Rated prospects, 8th tier: the 8C's

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyRyall

Nov 2, 2004
... this is it, I'm done after this, and sorry for taking up so much board space with these "tier" things ... i'm just curious to hear what people have to say ...

So, here's the 8C's ... the "also rans," as it were (since the 9A's-8B's make up 49 prospects) ... and there's 16 of them (8 F, 2 D, 6 G):

Radulov
Shkotov
Svatos
Boyle
Michalek
Suglobov
Olesz
Stewart

Babchuk
Thelen

Crawford
Dubnyk
Drouin-Deslauriers
Miller
Ahonen
Montoya

How many of these guys deserve a spot in the top 50? How many of them don't belong on this list? And who else doesn't even make the also rans (i.e., the 7.5's...)?

sunb

Jun 27, 2004
Yale University
gonzopher said:
... this is it, I'm done after this, and sorry for taking up so much board space with these "tier" things ... i'm just curious to hear what people have to say ...

So, here's the 8C's ... the "also rans," as it were (since the 9A's-8B's make up 49 prospects) ... and there's 16 of them (8 F, 2 D, 6 G):

Radulov
Shkotov
Svatos
Boyle
Michalek
Suglobov
Olesz
Stewart

Babchuk
Thelen

Crawford
Dubnyk
Drouin-Deslauriers
Miller
Ahonen
Montoya

How many of these guys deserve a spot in the top 50? How many of them don't belong on this list? And who else doesn't even make the also rans (i.e., the 7.5's...)?

How many of these guys deserve a spot in the top 50?

Michalek and Olesz imo.

Miller and Montoya are both "maybe"s.

Rich09

Oct 22, 2004
Svatos shows us what he is able to do last season in NHL playoffs. I think that he deserve a better ranking.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
SportBoy said:
Svatos shows us what he is able to do last season in NHL playoffs. I think that he deserve a better ranking.
Or over a full year this season. He was brutal.

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
jtuzzi21 said:

1. Rostislav Olesz
2. Milan Michalek
3. Marek Svatos
4. Ryan Miller
5. Alexander Radulov
6. Anthony Stewart
7. Alvaro Montoya
8. Alexsander Suglobov
9. Alexei Shktov
10. Corey Crawford
11. Anton Babchuk
12. Jeff Drouin-Deslauriers
13. AJ Thelen
14. Brian Boyle
15. Ari Ahonen

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
jtuzzi21 said:

I, too, am confused about the gushing over Svatos. He had a pretty solid playoffs, but he's looked less than spectacular in both his AHL stints. I realize NHL success is the most important aspect, but he had 1 secondary assist in game 1 of the Dallas series on a Forsberg goal (Blake got the primary). He got another secondary assist on a PP goal by Kono (Blake got the primary) in game 2, an OT goal in game 4, then he had three primary assists on goals by Kono (PP), Hejduk, and Forsberg in the clinching game 5. Just looking at the stats, he went as the team went. He looked good when the whole team looked good and looked bad when they looked bad. Of course, you would expect that from most any player. He then went scoreless in the SJ series and I didn't think looked overly great, though he did look better than many other Colorado forwards.

I think he benefits from the fact that no one knew who he was, at least outside of Denver, and when he did anything remotely special, it was a shock big enough to carry his stature to a new level that I don't think his play deserves. I think that combined with the fact that Colorado has a rep for late round gems and you have Svatos, a player put in a wonderful situation to succeed, getting hype above and beyond his game or his results warrant. I didnt catch every Avs playoff game against Dallas, but I did against SJ and he just wasn't that good. He generated a few good scoring chances, but was never a huge threat. He was a solid player for them and as a 21 year old, that's great. But he's living off that seven game stretch that saw him score 3 goals and 5 assists. In his other 8 games, he's been held pointless and largely ineffective, and in his two AHL seasons, he's been lackluster at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad