Rating Challenges - The details and the deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Gentlemen,

Here are the details on submitting your rating challenges. This year, GMs will be able to challenge a maximum of 7 individual player ratings for a maximum of 4 players. OV may not be challenged.

For those of you that haven't been through this process before, challenges should be submitted in the following format: player name, rating that you're challenging (IT,EN,etc.), current rating, suggested rating, argument for rating increase. Individual coach ratings may also be challenged,
at the expense of TWO player rating challenges.

Please note, the better, more researched your argument is, the more likely your challenge will be successful. Quantify your argument wherever and whenever possible. If the only argument you provide is "My player's better than this player, so he should be rated higher", we GUARANTEE your challenge will fail and be discarded.

All Eastern Conference teams should submit their challenges to Reginald ([email protected]), and all Western teams should submit their offers to Rob Krueger ([email protected]). Due date is midnight EST on Friday, December 3rd. Please submit your challenges with the subject line "HFNHL Rating Challenges: Your Team's Name".

Of additional note, where possible, these lists will be processed on a first-come, first-serve basis...so please, get your lists in as early as you can. Please be aware that the ratings are now updated and can be found at www.hfnhl.com/hfnhlRosters.html

Finally, some hockey!

Tampa GM

Mar 1, 2002
Visit site
"Here are the details on submitting your rating challenges. This year, GMs will be able to challenge a maximum of 7 individual player ratings for a maximum of 4 players. OV may not be challenged."

Whats the point with a challenge if you can change the OV?? Can we challenge seven or four players?

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Tampa GM said:
Whats the point with a challenge if you can change the OV?? Can we challenge seven or four players?

The OV is a rating generated from the individual ratings, so it may go up when individual ratings do, but is not a rating you can challenge on it's own. We don't control it - the sim does. Think of it as an average of all the individual ratings (although it is not an average as certain individual ratings have a larger bearing on the OV).

And you can only challenge ratings on four different players, with a maximum of seven individual challenges (so if you do seven, a few of the challenges would have to be on the same player).

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
I have been using the old file (without OV on Yahoo) in determining my challenges. Today I looked at you new link (Nov 23) and found some differences. For example, Cooke "IT" rating on the Yahoo file was 76 and on the Nov 23 file is 93. Another example is Tkachuk, his DF rating on the Yahoo file was 67 and on the new file its 74.

Is the Nov 23 the right numbers to be challenging. If so then I need to start my challenge review all over again.

Please let me know.

Thanks

Barry Corras
AGM NYI

HFNHL Red Wings

islanders said:
I have been using the old file (without OV on Yahoo) in determining my challenges. Today I looked at you new link (Nov 23) and found some differences. For example, Cooke "IT" rating on the Yahoo file was 76 and on the Nov 23 file is 93. Another example is Tkachuk, his DF rating on the Yahoo file was 67 and on the new file its 74.

Is the Nov 23 the right numbers to be challenging. If so then I need to start my challenge review all over again.

Please let me know.

Thanks

Barry Corras
AGM NYI

Well when you are keying ratings for 1200+ players there is bound to be a missed rating or two. I know that all too well.
The Excel file is indeed correct so please send a polite e-mail to Dion and I'm sure he will correct it when time allows.

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
Thanks, as per Drew's note, I sent the challenge (to [email protected])using the Excell file (without OV rating). Hopefully it got there ok. If it didn't get to you, please let me know.

Thanks

Barry Corras
NYI AGM

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
Challenges

Because today is the last day for challenges. To ensure you received our challenges, can you please let us know which teams you have received challenges from. I sent NYI a few days ago, and I want to make sure you got it.

Thanks

Barry Corras
AGM NYI

Vaive-Alive

Mar 3, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
Challenges

islanders said:
Because today is the last day for challenges. To ensure you received our challenges, can you please let us know which teams you have received challenges from. I sent NYI a few days ago, and I want to make sure you got it.

Barry,

Reggie is out of town at the moment, however if you sent it to his correct email address, I am sure it landed in his inbox.

For the rest of the GM's:

Eastern Conference GM's should send challenges to: [email protected] .

Western Conference GM's should send challenges to: [email protected] .

You have until 11:59:59 pm tonight ( Friday Dec. 3rd ). Challenges are optional, so we aren't going to hunt you down to do them.

rockit,

Kruegs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad