WWE: Raw/SD/NXT/PPV Spoiler Thread part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I think it depends who the champion is when she comes in. Alexa could withstand dropping the title to her on her first night. I think it hurts Sasha or Nia. Sasha vs. Asuka should be a Royal Rumble or Wrestlemania match.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Let her squash talent for a few months. Let girls look afraid to come down to the ring (Braun style). Let her beat up 2 girls at the same time. Let the crowd see her strikes.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
She doesn't need to win the belt immediately. It worked for Paige because AJ was champion and had been forever.

This scenario is almost backwards. Keep Asuka away from the belt for a little while.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
A few months is a long time for a wrestler people actually want to see. This is different than Nia Jax who needed that work. It does fluff up that undefeated record though.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Squashing enhancement talent does literally nothing for somebody in 2017. The crowd knows what's happening and knows it means literally knowing. It just creates 'lets go jobber' chants..which..while hilarious don't do anything in terms of helping put over talent.

It SEMI worked with Braun because he kept demanding more and more and more...but with Nia? Stupid and pointless.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Squashing enhancement talent does literally nothing for somebody in 2017. The crowd knows what's happening and knows it means literally knowing. It just creates 'lets go jobber' chants..which..while hilarious don't do anything in terms of helping put over talent.

It SEMI worked with Braun because he kept demanding more and more and more...but with Nia? Stupid and pointless.
The point of a squash match is to highlight something, and that does something for the wrestler for sure. There are levels of failure attached, but it's very trivial to get use of out of them. And that's ignoring the fact that it's fun seeing jobbers getting killed.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Also Nia isn't very good. No one wants to watch her squash people.

Braun is so over the top it was fun. Asuka murdering and screaming in Japanese can be fun.

Didn't they do that with her when she first got to NxT?

I still think Becky or Bayley should be the Asuka slayer, but I don't think Sasha would be a bad choice either. I really want to see that match.

Edit: the one thing though is you have to play up her undefeated streak. It is a money part of her character so I don't think you let ge kill jobbers for too long.

Last edited:

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Becky Lynch is the obvious name as the one to eventually beat Asuka. If you wanted a clean win, that would be the way I'd go. Becky loses until she finally overcomes Asuka.

The other direction you could go (and I'd lean against it) is having someone like Alexa cheat her out of it and you get the huge heel heat to go along with that.

The last time they had a streak like this going was probably Ryback heading in to Hell in a Cell against Punk. While Ryback isn't even in the same league of worker that Asuka is, that booking decision definitely didn't help him either and probably quickened his fall.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Becky Lynch is the obvious name as the one to eventually beat Asuka. If you wanted a clean win, that would be the way I'd go. Becky loses until she finally overcomes Asuka.

The other direction you could go (and I'd lean against it) is having someone like Alexa cheat her out of it and you get the huge heel heat to go along with that.

The last time they had a streak like this going was probably Ryback heading in to Hell in a Cell against Punk. While Ryback isn't even in the same league of worker that Asuka is, that booking decision definitely didn't help him either and probably quickened his fall.
The Ryback bit wasn't really planned. They were forced into doing it due to injuries, and Ryback was the one who lost out in the re-booking. So it's not like they wanted to mess him up.

But if Vince gets it in his mind to make Asuka a monster, then I've got 100% faith in him. He's consistently great at it. It's just a case of getting him to want to do that.

That being said, I want a Sasha vs Asuka match that is a real match. So I'm perfectly fine with her not being booked unstoppably powerful.

4thdoctor

Jan 28, 2014
She's not good on the mic. It's not one of her strengths unless she's allowed to rant in Japanese.

So as a weakness I'm sure they'll force her to cut a long promo at the start which will induce the what chants and Vince will get mad and go to plan B because he no longer has any foresight.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
But if there are so many segments and so much television for her on Raw or Smackdown, she will eventually need a talker to keep her going. Eventually.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Maybe she can be the 1st Paul Heyman girl. Might actually work.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Heyman is only a package deal with Lesnar. The Paul Heyman Guys never took off.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
She doesn't need to speak English. Her aura is in her speaking Japanese and then beating the **** out of whoever stands across her.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Same. I only ever need a few of her bad English lines where she mocks her opponent, tell them they talk too much, or screams about how no one is ready.

Also that line about how the Sun outshines the Moon was a pretty awesome one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad