Ray Ferarro archived radio - says Players starting to waver about "no-cap" stance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattiboy13

Feb 4, 2005
im listening to ferraro...hes pissed man.

he is seriously convinced that the players have to accept a cap, but that the linkage is a serious problem.

I dont agree with the linkage part either.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Players aren't starting to waver on the cap issue, they always wavered on it, the more time goes by, the more players start to complain...should the season be cancelled, which it won't, the amount of players IMO crossing the picket line will be staggering

Crazy Lunatic

417 TO MTL said:
Players aren't starting to waver on the cap issue, they always wavered on it, the more time goes by, the more players start to complain...should the season be cancelled, which it won't, the amount of players IMO crossing the picket line will be staggering

Serena has a great a$$.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
NewBreed19 said:
Serena has a big ugly ass!! :lol:

Yeah sure...she's built like a real woman, I don't know if it's a black thing, but I love an *** like that...I hate seeing girls without one, it's disgusting...

anyways, back on topic

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
NewBreed19 said:
If you like a big bubble a$$!!! :lol

I guess your one of those guys who think no a** is great, a la Ashlee or Jessica Simpson :shakehead

NewBreed19

417 TO MTL said:
Yeah sure...she's built like a real woman, I don't know if it's a black thing, but I love an *** like that...I hate seeing girls without one, it's disgusting...

anyways, back on topic
Her A$$ is so ugly, I would rather see Shania's a$$ in a picture.!! :bow:

mooseOAK*

It makes sense because a majority of the players aren't going to see much of a negative affect on their current salaries under a cap system, only the small percentage at the higher end.

Wetcoaster

If you listen to Ferraro he states clearly that the players are the only ones who have tried to get a deal done. He was extremely critical of Bettman's tactics. He claims the NHL is going for a home run and not a deal - they are out to break the union.

He stated that although a few players may be wavering many of them are already playing overseas and there is no sign that there is any pressure to bring the owners' prooosals to the table for a general vote.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
NewBreed19 said:
Her A$$ is so ugly, I would rather see Shania's a$$ in a picture.!! :bow:

Your comparing Shania Twain a** to Serena Williams a** :lol enough said...

anyways, back on topic...

My question for the players now is, if accepting a cap isin't such a bad idea now, why wasn't it in August/September? This is why I think the PA has been on a death march since this began

NewBreed19

417 TO MTL said:
Your comparing Shania Twain a** to Serena Williams a** :lol enough said...

anyways, back on topic...

My question for the players now is, if accepting a cap isin't such a bad idea now, why wasn't it in August/September? This is why I think the PA has been on a death march since this began
My point is Serena a$$ is big and bubble like,and Shania's is small but sexy. Enough of this back to hockey!! :lol

wazee

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Mattiboy13 said:
im listening to ferraro...hes pissed man.

he is seriously convinced that the players have to accept a cap, but that the linkage is a serious problem.

I dont agree with the linkage part either.

Hmmmm...another example of how the dialogue has shifted from 'the players will never accept a cap' to 'the players will never accept linkage'...

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
Wetcoaster said:
If you listen to Ferraro he states clearly that the players are the only ones who have tried to get a deal done. He was extremely critical of Bettman's tactics. He claims the NHL is going for a home run and not a deal - they are out to break the union.

He stated that although a few players may be wavering many of them are already playing overseas and there is no sign that there is any pressure to bring the owners' prooosals to the table for a general vote.

The part that I don't understand, it seems like the owners want the players to eat shyte along the way. There last proposal really went out of the way to include some things that were just INSANELY pro-owner (and I'm on the owners side).

Things like:
1) No hold outs. You sign a contract within 2 weeks of camp starting, or you are ineligible to play the entire year. This was always the players only leverage.
2) Adding a fourth year to rookie contracts. This is another HUGE advantage in the owners favor.

I'm not sure if the owners included those so they had something to negotiate away or what, but I would agree that it seems that the owners aren't really negotiating at this point. Instead, they are making demands and putting together an owner "wish list" for a new CBA. (To be fair, one big thing they did include was the profit sharing, which I think that people hear aren't making a big enough deal about).

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
wazee said:
Hmmmm...another example of how the dialogue has shifted from 'the players will never accept a cap' to 'the players will never accept linkage'...

Exactly, how many months has been wasted saying "we will never accept a cap" now it's "we will never accept linkage" :shakehead

This is exactly why I don't have any respect for the PA...

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
Yes, if you look at it from the player point of view

Beukeboom Fan said:
The part that I don't understand, it seems like the owners want the players to eat shyte along the way. There last proposal really went out of the way to include some things that were just INSANELY pro-owner (and I'm on the owners side).

Things like:
1) No hold outs. You sign a contract within 2 weeks of camp starting, or you are ineligible to play the entire year. This was always the players only leverage.
2) Adding a fourth year to rookie contracts. This is another HUGE advantage in the owners favor.

I'm not sure if the owners included those so they had something to negotiate away or what, but I would agree that it seems that the owners aren't really negotiating at this point. Instead, they are making demands and putting together an owner "wish list" for a new CBA. (To be fair, one big thing they did include was the profit sharing, which I think that people hear aren't making a big enough deal about).

The new CBA is gonna be a lot worse then the last CBA.

Thats because the last CBA cost the owners tonnes of losses over the last 10 years.... its called a correction.

If you want a visual, just think of it like a crowbar being used to pry pigs off a trough.

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
AM said:

Thats because the last CBA cost the owners tonnes of losses over the last 10 years.... its called a correction.

If you want a visual, just think of it like a crowbar being used to pry pigs off a trough.

I understand and agree with you 100%. It just seems like the owners are going out of there way to make the players eat a big shyte sandwhich. That might be personally gratifying to a group that has lost a ton of money over the last 10 years, but it's definetely not the best way to try and get a new agreement in place.

IMO, by putting some of the extra "demands" in their CBA proposal, the owners gave the players an "out" in not agreeing or forcing a vote among the players.

One thing that people should understand though - when the last CBA was agreed to, it was seen as a HUGE win for the owners. It just didn't turn out that way because the owners couldn't control themselves.

CGG

Jan 6, 2005
AM said:

If they get their linkage they have cost certainty. Why bother with all the other crap? If salaries go up because there's only 3 years on entry level contracts, fine, but if it passes the magic 55% number, the owners get the money back. So why try for all the other crap too? Just to piss off the players, imo.

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
gc2005 said:
If they get their linkage they have cost certainty. Why bother with all the other crap? If salaries go up because there's only 3 years on entry level contracts, fine, but if it passes the magic 55% number, the owners get the money back. So why try for all the other crap too? Just to piss off the players, imo.

Exactly! All the extra "crap" they threw in their proposal gave the PA an easy out on why they shouldn't vote on it.

CGG

Jan 6, 2005
Beukeboom Fan said:
Exactly! All the extra "crap" they threw in their proposal gave the PA an easy out on why they shouldn't vote on it.

Kind of makes you think the owners don't want to reach an agreement.

babybruin

Oct 28, 2003
vancouver
Beukeboom Fan said:

I agree with those provisions being pro-owner. I think that stuff was sacrificial tho. It was there to be negotiated out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->