Ray Ratto - The ones responsible remain unscathed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Insanity

Feb 11, 2005
How can the guy say "Goodenow may have lost some of his hardliners"??

If he didn't lose a good bit of his supportin the union by changing to the cap this late.. Then maybe it had to be the 24% and by looking like a lost little boy in his press conference.

And "Bettman looks like a helpless yutz to the uninitiated"??

I guess that depends on your definition of yutz... If you only look at the negotiations by the simple fact he was the one that had to make the statement "we are cancelling the season", sure... But most of those people don't follow hockey, weren't fans of hockey, and probably wouldn't become fans of hockey in the short term.

I do agree: the fans are both winners and losers in this... They save money, but miss the sport they love.

SENSible1*

chiavsfan said:
JFF is going around trying to find any moron who ripped Bettman and putting the article up. He's just another PA shill who won't look objectively at anything.

Don't get too down on JFF, he just is pissed that the Flyers have lost their spending advantage.

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Thunderstruck said:
Don't get too down on JFF, he just is pissed that the Flyers have lost their spending advantage.

I'm pissed that the NHL isn't playing and that's it. A deal was there to be made, and neither side got it done, and it's disgraceful.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
chiavsfan said:
JFF is going around trying to find any moron who ripped Bettman and putting the article up. He's just another PA shill who won't look objectively at anything.

why don't you look at all the article he's posting. He's posting a good share of pro-owners as well.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
John Flyers Fan said:
I'm pissed that the NHL isn't playing and that's it. A deal was there to be made, and neither side got it done, and it's disgraceful.

And you will lose a big portion of your spending advanatage.

Why else do you go around posting Pro-PA articles like mad.

Its old.

No one cares.

We just want hockey, not propaganda.

DeleteThisAccount

May 3, 2004
And eating brains
www.southcape.org
Could you people be any more inflammatory? Being pro-PA has nothing to do with being a Flyers fan or a Leafs fan or a whatever-top-tier-revenue-team fan. I don't agree with some of what John says, but this has nothing AT ALL to do with his favorite team. Next time don't check your objectivity at the door.

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Enoch said:
And you will lose a big portion of your spending advanatage.

Yes, and during the 70's and 80's the Flyers were horrible without that spending advantage. :shakehead Teams with good ownership and management will continue to thrive under any economic model.

Sotnos

Jul 8, 2002
Not here
www.boltprospects.com
chiavsfan said:
If you don't like it, post something that agrees with your POV or critique the article instead of the poster.

Captain Conservative

Apr 1, 2004
My Blue Heaven
Pavel said:
Glenn Healy = Ray Ratto ???

Ray Ratto is a fantastic writer. He writes about rock and roll, sports, and was friends with a lot of the big names in the 60's like Ken Kesey, Tom Wolfe, etc.

edit-after reading the article, i have to say I disagree with him, but it was an interesting article, nonetheless.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
John Flyers Fan said:
Yes, and during the 70's and 80's the Flyers were horrible without that spending advantage. :shakehead Teams with good ownership and management will continue to thrive under any economic model.

Unquestionably.

No offense JFF - just tired of any of the rhetoric, from either side.

I'll get out of your hair ;).

Drrocket9

Sep 29, 2004
Ray Ratto fantastic?

opinions are like *******s.......some are bigger and stinkier than others

i never read opinion columns, especially from this piyaso

some of my friends use to play floor hockey with him at Oceana High School in Pacifica

anything he write is simply one mans opinion, and not a particularly visionary one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad

-->