Lindholm60,160,110,620,8745,5251,2719,42
Ristolainen80,260,090,241,0849,1549,94-2,9
Honka140,310,160,671,2850,5950-3,75
Liljegren170,170,030,160,7960,1148,1518.46
Voynov320,210,160,690,949,3849,369,55
Hägg410,2000,6645,2742,06-5,56
Kylington600,170,110,440,7143,8552,11-3,78
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
5v5 stats, from prospect-stats.com. Mind you I just noticed that they don't actually track ice time, but rather use some formula to calculate it, so take the per/60 stats with a grain of salt.

GF%rel of %18.46 and you're using the fact that he plays on a dominant team against him?

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
Robbed of two assists so far tonight. The first on a called back goal that should never have been called back, especially with no video review and an initial goal call. The second on Mason Marchment's goal where they did not credit either Rosen or Liljegren (who passed it Rosen from the corner) with obvious assists, counting it as unassisted.

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
Regarding the previous post, they ended up fixing the boxscore and giving Rosen and Liljegren the assists on the Marchment goal.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
That was definitely not goalie interference. I didn't see the game, how was he defensively?

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Makar most definitely has the higher offensive upside though, not sure how anyone that has watched them can think otherwise. Maybe he will be better but to say he has comparable upside is absolutely not true.

people said the same thing about Juolevi over McAvoy.
one went top 5, the other was a mid 1st

Makar isnt exactly tearing it up either. 21pts. He is behind 2nd rd pick mario ferraro who has 23pts.

I would take Makar over Liljegren at this point but to say a high 1st and mid 1st (one who was projected top 10) don't have comparable upside is silly.

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
people said the same thing about Juolevi over McAvoy.
one went top 5, the other was a mid 1st

Makar isnt exactly tearing it up either. 21pts. He is behind 2nd rd pick mario ferraro who has 23pts.

I would take Makar over Liljegren at this point but to say a high 1st and mid 1st (one who was projected top 10) don't have comparable upside is silly.
I didn’t say they don’t have similar upside I said they don’t have comparable offensive upside which is true. Makar obviously has another gear in that department. He led dman scoring in the world juniors playing barely any minutes. That 21 points in 34 is very comparable to McAvoy’s 26 in 38. It isn’t tearing it up but it’s still respectable especially considering the league he played in last year and the adjustment he had to make. He was also the only junior player selected to play for team Canada at the Olympics. Go check his prospect thread to see some crazy highlights of his lately, the guy is very skilled offensively.

Upside was literally the only reason Makar was taken so high, as he didn’t play in a strong league and had a lot of question marks. He even had some teams placing him at 1st overall on their draft boards for no reason other than his upside. It isn’t crazy at all to say he has a higher offensive upside then Liljegren, he definitely does.

Reactions: Acadien86

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
That was definitely not goalie interference. I didn't see the game, how was he defensively?

Oh it definitely was. Was sitting behind the Providence bench (screen right) and laughed out loud when the call on the ice was goal. You can't see from that angle but Baun actually extended and pushed him in the chest with his free hand as he came across. It was a weird sequence.

He looked raw. Jittery at times but flashes of absolute brilliance. Quite good for a U19 in the AHL (the vast majority of AHL rookies are U21) but there's a clear separation between him and Holl/Borgman/Marincin, the NHL ready guys that imposed their will on the game at both ends. I think the pairing with Rosen is interesting developmentally. It's not necessarily the greatest on ice result but he gets exposed to (and as such gets to learn from) wilder and riskier situations than if he were paired with a steady-eddy lockdown guy, then get's to watch the better guys from the bench to really see the nuance.

Reactions: Jeypic

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
Oh it definitely was. Was sitting behind the Providence bench (screen right) and laughed out loud when the call on the ice was goal. You can't see from that angle but Baun actually extended and pushed him in the chest with his free hand as he came across. It was a weird sequence.

