RD Timothy Liljegren - Ex-Rogle BK, SHL (2017, 17th, TOR) III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Not angry, I was laughing lol/ I think its funny
Being elite in a hockey category is a real thing. Even if its a sub category. Most people would agree Tarasenko has an elite shot but that only pertains to part of his shot and not every shot type out there... don't know why it's funny that Lily has elite lateral skating its true...

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
To keep the thread updated...

Primary pass to Kapanen on the PP today....bit of a lucky-bounce excuse-me goal by Kapanen.

Secondary assist to Marcinin to setup Kapanen. Nice shot/pass fake into a curl and drag assist to Marcinin who goes cross-ice to Kapanen...he's shown a bit of his high-end toolbox every Marlies game so far.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I cannot wait to see this kid in a couple years. It'll be like adding defender version of Nylander to our blueline...drool

I've only caught parts of some games because it's impossible to find streams for the AHL but Jeffler is pretty good with GIFs. He's acclimated very nicely to the AHL. Don't know if he can keep up .75PPG as an 18 year old kid but he's really special.

I remember Leaf fans were conflicted heading into last season. Tank for Liljegren or try to make the playoffs? We got Liljegren and the playoffs.

Imagine that with Matthews and Nylander.

NarcoPolo

Jul 16, 2012
I wonder what Craig Button is thinking now.. Starting pretty strong it seems, 3 points in 4 games..

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Which is strange given that, IMO, the SHL and AHL are of similar levels. The SHL the better of the two. Liljegren needed to learn how to play on the small rink and with physical forwards opposing him. He was always going to learn more in the AHL. The only reason to send him back was if the management was concerned that he'd get hurt. He's 6' 190lbs, so i dont think that should be a concern.

molotce

Apr 14, 2017
I was wondering for those of you who saw him play in the ahl, how is his defensive game up to now ? I don't really care about the points so much, he has a lot of tools to put up points, the real knock for me is the huge risks/turnovers in his zone... how is he up to now ?

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
the real knock for me is the huge risks/turnovers in his zone... how is he up to now ?

I haven't seen the games, but he is probably fine in that category because that is not a flaw of his. During the preseason he was better than any of the Leafs' roster D at controlled zone exit percentage and had the lowest failed zone exit percentage (and his numbers for the preseason were also better than any Leafs' D has been during the regular season so far). Yes he can run into problems when he is out on the ice with teammates who are all completely out of position, as happened in the rookie tournament, but the same would go for any player, and is simply more obvious with a player who is always controlling the play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad