Ray Shero the moron

Discussion in 'NHL Draft - Prospects' started by Pax Macioretty, Sep 20, 2006.

1. Pax Macioretty

Pax Macioretty Registered User

Home Page:
    after watching the habs- Bruins pre-season game yesterday i really don't get why he didn't pick Phil Kessel instead of Jordan Stall. Can you guys just imagaine what a Kessel-Crosby or Kessel- Malkin could of done! Why pick Stall when you already have the 2 best center propects over the last 10 years. Stall can't convert as a winger cause he's a 2-way player who likes to comtrol the play in the middle, he doesn't have enough speed to move along the boards and go around, while on the other hand Kessel has already elite skating and finishing touch, to me the choice was obvious. I still can't belive that a Kessel- Crosby duo was even possible on the same team, let alone a GM not picking him for another center!

2. KeepitinPitt

KeepitinPitt Registered User

For what it's worth Staal looked real slick on the wing last night, had a few great scoring chances and created a few as well.

3. Fozz

Fozz Registered User

Home Page:
    That phrase in bold was enough for me to know beyond a shadow of a doubt that you have no idea what the hell you're talking about.

4. Kritty

Kritty Registered User

Home Page:
    Heck, one preseason game, Kessel is god! Give me a break. You clearly don't know enough about the situation and the players involved based on your comments. As one poster already said, Staal looked quite good on the wing. You seem to also overlook the fact that Kessel was considered NHL ready at the draft, hence the reason why he is able to step in right away and contribute. Everyone knew Staal was a good handful of seasons away from being NHL ready. The upside of Staal outweighs that of Kessel, hence the reason why he was drafted first. Kessel has elite skating and finishing touch? So he's going to win the Art Ross then right? Come on now. These comments are just foolish. Inform yourself a little more then come back with something. Oh, and one last thing, as good of a line as Kessle-Crosby-Malkin could be offensively, they would still be a minus line with their defensive play. Time to wake up.

5. Jaded-Fan

Jaded-Fan Registered User

The constant mispelling of Staal's name may have been a clue that he might not be overly familiar with the player as well.

6. Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina Registered User

Hey everybody!!1! It's preseason!!111!1 Jon Sims is the best player in the world!!1!1!111!ROFLRO!1!!PURPLEMONKEYDISHWASHER!11!LOL11

7. "Purple Monkey Dishwasher" is almost as awesome as your username, which is easily the best on HF.

"Purple Monkey Dishwasher!!!" :biglaugh:

8. Habsfan18

Habsfan18 Registered User

Home Page:
    I don't seem to understand that Jan Hrdina crying joke...does he cry alot or something? :dunno: :eek:

9. Heat McManus

Heat McManus Registered User

It's a take on "Don't Cry For Me Argentina". That and Jan Hrdina is a little *****.

Pertaining to the thread topic.

The Penguins seem pretty happy with their pick.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=178150&hubname=nhl

10. SPG

SPG Registered User

Home Page:
  11. 66-30-33

66-30-33 Registered User

Wow, not enough speed you say....ever watch Staal in yesterdays game? or better yet even watch 1 game without saying so and so is better? Shero isn't a moron, either! he's been the best GM in the post season not because he signed UFA superstars because he didn't, but he made smart moves to fill holes and didn't overpay.

12. West

West Registered User

Programmer Analyst
    Home Page:
    Just for the record Staal was picked because his downside was much higher than Kessels downside. His upside isn't close to Kessels.

13. Pax Macioretty

Home Page:
    sorry about that, Habs had a prospect called Kim Stall, i tend to make mistakes because of it.

ya i saw him at last year's memorial cup and i wasn't overly amazed by him either, he was mostly floating and trying to deke at low speed like Kovalev would do, to me it was clear that the guy was a center and nothing else, if he changes, well good and i guess i'l be the idiot

how can anyone bust while playing with either Crosby or Malkin? He's fast, has great hands and finishes well, that won't change. Pittsburgh had enough depth at center as it is to take a risk with such a high rewarding player.

and BTW: i always liked Kessel more then Staal, seeing him yesterday just made me want to discuss about it

#66 Registered User

Home Page:
    I was happy on draft day and I'm banking on still being happy in 3 years. I think that if you ask Hawks and Caps fans they'll tell you the same.

15. Duff88

Duff88 Registered User

Actually, his name is Kim Staal. :D

BTW, in all respect, judging after one pre-season game without having seen the other one play; to call someone an idiot in that situation doesn't exactly make you look brighter. And I'm pretty sure you didn't really see the game and actually only listened to it on the radio didn't you?

16. JorgeRocks!

JorgeRocks! Registered User

I don't see why people dislike Kessel so much. an 11 point world junior is considered a dissapoint nowadays? He should have gone ahead of Staal. I actually thought Staal shouldn't have gone in the top 4 instead of 2nd overall. Kessell should be good for 20 goals and 50 points this year atleast, if he sees time on Boston's 2nd line with Savard and Murray. BTW, These new smilies rock!!!:banana: :banana: :propeller :propeller

17. rikker

rikker Registered User

Home Page:
    i honestly don't think that any fan would be unhappy with either Kessel or Staal.

18. Marc-E-

Marc-E- Registered User

Wait. I think Staal with fit really well with the Pens. I rather have a guy with a goos sense of hockey, 6'4'', 220 lbs. and a good work ethic over a guy who just skates like the wind and having a good shot. With Staal, you have intengibles that you will notice later in his career (like Leadership, competivness, clutch player, etc...)

19. Pax Macioretty

Home Page:
    i was at the bell center

edit: :eek: for real!, i always wrote Kim Stall and no one ever said anything, well that guy i can honestly say i neve saw him once

Last edited: Sep 21, 2006
  20. MentalPowerHouse

MentalPowerHouse Registered User

Yeah and Malkin is an injury prone bust, what a waste of a 2nd pick.

21. Ryan Womeldorf

Ryan Womeldorf Registered User

it will be interesting to see how Kessel does in some ways he has shown he is made for the new NHL style still woner how he will adjust when the teams get a sense for his game and if he can then counter adapt

22. Trottier

Trottier Very Random

Marketing Executive
    Home Page:
    But alas, to at least some on HF a single shift is a career, an eternity by which a player can be judged. ;)

A snap judgement opinion is apparently better than no opinion.

This world has gone mad.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2006
  23. King'sPawn

King'sPawn Enjoy the chaos

I'm going to venture a guess and say that Staal was picked because the Penguins viewed him as the best player available.

But then again, I might be a little crazy.

24. Heat McManus

Heat McManus Registered User

A 12 minute compilation video made from 4 shifts from Kessel's first game should be on YouTube soon. This should prove beyond a doubt that Kessel should have gone before Stallll, Jonsun, Towz, and Bakstrume and indeed should have been allowed to announce his own selection at the podium then shotgun a can of Keystone Light.

25. Hunter Gathers

Hunter Gathers White guilt milquetoast piece of human garbage. Sponsor

Corporate Drone
    Everything else you've said I agree with, more or less, besides this comment -- which is absolutely 100% wrong. There is no player in the entire draft who has more upside than Phil Kessel. Staal is a nice prospect and he's a bit safer than Phil is, but c'mon.

You say he has no idea what you're talking about and then post this.