RD Jesper Lindgren - MODO, Allsvenskan (2015, 95th, TOR, traded to PIT)

Mrpm

Jan 4, 2013
I think it's time we give this kid some recognition. Been pretty dominant in J20 SuperElit this early season, producing 13 points in 10 games. He's only got to play one game in the SHL so far though, but i'm sure he'll get plenty of more opportunities if he keeps playing like this. Amazing skater, skills and passing, reminds me a lot of Erik Karlsson.

Ranked #25 in the first round on www.draftsite.com

"Possible first round sleeper who has come out of nowhere with eye-popping skating, skills and swashbuckling offensive skills. Displays Karlsson-like attributes and seems on a quick developmental track to the first round if there is a team looking will to take the chance to watch him progress.

--Bill Placzek--"

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
thumb_460.jpg

Figured may as well put a face to the name.

He still looks 12! Though he is still growing and maturing. Grown 2 inches since last year. Now at 6ft.

He is uber-talented. If the Flyers did not need forward prospects with elite potential so badly I would love for them to draft him. I am going to be following his career closely, not just as I am a Modo fan. There has been brewing hype for the last ~1 1/2 years now that the rest of Sweden seemed to pick up on at the end of last year when he got J20 reps and even moreso at the start of the year when he played for Modos mens team... he was doing well in J18 as a 15 year old in a 12 year olds body 2 years ago, Modo got him from Björklöven and he has been progressing very well ever since.

Imagine what he could be able to do once he grows into his body and puts on 40 or so pounds?

DSL

Jun 30, 2011
I like what I've seen from him so far, which is just the flow.

Mrpm

Jan 4, 2013
Any updates on how he's been doing?

28 points in 30 games with J20, and 1 assist in his 4 SHL-games so far. He still needs to bulk up before being a regular in SHL, but skill-wise I'd say he's ready. One of the 2015 prospects from Sweden with the highest upside imo.

puckfan13

Jan 18, 2010
He looks quite weak still and makes the bail-out play at times, it's one of the reasons he was restricted to mostly PP duty at the U18's. However, this kid can move the pill, he has an ability to find tape-to-tape passes and sees the ice in front of him very well, good sense and presence when he has the puck. It is the not having the puck part that is the concern right now. Not too concerned with the skinniness part because a lot of Swedes seem to be like that, but does he want to do the things he has to in order for his puck moving skills to thrive? Does he have courage and grit to rise above? Quite good with the puck, needs to improve without at the moment.

XO

Nov 4, 2009
I'm a MODO Hockey fan and have followed this guy and he's going to be good

XO

Nov 4, 2009
He looks quite weak still and makes the bail-out play at times, it's one of the reasons he was restricted to mostly PP duty at the U18's. However, this kid can move the pill, he has an ability to find tape-to-tape passes and sees the ice in front of him very well, good sense and presence when he has the puck. It is the not having the puck part that is the concern right now. Not too concerned with the skinniness part because a lot of Swedes seem to be like that, but does he want to do the things he has to in order for his puck moving skills to thrive? Does he have courage and grit to rise above? Quite good with the puck, needs to improve without at the moment.

Yes, he's not afraid of battles and throwing his body

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
He's a player in the Erik Karlsson mold. Not the same explosiveness and all out offensive game though. Still a very smooth skater who moves the puck really well.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Any updates from Swedish fans? How's he progressing with MoDo?

Scored his 1st SHL goal today, and, before that, he put up 9 points in 6 games in the J20

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Stralman type upside?

So hard to say. Lindgren is talented but was drafted as a project. Hopefully in a few years he could become a good NHL player like Klingberg and Ekholm did.

Right now I'd say he's too good for the J20 league but still not strong or polished enough to be effective in the SHL.

NarcoPolo

Jul 16, 2012
Can anyone who follows the SHL comment at all on this kid? Seems to have a decent stat line for MODO this year;

21GP 1G 8A 9PTS 8PIM -4

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
ahh, not nearly as impressive as I initially thought then.. To my understanding at least.

well, allsvenskan is a good league....swedish version of ahl....

i would say the quality of allsvenskan is like the bottom teams in ahl and top teams in echl....he is playing against grown adults...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->