Rbk Gear and sizing advice for goalie pads

Status
Not open for further replies.

knittingonskates

Apr 8, 2005
Qld, Australia
hey.

I currently own a pair of 34 " itech 4.8 x factor pads and am looking at getting some new ones.. I've been advised to go down to a 31-2" set as I am only 5 foot tall. The sizing chart on the itech site must be really wrong (trying them on isn't an option here I have to order them from overseas).

I'm looking at the new RBK pads, the senior ones (not the into pros' or senior pros.. dude POA GGAH!) and am wondering what people think about them? I've heard some really positive feedback on them from another goalie who's seen them but was looking for anyone who plays in them or knows someone who plays in them?

My biggest problem currently is that my ones are too bulky and are inhibiting my ability to move well as they are heavy.

These pads will be used for inline, with my normal surface a polished wood basketball court.

Thanks. sasky.

P.s. What's the advice on the blockers and catchers form the same series? big make on the catcher? smaller? Mine's a little to huge.. my hands are rather small.

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
knittingonskates said:
hey.
I've been advised to go down to a 31-2" set as I am only 5 foot tall.

I'm looking at the new RBK pads, the senior ones and am wondering what people think about them? I've heard some really positive feedback on them from another goalie who's seen them but was looking for anyone who plays in them or knows someone who plays in them?

My biggest problem currently is that my ones are too bulky and are inhibiting my ability to move well as they are heavy.

P.s. What's the advice on the blockers and catchers form the same series? big make on the catcher? smaller? Mine's a little to huge.. my hands are rather small.

I bought a pair of 32" pads and they feel good (I was about 5'2 last season). I don't have the senior RBKs, but I have the senior Koho 490, which area about the same, although I have heard the seniors RBK are better. If you find them too bulky you could try 11" wide intermediate pads in the 32" heigth. The RBK catcher is smaller than the Itech 4.8 catcher. If it's just for roller, that would be fine.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I would definitely try it on before I bought them. I tried on a pair of Reebok Seniors a few weeks ago at GoalieMonkey.com's warehouse. The 36" fit me, whereas the 36" Heaton Z's don't fit around my knee correctly.

Each company seems to be slightly different. I bought a pair of 32" Heaton 10's on eBay and discovered that 34" would have been my optimal size.

Edit: Hrm, you're overseas and you're only 16. Hopefully you don't have any growth spurts anytime soon! I'd personally email whatever store you plan on purchasing with your various measurements if you can't find a pair to try on ahead of time.

Last edited:

knittingonskates

Apr 8, 2005
Qld, Australia
Hrm, you're overseas and you're only 16. Hopefully you don't have any growth spurts anytime soon!

I'm downsizing as we got them big enough for me to grow into.. and they were to big and i didn't grow i went straight from 28"s to 34"s.

Yeah.. i don't htink a growth spurts gonna be a problem since i haven't grown in ..... 2 years? any way thanks!!!

mikeyd114

Jul 31, 2005
Toronto
Dynamix said:
Bauer Vapor 2...36", I'm 5'11". :yo:
I think they may be a little big for you....lol....they must make ure ability to move laterally a little more tiring and the extra weight nust be a burden...im 6 4 and wear a 34" Reactor 6....which i got for 400$ by the way brand new :jump:

mikeyd114

Jul 31, 2005
Toronto
Rbk....there ok....i didnt really get a feel for them....idk...for less then a grand go pick up a pair of used reactors....there just as good as the supremes and bauers warranty on them allows you to keep them in really good shape...and the re slae value is astonishing! For the golves Prism...may not have hjeard of them considering their only inclusive to toronto...best feeling gloves i have ever worn...if not try some heaton mitts or vaughn...very nice glovee...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->