RD Jeremy Roy - Sherbrooke Phoenix, QMJHL (2015, 31st, SJS)

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007

We won't make a medical verdict before the 19 years old surgery but it is likely that his season is over. We'll see...

I feel bad for him. Great talent hindered by multiple injuries. Because of that, he has not progressed much since he was 16-17.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Yup, he dominated Midget AAA at 14 and 15 and looked really solid in the Q at 16. When I saw him at 16, I was sure he wouldn't play 4 years in juniors but **** happens.

Captain Timo

Dec 4, 2015
Sucks.

Was really happy when the Sharks moved up to take him, I thought he'd be a steal. Kid just can't seem to catch a break.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
He's such a good player, was excellent in Sharks camp this Fall, but just can't catch a break. Wishing him all the best as he recovers.

OSA

Jun 11, 2011
I thought he was excellent in his draft year. Unfortunately history is full of unfortunate stories like these.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
any update here? he's done for the season - but how is he recovering?

how will this injury influence his status as a prospect? will he return?

Injury-plagued junior career. Will be interesting for the Armada as they have both PL Dubois and Jeremy Roy who in all likelyhood would never have come back in 2017-18 but now not so sure. Roy could definitely use a dominant season with a great coach such as Bouchard before turning pro, whereas Dubois will be 19 so its NHL or QMJHL for him. Will he make the Jackets? Dunno. They have a lot of offensive depth and are contenders now.

It could be good for them both if they do come back. Armada will have a decent team without them, but will likely be contender #1 in the Q with both of them if they come back.

I feel like Roy still has potential, but he's got to play a full season and dominate.

monsieurthibz

Oct 8, 2016
Montreal
Injury-plagued junior career. Will be interesting for the Armada as they have both PL Dubois and Jeremy Roy who in all likelyhood would never have come back in 2017-18 but now not so sure. Roy could definitely use a dominant season with a great coach such as Bouchard before turning pro, whereas Dubois will be 19 so its NHL or QMJHL for him. Will he make the Jackets? Dunno. They have a lot of offensive depth and are contenders now.

It could be good for them both if they do come back. Armada will have a decent team without them, but will likely be contender #1 in the Q with both of them if they come back.

I feel like Roy still has potential, but he's got to play a full season and dominate.
I share the exact same opinion about their 17-18 season. I'm really not convinced it'd be a good move on the Sharks behalf to turn him pro already, considering he hasn't play in so long. As for Dubois, Columbus' depth on offense is indeed pretty stacked. They just recalled Bjorkstrand, who will be playing with Saad and Wennberg, and Milano seems to be waiting for one single opportunity to impress the organization for good. Now don't get me wrong, they both don't play center, but with Wennberg, Foligno, Dubinsky, Karlsson, Gagner and Sedlak who can all play Center, Dubois' lack of versatility might hurt him getting a spot on their roster.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Feel bad for this kid, suffering through so many injuries. Such a promising defenseman. Hopefully he can still become an NHLer.

monsieurthibz

Oct 8, 2016
Montreal
If feel like the resilience this kid has will prove him right in the future. Who doesn't love a player in your squad that went through a shitload of barriers, but managed to make it to the big league by working hard and rehabbing the right way? I've always liked him and truly wish him the best.

Reactions: spintheblackcircle

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
I had when people are touted as busts when
a) they are injured once or many times
b) they have a few rocky patches (most do)
c) they are picked in a non top 15 pick. not all picks can be studs, sometimes serviceable NHLers are good picks.

Roy is all of these and I hope he bounces back to prove the haters wrong, I loved his PP QB style and the way he played and commanded the game.

Reactions: monsieurthibz

EdwardTK

Jul 3, 2014
Look's like Roy is finding his game after terrible injuries, 1+2 tonight. Hope this he make his way to the show. Such a talented kid.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Yeah he was awesome vs the Rampage yesterday. Showed off his amazing vision and why he probably should've been a 1st rounder. Hopefully the injury bug keeps away from him

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
I wanted this guy at #16 in his draft. Tough run of injuries but he has a great skill set.

fmrdh

Mar 5, 2013
Does he have a chance of making the roster this year for SJ?

Haven't heard anything about him in a really long time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad