RD Adam Fox (2016, 66th, CGY; traded to CAR; traded to NYR)

MrGameAndWatch

Jun 23, 2014
16P in 11GP, at 1.45PPG so far Mr Fox.

For comparison, Johnny's was 1.46 during his sophomore year at Boston College.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
I'm Foxxy Hockey and I'm a Whole Lotta Defenseman!

200_s.gif

CRRhockey

Jan 29, 2013
:amazed:

The crazy thing is he set records for the u-18 team for defencemen last year. He was expected to put up big points this year.

Let's keep this real. when Fox was in the NTDP he was never off the ice. That team picks a few kids and gives them ridiculous ice to pad stats. Look at Chad Krys at BU not a ot of points either. Bellows, same.FOx is an undersized defensman who is very smart on the ice. not sure if that is enough.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Let's keep this real. when Fox was in the NTDP he was never off the ice. That team picks a few kids and gives them ridiculous ice to pad stats. Look at Chad Krys at BU not a ot of points either. Bellows, same.FOx is an undersized defensman who is very smart on the ice. not sure if that is enough.

This is a very important point for us stat watchers. I haven't seen Fox play yet either, but given his production it sounds like more of the same.

Magua

Clutchest Genes to Ever Gene
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Let's keep this real. when Fox was in the NTDP he was never off the ice. That team picks a few kids and gives them ridiculous ice to pad stats. Look at Chad Krys at BU not a ot of points either

I didn't view Krys as being anywhere near the prospect as Fox last year. Frankly, I think Krys was all old hype and tools. Your point is fair, as Fox certainly has less players to leapfrog, but fwiw, I think Fox is just a much better player than Krys too.

NTDP

Dec 20, 2010
Cleveland, OH

I think the underlying point here is it's harder to put up big numbers in college hockey compared to playing on a loaded team in the USHL. (As Fox and Krys were). So you have to watch the games and see what he'd doing, not just checking box scores. Hockey East and the ECAC are two of the top 4 conferences in Div.1. I've seen a few Harvard games and when you watch him he does all the little things right and moves laterally in the offensive zone as good as anyone and gets pucks through. Not all about points, but he did have 3 assists this past Friday against a good St. Lawrence team. He and Krys I think are both similar players. I was also in person to watch the game against Canada at the World Junior Summer camp in August and you would think these guys were playing for the gold medal. I remember thinking to myself there's no way this kid doesn't make the team. He was all over the place, in a good way.

perronist

Dec 8, 2008
thanks for the perspectives from everyone who's seen him play and shared. i haven't been this excited about a flames college prospect's draft +1 since gaudreau

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I think the underlying point here is it's harder to put up big numbers in college hockey compared to playing on a loaded team in the USHL. (As Fox and Krys were). So you have to watch the games and see what he'd doing, not just checking box scores. Hockey East and the ECAC are two of the top 4 conferences in Div.1. I've seen a few Harvard games and when you watch him he does all the little things right and moves laterally in the offensive zone as good as anyone and gets pucks through. Not all about points, but he did have 3 assists this past Friday against a good St. Lawrence team. He and Krys I think are both similar players. I was also in person to watch the game against Canada at the World Junior Summer camp in August and you would think these guys were playing for the gold medal. I remember thinking to myself there's no way this kid doesn't make the team. He was all over the place, in a good way.

He was the USAs best player in the summer showcase from what I saw. He just controls the transition game so well. He will be a key player for that team.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Kid's trending to be one of the best young defensemen in years. Huge steal.
He has good numbers but is still undersized. What he's doing is very impressive but I'd slow the hype train down a bit. Ryan Murphy was ricidulous offensively in the OHL and never figured it out as a pro.

"Kid's trending to be one of the best young defensemen in years"? I think you actually might be in the wrong thread, you were probably looking for this one.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2053319

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
He has good numbers but is still undersized. What he's doing is very impressive but I'd slow the hype train down a bit. Jordan Schroeder was ricidulous offensively in the NCAA and never figured it out as a pro.

"Kid's trending to be one of the best young forwards in years"? I think you actually might be in the wrong thread, you were probably looking for this one.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1038411

Replace a few names and this post could've come straight out of a Gaudreau thread in 2011. :P

There's no way he keeps this pace up, absolutely no way. Matt Carle at 1.36 PPG is the best of any defenseman in the NCAA since 2000. Fox is at 1.45, and he's an 18 yo freshman. Werenski had the best freshman PPG since 2000 at 1.00.

If this production continues, the hype train will be running off the tracks by the end of the summer.

robbie111

Nov 10, 2013
Outstanding game today from Fox with 3 assists against Canada in the final World Junior game. Kids going to be a really special defenseman.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Outstanding game today from Fox with 3 assists against Canada in the final World Junior game. Kids going to be a really special defenseman.

I am happy for him, but he was the goat on the first two goals against with a bad read and a panicky clear. Also didn't do much to get his first assist, very pedestrian play.

Next year I expect more from him, his offensive game is very good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->