RD Noah Dobson - Acadie-Bathurst Titan, QMJHL (2018, 12th, NYI)

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
I already like Barron more then McIssac and he is like a year and a half younger.
I like both....though McIssac is not taking over with the puck we all thought he would this year, he is still super super smart, very strong and tough, aggressive, and a great shut down defender with excellent ability to work the puck out of his zone with offensive ability that is there but not showing like we thought this year.....Barron is flashier, not as aggressive but great puck rusher with good heads up plays and creates more offense.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
He went beast mode today vs Halifax. Played half the game in all key situations and ended up with the GWG+2 assists to lead the Titan to a 5-4 come from behind W. Was dangerous all game and easily could've had more than the one goal while being the 1st star. The goals should definitely start coming soon consistently

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Cbgrinder

Jun 30, 2017
Love this kid. Notice him in all ends of the rink for the right reasons. Never seems to make a bad play or decision when he's out there.

Mark Edwards

@MarkEdwardsHP
Feb 14, 2008
Toronto
www.HockeyProspect.com
I spoke about him (and others) a few weeks back on the Hockey Prospects show. I really like his game. I've seen him two more times since this audio was recorded and will see him again (in Halifax ) soon.

He played a very safe defensive game at the Hlinka (as they wanted him to) but that's not how he has played in my viewings of him in the Q. He is smart and loves to jump into the offensive play.

Audio Link

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I spoke about him (and others) a few weeks back on the Hockey Prospects show. I really like his game. I've seen him two more times since this audio was recorded and will see him again (in Halifax ) soon.

He played a very safe defensive game at the Hlinka (as they wanted him to) but that's not how he has played in my viewings of him in the Q. He is smart and loves to jump into the offensive play.

Audio Link

Is that the consensus with NHL scouts as well? Think he can end up as a top 10 or 15 pick?

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Is that the consensus with NHL scouts as well? Think he can end up as a top 10 or 15 pick?

There's A LOT of quality dmen in this years draft, there's gonna be a lot of movement in the 1st round rankings. I don't remember the last time i've seen this many quality dmen. Honestly after Dahlin there's another group of high-end dmen who have top pairing potential. It's early in the season but here's how my dmen tiers look:

(Players in NA leagues not counting Dahlin and Boqvist)
Tier 1 : Dahlin
Tier 2: Boqvist/Dobson/Ty Smith/Jett Woo/Hughes/Evan Bouchard
Tier 3: Bode Wilde/Mattias Samuelsson
Tier 4: Nicolas Beaudin, Rasmus Sandin, Alexander Alexeyev, Filip Kral, Xavier Bernard, Ryan Merkley, K'Andre Miller, Adam Samuelsson, Calen Addison, Jared McIsaac

Honestly I've been very disappointed by Addison and McIsaac, both are trending down for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: NotProkofievian

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
There's A LOT of quality dmen in this years draft, there's gonna be a lot of movement in the 1st round rankings. I don't remember the last time i've seen this many quality dmen. Honestly after Dahlin there's another group of high-end dmen who have top pairing potential. It's early in the season but here's how my dmen tiers look:

(Players in NA leagues not counting Dahlin and Boqvist)
Tier 1 : Dahlin
Tier 2: Boqvist/Dobson/Ty Smith/Jett Woo/Hughes/Evan Bouchard
Tier 3: Bode Wilde/Nicolas Beaudin/Mattias Samuelsson
Tier 4: Rasmus Sandin, Alexander Alexeyev, Filip Kral, Xavier Bernard, Ryan Merkley, K'Andre Miller, Adam Samuelsson, Calen Addison, Jared McIsaac

Honestly I've been very disappointed by Addison and McIsaac, both are trending down for me.

How the heck is Addison trending down?

Mark Edwards

@MarkEdwardsHP
Feb 14, 2008
Toronto
www.HockeyProspect.com

He's an interesting one when it comes to NHL Scouts I've spoken to. Some are as high on him as I am, but some others clearly are not. I've seen him live more than quite a few scouts I've spoken to though.

As for your other question, yes.

We moved him to 16th on our ranking in early November. We won't be updating our NHL Draft rankings again until I get home from the Junior A Challenge (and I'll see him again during that trip) but he'd be higher than 16th on my own list as of today.

Reactions: 99664987 and Frk It

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
He's an interesting one when it comes to NHL Scouts I've spoken to. Some are as high on him as I am, but some others clearly are not. I've seen him live more than quite a few scouts I've spoken to though.

As for your other question, yes.

We moved him to 16th on our ranking in early November. We won't be updating our NHL Draft rankings again until I get home from the Junior A Challenge (and I'll see him again during that trip) but he'd be higher than 16th on my own list as of today.

Awesome, thanks!

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Kid deserves it. It’ll be a tough go to shift the guys ahead of him, but if he can continue playing as he has, he should be drafted right about there in June.

Edit: can’t believe that Tkachuk is still in all the top-5s, bumping out a guy like Wahlstrom. Just not that good of a player.

Mark Edwards

@MarkEdwardsHP
Feb 14, 2008
Toronto
www.HockeyProspect.com

Yeah, I spoke to Sam in Moncton about him and then again in Gatineau this past weekend. He told me he was moving him way up on his next list.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I'm a big fan. I'll see Dobson again on the 15th in Halifax but I already have a pretty good idea where he'll be on our list that we'll be releasing shortly after I return from the Junior A Challenge.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Kid should battle for 2nd best d-man in this draft class.

Reminds me of Ryan Suter.

If his skating gets better (it's good just not elite), he could be superstar.

Reactions: BHD

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
I really enjoy watching the rankings and understand that Dobson has good wheels is a pretty good playmaker and handles the puck well. However he rarely plays well in Halifax. I've watched him more than a handful of times. Again on the 15th he had quite a few miscues and some unfortunate bounces. One leading to Fortiers short handed goal. If it wasn't for these rankings I would say he is just an above average player. I was really surprised at how highly regarded he is. Thanks

newdimension

May 18, 2013
If he keeps it up through the season, I think he has a good shot of going in the top 5. Not gonna overthrow Dahlin or Svechnikov, but I think he contends for the next 3 slots. Definitely top 10, at least, imo.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
I've had him at #4-#5 on my own list for a while, only behind Dahlin among the dmen (tied with Boqvist for the time being, until i figure out who i like more), ahead of Hughes. He has the tools and the smarts to go a long with them, this kid will be an all situation 23-24+ min a night player in the NHL.

Last edited:

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Interesting to note how he didn’t finish at the top to any extent. Must have done very well on everything - just like he does when he plays.
He won backwards skating with and without the puck, and finished 3rd in forward skating with the puck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad