RD Adam Boqvist - Brynas J20, Superelit (2018, 8th, CHI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
Boqvist was fantastic vs canada and scored 2 goals. Then he got injured.

I hope he goes to a canadian team

Johnny McBravo

Hello Connor
May 28, 2010
Canada
If he somehow slips to 10, islander fans should start getting excited. Our media guys have been pumping Ty Smith like crazy recently, while also denouncing Boqvist.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
If he somehow slips to 10, islander fans should start getting excited. Our media guys have been pumping Ty Smith like crazy recently, while also denouncing Boqvist.
I think if he’s there at 10 Edmonton will take him. Fits their needs too perfectly.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Can't really be sleeper if he's going to be a top 5 pick
Not on the Oilers forum.... Some of these guys are firmly on the Ty Smith wagon buying into the Bob Stauffer hype.... eerily similar to the Alex Plante pick. Edmonton Media......:laugh:. I trust in Gretzky doing the right thing.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Bobcast just mentioned some scouts said he is a better defender then Hughes. Not to mention he is 5.11 and a half, i really don’t get the negative vibe behind this guy. Most accurate wrist shot from the point. Kid should be a stud. It’s like the fans here refuse to see the good in him.

Reactions: McFlyingV

ProspectsSTC

Jul 12, 2014
Not on the Oilers forum.... Some of these guys are firmly on the Ty Smith wagon buying into the Bob Stauffer hype.... eerily similar to the Alex Plante pick. Edmonton Media......:laugh:. I trust in Gretzky doing the right thing.
Speaking of Alex Plante, what the hell happened to him in the 07-08 season?

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton

Smith and Plante are not similar in any way whatsoever

To be clear, I am 100% on team Boqvist IF he drops to us.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I love this guy's talent and game. If he is sliding on some lists. Notice Bobby Mac has him at #6. He's a great value pick there. Big Bang for the buck.

Reactions: McFlyingV

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Smith and Plante are not similar in any way whatsoever

To be clear, I am 100% on team Boqvist IF he drops to us.
Oilers taking Smith out to lunch tells me they are basically set on him no matter if Boqvist drops. Dont get your Hope's up.

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
I love this guy's talent and game. If he is sliding on some lists. Notice Bobby Mac has him at #6. He's a great value pick there. Big Bang for the buck.
Where is that from? From his podcast today, he basically alluded to Boqvist being generally last among Dobson, Hughes, and Bouchard (although there were scouts with each of them in their top 5 and I think Boqvist was top 5 in only one scout's list) from the scouts he has spoken to. I'm assuming he'll be somewhere from 9 to 11 on his final list.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Where is that from? From his podcast today, he basically alluded to Boqvist being generally last among Dobson, Hughes, and Bouchard (although there were scouts with each of them in their top 5 and I think Boqvist was top 5 in only one scout's list) from the scouts he has spoken to. I'm assuming he'll be somewhere from 9 to 11 on his final list.

It's from his 2nd to last, his final one will be out in weeks. List. https://www.tsn.ca/the-big-four-solidify-spots-in-tsn-draft-ranking-1.1066345

I didn't listen to his bobcast, if indeed Boqvist is last of the D men you mentioned. It's crazy to me. Boqvist is a unique talent. But it wouldn't be a first NA D men were picked ahead of a Swede, in this case maybe some size bias.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Yeah, the list is out Monday, unless he leaks a few days ahead to incompetence of an intern like last year. Dobson was number 2 among D, seemed it went Hughes, Bouchard and Boqvist.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Isn't he bigger then Hughes?

They are similar sized when I see them play. I don't recall the exact height and weight. But to me they are strikingly similar. If I had to lean one way, I would go Boqvist-Hughes. Both are terrific puck movers and skaters, in today's game this is a must. They will have to find other ways to offset the size, as defenders, this is always a factor one must consider. But there are small D men that are playing in the NHL that have done this so it is less a worry now than previously.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Oilers taking Smith out to lunch tells me they are basically set on him no matter if Boqvist drops. Dont get your Hope's up.

He plays with Yammamoto you know how much the Oilers brass cling to stuff like that. It's been a forgone conclusion to them for a while I'd assume!
Still on team Boqvist

Reactions: me2

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
Yeah, the list is out Monday, unless he leaks a few days ahead to incompetence of an intern like last year. Dobson was number 2 among D, seemed it went Hughes, Bouchard and Boqvist.
Yeah, that's basically what I got from it.

It's from his 2nd to last, his final one will be out in weeks. List. https://www.tsn.ca/the-big-four-solidify-spots-in-tsn-draft-ranking-1.1066345

I didn't listen to his bobcast, if indeed Boqvist is last of the D men you mentioned. It's crazy to me. Boqvist is a unique talent. But it wouldn't be a first NA D men were picked ahead of a Swede, in this case maybe some size bias.
Boqvist's ranking will likely depend where he has Wahlstrom, Hayton, and possibly Kravtsov. Good chance he's below the first two, which would put him at #11 on his list.

He specifically mentioned that scouts thought Boqvist was better/more willing to play defense than Hughes.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Yeah, that's basically what I got from it.

Boqvist's ranking will likely depend where he has Wahlstrom, Hayton, and possibly Kravtsov. Good chance he's below the first two, which would put him at #11 on his list.
That's my guess too. I think teams are skeptical about two concussions in a calendar year, combined with the fact he never excelled past J-20 or age-specific IIHF events. Hughes playing to a passable level overall at the World's is probably a big deal in their eyes, as it removed some fear about his lack of size causing abilities to transfer to the next level is probably a difference. Where Boqvist had issues playing against men this year.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
2-3 years away from the NHL will definitely be a cause for concern for some teams. It shouldn't really be but it will be. Similar to how Russian prospects that are signed in the KHL for a couple years beyond the draft fall because of it.

He's a bit of a risk right now because he is so raw.

But if the kid develops well, whoever takes him will be ecstatic. That's the thing...it's not about who gets to the NHL first, it's about who has the best career overall. If spending a few seasons in Sweden is best for him long-term, then so be it.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Bobcast just mentioned some scouts said he is a better defender then Hughes. Not to mention he is 5.11 and a half, i really don’t get the negative vibe behind this guy. Most accurate wrist shot from the point. Kid should be a stud. It’s like the fans here refuse to see the good in him.
Im not a scout or anything but I’ve seen a lot of both. Hughes is much better defensively than Boqvist. Just my 2 cents though but out of all the games I watched+u18, Boqvist’s only advantage on Hughes as of now is his bigger size and shot. Hughes has better creativity, defense, stick work, hell even physicality

ForestCityHky

Feb 15, 2018
Im not a scout or anything but I’ve seen a lot of both. Hughes is much better defensively than Boqvist. Just my 2 cents though but out of all the games I watched+u18, Boqvist’s only advantage on Hughes as of now is his bigger size and shot. Hughes has better creativity, defense, stick work, hell even physicality

And that bogvist is almost an entire year younger than Hughes

Reactions: gretskidoo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad