Raw/SD/NXT/PPV Spoilers - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Any need on where they go now that reigns has lost again?

Reigns will go over at MITB. Though there were reports that WWE execs are now not sure there will ever be a good time to put Roman over. So either they just gotta do it, or maybe we see whoever wins the MITB cash in on Lesnar (have him barely beat Roman, and then Lashley attach him to set up match at SS, and then have whoever (Rollins or Balor) cash in

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
PWI is saying Keith Lee has now signed to NXT, and will be reporting 'soon' once his indy dates are done.

So we have our hottest free agent for Money in the Bank or Summerslam^^.

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
PWI is saying Keith Lee has now signed to NXT, and will be reporting 'soon' once his indy dates are done.

So we have our hottest free agent for Money in the Bank or Summerslam^^.

Good god I hope they let him do the things he's known for on the indies instead of booking him as a slow lumbering super heavyweight. I've seen this guy pull off moonsaults and Canadian destroyers on other huge dudes like war machine.

Reactions: TD Charlie

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Good god I hope they let him do the things he's known for on the indies instead of booking him as a slow lumbering super heavyweight. I've seen this guy pull off moonsaults and Canadian destroyers on other huge dudes like war machine.
Won't matter, he won't be allowed to do it on the main roster. No way Vince is letting big guys like him get away with moonsaults.

Reactions: TD Charlie

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
NXT spoilers going on.

Undisputed Era actually did the job to Pete Dunne, Oney Lorcan, and Danny Burch.

TM61 are basically heels now, they cheated for another win. Probably the right thing for them.

Velveteen Dream and Ricochet had their match blown up by Lars Sullivan and are now teaming up against Lars in a handicap match.

Angle done with Gargano returning and Candice getting hurt (kayfabe).

Lacey Evans over Kairi Sane

Vanessa Bourne, who isn't good, finally gets a win and lo and behold it's Nixon Newell who does the job

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
NXT Takeover Chicago
Gargano vs. Ciampa - Street Fight
Lars Sullivan vs. Aleister Black - NXT Championship...Woof
Nikki Cross vs. Shayna Baszler - NXT Women's Championship (not official but clearly the plan)

More tapings tomorrow I think. Shayna and Dakota did a match for the title, in what was the main event of the show, which is something.

Dakota Kai is over to the Full Sail crowd but needs more to her character before being on a Takeover card. Maybe in Brooklyn.

Last edited:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Wanted something bigger then a street fight stip, but it will still be awesome.

Sullivan/Black...meh, but this is NxT so watch them pull a 4 Star classic out of their ass.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
FWIW, Sullivan was supposed to fight Almas for it in New Orleans. I never heard for sure what happened because he was off TV, I know a theory on wellness suspension was floating around, but since it's NXT they don't have to disclose that was my understanding. He probably would've beaten Almas. Don't know if that's the same with Black, it shouldn't be imo. Don't know if they can headline house shows with him. And quote frankly, the NA title holder shouldn't be the stronger guy.

It will still be great, but I think they should do Last Man Standing if they're doing another weapons match. Street Fight is essentially what the first match was.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
They absolutely can because Johnny and Ciampa are just that good, and they are telling an amazing story.

These guys are weaving gold right now.

Edit: they also need to put a belt on Dream.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
No way Sullivan beats Black. The Black hype train isn't anywhere near done it's journey.

Plus. I'm predicting NXT blows my mind with their storytelling and eventually has Dream beat Black for the title.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
FWIW, Sullivan was supposed to fight Almas for it in New Orleans. I never heard for sure what happened because he was off TV, I know a theory on wellness suspension was floating around, but since it's NXT they don't have to disclose that was my understanding.
Sullivan wasn't suspended, he was out due his knee problem and also some acromegaly related stuff. Meltzer mentioned it on his show at some point after he eventually returned from being vanished.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
There were more tapings last night. Did they go past the Chicago Takeover? There was no Shayna Baszler or Nikki Cross.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
There were more tapings last night. Did they go past the Chicago Takeover? There was no Shayna Baszler or Nikki Cross.
Last night took them all the way to Takeover, which is in five episodes time. So they've got all the matches they're going to use, so the rest will be backstage stuffs (if any). I've not looked at the spoilers to know exactly what is going on yet.

The next taping date is 21st June, which is the thursday after the Takeover, which will start the next round of episodes.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Last night took them all the way to Takeover, which is in five episodes time. So they've got all the matches they're going to use, so the rest will be backstage stuffs (if any). I've not looked at the spoilers to know exactly what is going on yet.

The next taping date is 21st June, which is the thursday after the Takeover, which will start the next round of episodes.

Is there no episode the Wednesday after takeover?

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Is there no episode the Wednesday after takeover?
There is, it's just taped at Takeover.

They always tape a couple of 'dark' matches before Takeover and use them, along with interviews and recap segments, to put together the show for the first Wednesday as they can't tape earlier due to production guys being at Raw and Smackdown.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Apparently Owens vs Rollins for RAW went a bit over 20 minutes and was "amazing" and "tore the roof of the place, and the crowd was hot throughout".

The show opens with Reigns wanting to face Jinder, Angle putting Jinder in a qualifying match for MITB against Elias and Lashley, and then Reigns going backstage and brawling back to the ring with Jinder.

Bobby Roode beat No Way Jose and Baron Corbin to qualify for MITB

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
So Owens is Steph’s choice again (based off her personally telling Kurt to put him in, apparently)?

Wonder if it leads to Owens winning MITB and Zayn turning on him out of jealousy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->