doofus when he started, no question. But now it seems he's got a hang of it and can host a very interesting show. I don't always agree with him, but at least he can explain the reasoning behind his statements. He's much more open minded than, say, the guys at l'anti-chambre.

And he's got some interesting guys on his show, too. Matthias Brunet, Mike Bossy etc.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

I mean, the guy was a complete doofus when he started, no question. But now it seems he's got a hang of it and can host a very interesting show. I don't always agree with him, but at least he can explain the reasoning behind his statements. He's much more open minded than, say, the guys at l'anti-chambre.

And he's got some interesting guys on his show, too. Matthias Brunet, Mike Bossy etc.

Lajoie has an ornery style that relies on overstatement of the obvious and a tone that can get annoying over time. I like him in small doses and yes, he's gotten better than the all-out clown he used to be. He's now a part-time clown.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham

He's good and has balls.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Lajoie has an ornery style that relies on overstatement of the obvious and a tone that can get annoying over time. I like him in small doses and yes, he's gotten better than the all-out clown he used to be. He's now a part-time clown.

That, I agree 100%. But that comes with the job. You have to be an entertainer first and foremost. No one wants to listen to a boring guy, with a boring voice and purely logical statements for hours.

So you have to be sort of a clown, it comes with the job description. And as you say, the secret is dosage.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
That, I agree 100%. But that comes with the job. You have to be an entertainer first and foremost. No one wants to listen to a boring guy, with a boring voice and purely logical statements for hours.

So you have to be sort of a clown, it comes with the job description. And as you say, the secret is dosage.

Yup, sports is entertainment, so one can't dismiss the diversionary component. However, I prefer the more intellectual types who are entertaining, informative and smart. I remember Mitch Garber from his radio days, used to fit that bill. There were others, but not many can lay claim to that.

gillyguzzler

Jan 21, 2007
Ontario
Emelin has replaced Eller as the French Media whipping boy and the season hasn't even started. The experts on l'AC all want him gone... waivers, minors, no value whatsoever,...

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
From Dave Morissette's show last evening, introducing a segment with an offsite TVA Spanre reporter, Andrée-Anne Barbeau, stationed in the Habs' dressing room:

DM: Andrée-Anne Barbeau est dans le vestiaire du Canadien et on a gardé une place de choix pour Mihail Sergachev.

Andrée-Anne Barbeau: Mihail Sergachev se retrouve presque dans le fond de la chambre, à sa droite il retrouvera, Jeff Petterie ...

Last year, Bossy had made the same pronunciation of Petry's name. A "petterie" sounds like a repository for flatulence.

Jul 6, 2016
From Dave Morissette's show last evening, introducing a segment with an offsite TVA Spanre reporter, Andrée-Anne Barbeau, stationed in the Habs' dressing room:

DM: Andrée-Anne Barbeau est dans le vestiaire du Canadien et on a gardé une place de choix pour Mihail Sergachev.

Andrée-Anne Barbeau: Mihail Sergachev se retrouve presque dans le fond de la chambre, à sa droite il retrouvera, Jeff Petterie ...

Last year, Bossy had made the same pronunciation of Petry's name. A "petterie" sounds like a repository for flatulence.

I thought the "farting boy" was Subban... He said it on a popular French TV show last season. He likes to eat spicy foods before game, and let a big one go when he is in a scrum in front of his own net.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

:laugh: I missed that? Damn! Thank God he's not a Greek named Petsos because it would be "Pète sauce."

I hate when all of the 91.9FM personalities pronounce Mike Condon's name with the French pronounciation for condom. Laraque, Gonzalez, and Lajoie all say it this way. Mattias Brunet was on a segment with Lajoie and Brunet kept pronouncing Condon's name properly even if he was talking in French. Lajoie kept pronouncing it the French way. It just irks me.

Antichambre at least pronounce it properly. But it annoyed me big time when they would talk about Lars Eller and they'd pronounce it "L'harceleur" (for the ones who don't speak French, it means the harasser).

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Le gazouillis the Roberto Luongo *forced laugh* quel farceur!!! *forced laugh*

Felix Seguin :facepalm::facepalm: i cant even

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Mattias Brunet was on a segment with Lajoie and Brunet kept pronouncing Condon's name properly even if he was talking in French. Lajoie kept pronouncing it the French way. It just irks me.

Antichambre at least pronounce it properly.

Not all of them do. Gagnon legit calls him ''Condom'', in english not french.:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->