He looked raw. Jittery at times but flashes of absolute brilliance. Quite good for a U19 in the AHL (the vast majority of AHL rookies are U21) but there's a clear separation between him and Holl/Borgman/Marincin, the NHL ready guys that imposed their will on the game at both ends. I think the pairing with Rosen is interesting developmentally. It's not necessarily the greatest on ice result but he gets exposed to (and as such gets to learn from) wilder and riskier situations than if he were paired with a steady-eddy lockdown guy, then get's to watch the better guys from the bench to really see the nuance.

Thanks for sharing your assessment of Liljegren's play, watching him live.
Not sure I agree about the goal being goalie interference though. Was watching the game on Leafs Nation Network and they showed it about 5 or 6 times from different angles and Baun was pushed by the Providence player and McIntyre was partially outside of the paint. The announcers were saying prior to the call back that it would be a goal as well. I think it was more the way McIntyre reacted after.

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
He was a little more inconsistent defensively this game than he has been, and was caught a couple of times up ice, because as he pinched there wasn't adequate coverage for him, and he should have stayed back. Having Rosen as a partner makes him more defensively conscious, because Rosen is a gunslinger and doesn't play D, so if Liljegren makes a wrong decision his partner often isn't there to bail him out. As 4thline mentioned there were moments of brilliance (working the line in the o-zone and transitioning the puck out of the d-zone), and IMO the 1st Marlies goal should have counted which would have given him 2 assists on the night.

Jeypic

Sep 12, 2015
He was a little more inconsistent defensively this game than he has been, and was caught a couple of times up ice, because as he pinched there wasn't adequate coverage for him, and he should have stayed back. Having Rosen as a partner makes him more defensively conscious, because Rosen is a gunslinger and doesn't play D, so if Liljegren makes a wrong decision his partner often isn't there to bail him out. As 4thline mentioned there were moments of brilliance (working the line in the o-zone and transitioning the puck out of the d-zone), and IMO the 1st Marlies goal should have counted which would have given him 2 assists on the night.
I like reading this about him and Rosen. On one of my earlier viewings he was getting away with some questionable pinches because someone was always there to cover for him. Which is fine.. if everything goes perfect, but it’s not always going to be the case.. and as a defenseman he’s gotta be prepared for that.

liljegren beast

Mar 28, 2018
Looking very sharp recently, he has been an absolute force on the marlies. I think that his skill combined with his silky smooth skating, and great first pass and work ethic, he could easily end up being the best player in this draft within 5 years.

Pyromaniac

May 29, 2012
Looking very sharp recently, he has been an absolute force on the marlies. I think that his skill combined with his silky smooth skating, and great first pass and work ethic, he could easily end up being the best player in this draft within 5 years.
Can you not... Hyperbole only leads to posters coming in here who don't watch Liljegren and are only interested in putting him down.

Reactions: TMLeafs17

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Easily .... And an easy projection to make over 5 years

Gamble9

Apr 15, 2014
Bowmanville, Ontario
Hes a great player but pump the brakes a little on this best player from the draft stuff hes developing well with a high ceiling but calling for him to be the best drafted player is just fluff at this point he would have to get soo much better its possible but not likly

Reactions: TheMadHatTrick

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006

Anything's possible, but he hasn't had close to the most impressive season of the 2017 class.

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
And as expected the opinion police has arrived to curb your enthusiasm. Lilly has as good a chance as anyone else in this draft to be the top player rn. Obviously we cannot judge this yet for another 4 years so how about everyone relax and let people have their opinions before trying to feed them your personal insecurities.

TheFinnishTrap

Apr 10, 2012
And as expected the opinion police has arrived to curb your enthusiasm. Lilly has as good a chance as anyone else in this draft to be the top player rn. Obviously we cannot judge this yet for another 4 years so how about everyone relax and let people have their opinions before trying to feed them your personal insecurities.
No he doesn't. There are multiple players tracking ahead of him that have a better chance at being the best player from this draft.

Reactions: PittsburghHustlers

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Liljegren is having a pretty good post-draft season, but really no reason to be talking about him as the best player from the draft or as having a good chance to get to that level.

He's a good prospect that's trending well, I'd leave it at that and let him develop at his own pace. No rush this soon after being drafted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->