RD Adam Boqvist - Brynas J20, Superelit (2018, 8th, CHI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Im not a scout or anything but I’ve seen a lot of both. Hughes is much better defensively than Boqvist. Just my 2 cents though but out of all the games I watched+u18, Boqvist’s only advantage on Hughes as of now is his bigger size and shot. Hughes has better creativity, defense, stick work, hell even physicality

I am guessing Boqvist's concussion history doesn't help

Reactions: Lays

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Im not a scout or anything but I’ve seen a lot of both. Hughes is much better defensively than Boqvist. Just my 2 cents though but out of all the games I watched+u18, Boqvist’s only advantage on Hughes as of now is his bigger size and shot. Hughes has better creativity, defense, stick work, hell even physicality
Boqvist is a better stickhandler

Reactions: ProspectsSTC

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Yeah, that's basically what I got from it.

Boqvist's ranking will likely depend where he has Wahlstrom, Hayton, and possibly Kravtsov. Good chance he's below the first two, which would put him at #11 on his list.

He specifically mentioned that scouts thought Boqvist was better/more willing to play defense than Hughes.
Hayton ahead of Boqvist would be a travesty, but I sure hope it happens and Edmonton is smart enough to take him if he drops to 10.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I disagree. Hughes's stick work and skating is phenomenal.

Boqvist has the better shot and almost equally as phenomenal skating as Hughes.
I'm not sure if you two are talking about the same thing, but I assume the poster you're quoting is referring to Boqvist's hands and puck control, which I would agree are absolutely better than Hughes. Boqvist has a filthy set of hands and can use them to walk through players with ease. Hughes imo relies more on his skating to go end to end, an area he has a clear advantage in over Boqvist.

Reactions: Nifty Willy

ProspectsSTC

Jul 12, 2014
Boqvist has much better positioning in the d zone as well

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I look forward to seeing him on the Hawks, just hope it won't be three years from now. Dammit, why am I so impatient!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->