GDT: Ratelle Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Unfortunately, I'll miss the game because of Black Panther and Mexican food induced coma.

I hope we win this one, but Detroit picks up a point in OT.

Reactions: Ori

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I hope Jean has a great night, I've been looking forward to this one all season.
Me too, never thought we would be in this situation though (albeit a must thing).
What a great night it's going to be, and the best part (aside from Jean's long overdue raising) is hopefully we will get to see some of my original faves growing up. "Sarge and Walter, Billy Eddie and Gilles......wondering about Brad, as I think he may still be pissed, bug that isn't Jean's fault. Great night in an otherwise crazy season.

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
I'm going. This was the only game I wanted to go to at the Garden this year. In September I couldn't get a ticket. Yesterday I bought a ticker for face on Ticket Master. These celebrations are very enjoyable. I am happy I will be part of this one. I was lucky enough to be part of the more recent ones. The Garden does these events right.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
Loving this lineup. That's not a complaint, I recognize the gravity of our situation.

I'm just marveling at these names.

ClutchTom

May 25, 2004
currently Kraków, Poland
I just don't get it. At C last game, Lettieri looked marginally better than he has recently (still not great and I personally doubt he's an NHLer). Ryan Spooner is on pace for 53 points playing as a winger and is the type of player that has to play with talented and intelligent offensive players. So what is the first thing AV does? Stick him at C on the fourth line with the anchor known as McLeod, the new Glass. Baffling.

It's even more perplexing if we're thinking of moving him on before the TDL. Why wouldn't you showcase him with offensive players then?

I just hope he's moved up to top 6 winger at some point in this game, sooner rather than later. Do we really need to see Vesey in the top 6 at this point?

You know, full disclosure, I was conflicted about whether I even wanted to openly bitch about the above, considering the fact that we should actively prioritize losing. Within that context, these might be the best lineup decisions.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
My friend got me into a fancy ass box or something for free.

It'll be the first time I've watched the Rangers since January 9th.

Reactions: YandleBar

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Ironic that Ratelle gets his # finally raised to the rafters probably 20 years later than it ever should have been and who was traded to Bruins after that early to mid 70's Rangers teams failed to win the Cup as Rangers back than attempted a rebuild.

And now these great Ranger teams the past 5-7 years that weren't able to win a Cup either is now getting disbanded justifiably so after GMJG took one last kick at the can heading into this season.

But this is Ratelle's night. Very much looking forward to it. As one of the few in here old enough to have watched him play, he was such a treat to watch. He made those great early to mid 70s teams and I'll go to my grave saying that had he not broke his ankle the year he scored 109 pts in just 63 games which was the year Rangers lost to the Bruins in the Cup final, I'll go to the grave knowing Rangers would have won that series. That team was loaded and Ratelle was the catalyst. Looking fwd to tonight.

Oh and how y'all doing my fellow Rangers brothers. Have been MIA for a bit due to health and work reasons. But I should be around more now....cheers fellas

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Good to seee Alain as braindead as ever

What do you expect him to do? Team is in tank mode for most part.

What really are his options other than to put a lineup like this on the ice.

Doesn't bother me at all. Once Gorton said it was full on to the rebuild, you might as well go full throttle and play kids.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
What do you expect him to do? Team is in tank mode for most part.

What really are his options other than to put a lineup like this on the ice.

Doesn't bother me at all. Once Gorton said it was full on to the rebuild, you might as well go full throttle and play kids.
Spooner should be playing higher imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad