RD Timothy Liljegren - Ex-Rogle BK, SHL (2017, 17th, TOR) III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Healthy DiPietro

Jan 4, 2014
Hope Linagrin does well in Tronna, but with Gardiner and Rielly taking big steps this season I doubt he'll ever be a first pairing d there.

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
Hope Linagrin does well in Tronna, but with Gardiner and Rielly taking big steps this season I doubt he'll ever be a first pairing d there.

latest

ITM

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
Jan 26, 2012
OEL is a beast but he's also a -46 over the last 112 games. I know he plays a ton of minutes and is on a bad team but he's not an elite defensive defenceman.

Oh I'd take the bet that wagers he's a much better defensive defenceman if given different surroundings. The relaxed tension and increased focus (not having to "do it all" ) of an improved team game would help OEL in a night and day fashion.

Reactions: x BEUKEBOOM x

Scott Malkinson

Sep 29, 2017
Oh I'd take the bet that wagers he's a much better defensive defenceman if given different surroundings. The relaxed tension and increased focus (not having to "do it all" ) of an improved team game would help OEL in a night and day fashion.

I don't disagree. OEL is one of the best defencemen in the league, if he's on a good team.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Rielly and Gardiner are both LHD, rarely play together. Rielly's really the one who is coming into form, Gardiner is the same guy he's been for a while and had a rough start to the season.

Right now it's:

Rielly - Hainsey (LH, 36 years old, signed for one more year)
Gardiner-Zaitsev

so there's a spot for Liljegren open as of now on the top pair if he's able to take it, we'd be ecstatic if he did so in 2 years when Hainsey's contract is up

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Anyone know who Liljegren will be playing with at the WJCs? Obviously hoping for at least a couple glimpses of him and Dahlin on at the same time.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Anyone know who Liljegren will be playing with at the WJCs? Obviously hoping for at least a couple glimpses of him and Dahlin on at the same time.
Way too early to tell. He hasn't even gone to camp yet. My guess is Dahlin, but could also be Brannstrom.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010

Liljegren has a long way to go to be a Montour level player. He may not have been hyped as a prospcet but hes turned into quite the player. Looking like he might put up 40 points this year in his first full season. If I had to be money on if Liljegren would ever hit 40 points in his career I would more than likely bet no right now. He has the potential but thats a lot of development that has to go right

Reactions: DieTomi

Pyromaniac

May 29, 2012
Liljegren has a long way to go to be a Montour level player. He may not have been hyped as a prospcet but hes turned into quite the player. Looking like he might put up 40 points this year in his first full season. If I had to be money on if Liljegren would ever hit 40 points in his career I would more than likely bet no right now. He has the potential but thats a lot of development that has to go right
Well for one it makes no sense to compare an 18 year defenseman to a 23 year old defenseman. I believe zeke was talking about the level of prospect that Montour was compared to Liljegren, Montour was undrafted and playing in a Jr. B league at the same age. No doubt Montour has come a long ways since then.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Well for one it makes no sense to compare an 18 year defenseman to a 23 year old defenseman. I believe zeke was talking about the level of prospect that Montour was compared to Liljegren, Montour was undrafted and playing in a Jr. B league at the same age. No doubt Montour has come a long ways since then.
Well he didnt make that clear. I mean 2 years after Montour was drafted he had almost a 60 point season his first full year in the AHL. Went from drafted out of junior B to one of the top D-man prospects in the league in about 2 years. Obviously the guy who was touted as a top 3 pick in his draft year is in a higher tier of prospect than a guy drafted out of the USHL in the second round. But basically as soon as they were drafted Montour took off like crazy and its not like hes some 30 year old dman now, hes 23 like you said.

With that logic you might as well say Liljegren is a different class of prospect than guys like Subban, Weber, and Chara. No real point in saying it really if thats what he was talking about

Pyromaniac

May 29, 2012
Well he didnt make that clear. I mean 2 years after Montour was drafted he had almost a 60 point season his first full year in the AHL. Went from drafted out of junior B to one of the top D-man prospects in the league in about 2 years. Obviously the guy who was touted as a top 3 pick in his draft year is in a higher tier of prospect than a guy drafted out of the USHL in the second round. But basically as soon as they were drafted Montour took off like crazy and its not like hes some 30 year old dman now, hes 23 like you said.

With that logic you might as well say Liljegren is a different class of prospect than guys like Subban, Weber, and Chara. No real point in saying it really if thats what he was talking about
The bolded is exactly how I read the OP's "different class of prospect" statement.

I believe the point in saying that is that it distinguishes that these two players are not really all that comparable because the path they are taking is quite different. We can compare their playing style but that's as far as the comparison goes due to Montour's unusual path to the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad