RD David Fischer - UFA (2006, 20th overall, Montreal)

turnbuckle*

It's more stupid than anything.

Can the moderators explain why this joke of a thread hasn't been closed? Is there a hockey discussion going on? I posted last week that I've put someone on my ignore list and the thread gets locked almost instantly - this joker LSD (or whatever he's on) gets as venomous as one can get and this thread joyously continues.

A little consistency from the mods would go a long way towards maintaining some credibility around here.

Complaining Customer

Aug 23, 2005
LWD said:
Yes, I'm done talking about turnbucle, I've made my point. If you really want to know the BS and the lies, the false statements, ask turnbucle himself. That would be the longest post in history. But, that's not likely to happen because turnbucle has a problem telling the truth.

No. Actually you didn't. What was your point again? Was it, like, name-calling someone because he actually contributed an information? You know, when you read a post, any post, you don't have to believe it. It could be false, nobody's forcing anybody to take it for cash.

If turn was half the "idiot" and BS-hiter you make him to be, nobody would read anything from him anymore. Things tend to balance themselves. Now you've exposed your agenda and I think that you lost yourself a good slice of credibility when it comes to actually judging turn's value as a poster.

I too think this thread should be closed...

Fozz

Aug 1, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
All that matters in all of this is that the Habs were impressed enough by Fischer to make him their first round draft choice. Also, a number of articles point out his leadership skills and solid work ethic. I'll take that any day over someone knowing someone that maybe works for someone, somewhere, somehow, and then posts the result of a discussion had over God knows how many beers on a forum like this one.

Sure, those posts are entertaining and all but should really, and always, be taken with a grain of salt.

Astaroth

Apr 22, 2004
Montreal,Qc
turnbuckle said:
It's more stupid than anything.

Can the moderators explain why this joke of a thread hasn't been closed? Is there a hockey discussion going on? I posted last week that I've put someone on my ignore list and the thread gets locked almost instantly - this joker LSD (or whatever he's on) gets as venomous as one can get and this thread joyously continues.

A little consistency from the mods would go a long way towards maintaining some credibility around here.

Seriously, is there a shortage of mods or something?

LWD

Apr 2, 2006
Well, look who's crying for help from the mods, turnbucle the Hockey God himself, like I said before, when you crap all over people they don't have to like it. And turnbucle, this joke of a thread was started by you, next time think before you start spreading your BS!

BigTimer*

Nothing wrong with spreading small BS like turnbuckle did. It's for entertainment purposes only. Now if he spread fake trades and the whatnot, then it's pretty low. I mean, does anybody seriously think that scouts from different organizations in competition talk like that between one another at the combine and in the days prior to the draft? Not a chance. It's all posturing and smoke-screens.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
LeftKinger said:
Man what has happened to this thread. :biglaugh:

LWD is looking for attention, trying to make a name out of himself, will just find out that this is not the best way....

Turnbuckle is totally respected as a poster on the Habs board and we truly believe what he reported. If people don't agree with what the scouts told him, blame the scouts not the poster.

Anyway, this is enough and should be closed.

CoupeStanley

Dec 1, 2003
Nicolet
coupestanley.com
BigTimer said:
Nothing wrong with spreading small BS like turnbuckle did. It's for entertainment purposes only. Now if he spread fake trades and the whatnot, then it's pretty low.

It's okay to talk crap about a human being but it's terrible to spread false trade rumours?

Ever wonder whats wrong with this world. Read this, then read this again.

BigTimer*

CoupeStanley said:
It's okay to talk crap about a human being but it's terrible to spread false trade rumours?

Ever wonder whats wrong with this world. Read this, then read this again.
It's a ****ing message board.

There's nothing more annoying than someone starting a false thread about a done deal. Do you remember the idiot who went through the trouble of making an almost perfect photoshop of rds.ca about a Zednik for Leopold trade 6 months back? Yeah, that's pathetic.

Now if you want to eat up all the crap from the people who have a friend of a friend that knows someone who cleans the pool for an ECHL scout, and actually take what they're saying seriously, well then yes, I can see how my statement might be ridiculous. But the fact of the matter is that David Fischer is not an idiot. And the scouts through the league did not have a laugh on his behalf during draft weekend while having a round of beers. If a team like the Habs (who were looking to trade up or down in the draft order) had a scout which shared the teams concerns on a player to other teams scouts (and was telling them the truth, not just smoke-screening), I'd put a significant amount of money on that scout being out of a job the next morning and probably out of a career.

LWD

Apr 2, 2006
turnbucle,you know how the old saying goes, if you can't take it don't dish it out. I'm out!

Marchy79

Mar 1, 2003
Barrie
Visit site
Yeah, I gotta give turnbuckle some cred... he did post his comments BEFORE the draft, and it WAS in fact mentioned that he was speaking with a bit of an ego prior to the draft, when he was drafted... Not entirely unbelievable. What I do find a bit odd is the complete conflicting reports on Fischer's additudes. Nothing against anybody, but perhaps the scout was the person taking turnbuckle for a ride... Not the other way around, or even perhaps, Fischer interviewed poorly to this particular scout. Either way, I think too much emphasis has been made in regards to the entire situation.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
HABS-65 said:
i got 5 when the habs lose to carolina and I said that thats because they injured Koivu , In fact I was wrong but I was really mad :shakehead
wow that was ruff, i got 7 for saying that a certain mod was a jok after he closed the thread following a post that basically lowered hab fans, i thought it was appropriate to say atleast something about it :dunno:

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Now now now...

Hey LWD why don't you quit ?? It's not like you brought anything constructive on this thread, do you have something personnal against Turnbuckle ??

I personnaly don't know if what he said is true or not, but as of now, I haven't seen him post alot of BS or trash, just like you massively did. So I have no reason not to believe him, as there were alot of nice insides.

I'm sure Turnbuckle was the most surprised guy when Timmins annonced Fischer as our first pick. Hum, perhaps not the most surprised, but then, with what he got from those scouts, perhaps a 'OMG, ***!' expression.

Anyway, let's try to come back on subject, because IMO we shouldn't close the thread, we should ban the troublemaker.

Fischer will be a good one I'm sure, maybe he had some bad interviews, but I'm sure he's not the only one... who knows, mayhaps it's a sign that he's not really 'malleable' (don't know if that's a word), I mean, he has so much character he will say whatever he feels he need too... ESPECIALLY if he's a hard worker and leader as he is...

Now if it was Ron Hainsey, who has close to no work ethic... it would be another thing. I wouldn't mind a D who plays like Wade Redden (dunno why, he reminds me of his style... perhaps I'm wrong) but who speaks like Roenick or Hull... twould be funny :handclap:

TIGER1987

Apr 20, 2006
I found the quote below from the Canadiens Minnesota scout in a local paper from Minnesota. The link to the article is below.
“It was one of the best interviews the Canadiens have ever had,†said Montreal Canadiens local scout Paul Westrum.
LINK

LWD

Apr 2, 2006
Hey, I'm in total agreement to ban the trouble maker. People shouldn't have to read the BS turnbucle spreads on here!

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Thread closed for going off topic, take it to pm. Next time instead of complaing about the mods, use the button at the bottom that says report post and someone will get to.

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
How was he in those games...could he be a real big surprise and make the team as soon as this year?

I don't think there is any possible way he plays in Montreal this year. This kid is coming out of US high school. As good as that hockey is, it's not anywhere near pro hockey. He'll be at least 2 years at Minnesota before he's even close to being ready to play pro.

habs_24x

Sep 12, 2002
montreal
Visit site
I don't think there is any possible way he plays in Montreal this year. This kid is coming out of US high school. As good as that hockey is, it's not anywhere near pro hockey. He'll be at least 2 years at Minnesota before he's even close to being ready to play pro.

i think he meant does fischer have a chance to make the USA squad

Danny30

Jun 6, 2006
he has a better chance of getting pregnant then making the canadiens this year. hes a long shot for the usa team, but i heard he played well at the camp, and should be there next wjc.

Since when has a first round draft pick been a long shot to make a WJC team?:dunno: He will be on the team. USA is not that deep that he would be considered a long shot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad