RD PK Subban (2007, 43rd, MTL)

devils

Jun 13, 2007
Toronto, ON
www.cardatabase.net
good call "chaosrevolver" on Subban being a 2nd Rounder:handclap:...(I really loved what I read about Subban from NHL DraftBuzz).

Are you sure you're not a HABS scout?!;)

Seeing him play, and hearing his comments after the NHL Draft he's got character and yeah I liked what I saw from him, I personally thought he would go higher because some team would go off the board to take him.

Blades 0f Steel

Jun 23, 2002
PK definitely doesnt stand for penalty killer........He's got tons of tools, if he even remotely knew what was going on in his own end he'd of been a first round pick....unfortunetly he needs to develop some defensive awareness......that being said i've seen players worse in their own end at his age, he's got two more years of junior to improve it

Fitting avatar. "Mmm-mmm, b****!"

leafmon

Nov 13, 2006
No arguement here on what PK needs to do/learn about playing D but the one thing I haven't seen mentioned here is he has a great one timer from the point on the PP.

znk

Nov 5, 2005
Montreal
If he cant learn to play defensive how would he translate as a forward? Could you see him become a winger?
Awesome interviews with a huge smile.

TheHoser

Jul 13, 2006
English Quebec
Subban's a rover. We have a ton of safe defensemen on our team, it's about time we got someone who just takes the puck up the ice on the offense, our Paul Coffey. Hopefully we can pair him with Komisarek so he can cover for his missteps, because I see Subban as becoming a very good offensive defenseman.

UPSIDE: Sergei Zubov
DOWNSIDE: Andy Delmore

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
You cant teach skill but you can teach defense. I just hope hes a coachable kid...

IMO, that maxim is bandied about a little too freely. Yes, you can teach defense, but some guys just don't perform. Besides, that phrase is usually associated with forwards who don't play much defense, not defensemen who are supposed to play defense first and foremost.

Bégin is the bestest*

Yeah they are total moron, they are presently crying because we just took one Quebecer. They don't even know hockey and they will try to run our good scout staff down.

They are using argument like: It's Quebec Day tomorrow, they are stupid to don't take a lot of quebecers. We don't know Pacioretty so they should have took David Perron. Who the hell is PK Subban? They should have took Keven Veilleux.

I'm sure they don't even know a thing about scouting. They can't even understand that the American program is one of the best in the world presently.

yes they doesn't knows a lot about prospects, but with an equal talent, the habs should draft a québécois player. i'm sure Perron is more talented than Pashouretty. P. K. Subban sucks defensively, why drafting him over someone like Veilleux who is really talented? i know Veilleux isn't always constant but Carbo would have shaked him up before the game starts. and why they drafted some morons from Minnesota in the 5th round over Jean-Simon Alllard? please don't tell me that Staskal is better than Allard.

Last edited by a moderator:

Psycho Papa Joe

Porkchop Hoser
Feb 27, 2002
Cesspool, Ontario
Visit site
you're the moron. yes they doesn't knows a lot about prospects, but with an equal talent, the habs should draft a québécois player. i'm sure Perron is more talented than Pashouretty. P. K. Subban sucks defensively, why drafting him over someone like Veilleux who is really talented? i know Veilleux isn't always constant but Carbo would have shaked him up before the game starts. and why they drafted some morons from Minnesota in the 5th round over Jean-Simon Alllard? please don't tell me that Staskal is better than Allard.

Well the guys who's drafting built an AHL champion this year, thought the players picked were better than the Quebec born players. Until proven otherwise, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, especially considering they have actually seen these players play, unlike you.

Psycho Papa Joe

Porkchop Hoser
Feb 27, 2002
Cesspool, Ontario
Visit site
IMO, that maxim is bandied about a little too freely. Yes, you can teach defense, but some guys just don't perform. Besides, that phrase is usually associated with forwards who don't play much defense, not defensemen who are supposed to play defense first and foremost.

Really depends on how coachable he is. If he's willing to learn and work hard he could become a player. Kind of reminds me of Rafalski, which I think might be his absolute plus side, but that would require the planets to aline in a unique formation.. Downside would be Delmore.

Last edited:

Erika

Jan 9, 2007
Gatineau
I'd say, If he can become anything near Joe Corvo, I'd be very Happy !!

I don't think that this guy will ever be good on defence... We can hope though...

Bu I wanted Mark Katic instead of him :(

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
you're the moron. yes they doesn't knows a lot about prospects, but with an equal talent, the habs should draft a québécois player. i'm sure Perron is more talented than Pashouretty. P. K. Subban sucks defensively, why drafting him over someone like Veilleux who is really talented? i know Veilleux isn't always constant but Carbo would have shaked him up before the game starts. and why they drafted some morons from Minnesota in the 5th round over Jean-Simon Alllard? please don't tell me that Staskal is better than Allard.

You seem to know more than anyone what this team needs and which player is better than the other...I wonder why they still haven't hired you as a scout:shakehead

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
yes they doesn't knows a lot about prospects, but with an equal talent, the habs should draft a québécois player. i'm sure Perron is more talented than Pashouretty. P. K. Subban sucks defensively, why drafting him over someone like Veilleux who is really talented? i know Veilleux isn't always constant but Carbo would have shaked him up before the game starts. and why they drafted some morons from Minnesota in the 5th round over Jean-Simon Alllard? please don't tell me that Staskal is better than Allard.

Guess it says that they aren't equal talents. Actually Timmins said they wanted to go to the NCAA because they hold their rights for 4-5 years depending on when they go to the NCAA. We lost Mikus because of the 50 contracts rule, we likely lost Lambert. We have a ton of prospects right now and there's only so many spots, so much ice time.

To me if you are more concerned with the name on the back of the jersey then the one of the front, then you'll likely be disappionted with the Habs cause I think Gainey will do what's best for the team, end of story.

PeteLaframboise

Sep 11, 2006
Guess it says that they aren't equal talents. Actually Timmins said they wanted to go to the NCAA because they hold their rights for 4-5 years depending on when they go to the NCAA. We lost Mikus because of the 50 contracts rule, we likely lost Lambert. We have a ton of prospects right now and there's only so many spots, so much ice time.

To me if you are more concerned with the name on the back of the jersey then the one of the front, then you'll likely be disappionted with the Habs cause I think Gainey will do what's best for the team, end of story.

Excellent point, never tought of it like this makes a lot of sense.

leafsrok

Feb 3, 2007
he has got a crazy set of wheels, he can blast his way through the other team's D. he also plays his position well, and is a decent checker

Bruinster*

Well the guys who's drafting built an AHL champion this year, thought the players picked were better than the Quebec born players. Until proven otherwise, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, especially considering they have actually seen these players play, unlike you.

I'm sure Timmins job isn't drafting players for Hamilton.

AHL championship mean very little for a NHL franchise success and Hamilton championship isn't apart. Minus Price I saw very little future "key" contributor for the Habs on the Hamilton roster.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
I'm sure Timmins job isn't drafting players for Hamilton.

AHL championship mean very little for a NHL franchise success and Hamilton championship isn't apart. Minus Price I saw very little future "key" contributor for the Habs on the Hamilton roster.

what? Kyle Chipchura, Matt D'agostini, Ryan O'byrne, Maxime Lappierre,Micheal Grabovski, Jonathan Ferland, is that enough for you?

Bruinster*

what? Kyle Chipchura, Matt D'agostini, Ryan O'byrne, Maxime Lappierre,Micheal Grabovski, Jonathan Ferland, is that enough for you?

I know, but those names can replace Johnson, Bonk, Murray and others stiff like that. I said minus Price no one can be "key" contributor. And my point still with the names you're throwing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->