RD David Spacek - Sherbrooke Phoenix, QMJHL (2022, 153rd, MIN)

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
His skating is average, arguably even below average. But his shot is excellent, his hockey IQ is solid both offensively and defensively, and he’s pretty strong for his size, wins physical battles well.

I definitely think he’ll get drafted, I’ll guess 3rd-4th round.
Now describe his dad?lol

I was a huge Spacek fan so hoping more of that is coming our way!

Reactions: ponder

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Holy hell.. Y'all sleeping on Spacek here on the prospects board.

Lost in the covid shuffle.. didn't get drafted.

Minnesota did a phenemenal job taking him with a 5th (and Walstedt). Your scouting deserves an A plus and I'm an Oil fan and can't stand you guys.lol

Seriously though, he led the summer tournament in minutes ahead of Svozil and Jiricek.

He leads this team in minutes too. He does everything right in all situations and will end up being a very reliable pro player IMO. He doesn't have Svozil's offence or Jiricek's first round tools but he's got it all and is beautiful to watch. His best comparable is actually his Dad who was a great pro who was excellent in playoffs and won a best on best gold.

He's the guy that make 'the guy' good! Needed a bump

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
1672337976722.png

Here is the D on his Q club. Just ask 3rd rounder Tyson Hinds if you don't believe me.lol

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I've been watching him pretty closely at the tournament. He and Svozil make a really nice pairing.
He seems to be a "good at everything, great at nothing" type Dman. Hopefully he gets a bit bigger and stronger. Having him and Faber as RHD prospects are nice compliments to the smaller, more offensive Addison, though neither are exactly big, or strong, though those things can change.

Last edited:

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
I've been watching him pretty closely at the tournament. He and Svozil make a really nice pairing.
He seems to be a "good at everything, great at nothing" type Dman. Hopefully he gets a bit bigger and stronger. Having him and Faber as RHD prospects are nice compliments to the smaller, more offensive Addison, though neither are exactly big, or strong, though those things can change.
I disagree very very slightly - while he isn't big, not a puck rusher, or has a great shot, I think he does have one trait that makes him stand out more than his peers - his ability to move the puck quickly and play at a very fast pace. Honestly don't think it'll be out of the cards that he develops a few years into a player that not only compliments Addison but challenges him for that PP QB spot because of how he is able to keep the puck moving and dictate the speed of the game.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I disagree very very slightly - while he isn't big, not a puck rusher, or has a great shot, I think he does have one trait that makes him stand out more than his peers - his ability to move the puck quickly and play at a very fast pace. Honestly don't think it'll be out of the cards that he develops a few years into a player that not only compliments Addison but challenges him for that PP QB spot because of how he is able to keep the puck moving and dictate the speed of the game.
Hmmm...he has nothing like PPQB skill that Addison showed in his WJC year. If you recall, he and Lafreniere were quite the deal on the PP that year.

He is bigger than Addison, and might have a better shot, though i like the speed at which Addison gets his off.

What I'd hope for from Spacek is that he is better defensively than Addison, at the very least.

Last edited:

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Signed his ELC with the Wild today, should be in Iowa next season. I have high hopes for him, really like the way he plays, very pro style with his quick reads and puck movement, anticipates the play very well.

Last 10 games, 13 points and +26, good things seem to happen when he is on the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad