Karamazov

Mar 6, 2002
Edmonton
Visit site
Jack Johnson
Phil Kessel
Nik Backstrom (pick em on 2-3)
Anze Kopitar

I feel the top three are significantly better than Kopitar in my humble opinion...

Martyros

Allow me to retort
Aug 13, 2005
Holly Hood
not to say that your rankings are off but have you guys ever seen kopitar play? i mean the guy is the first slovenian to have that much potential and imo, he is nhl ready with that large frame of his and has good vision with alot of shooting quickness. i've always thought that kopitar is better than kessel, i can't say anything about backstrom because i haven't seen him play so far, but im looking forward to the 07-08 season for the caps. just becuase people say kopitar is a playmaker, doesn't mean he's not known as a scorer.

HFNHL Canadiens

Aug 12, 2004
Guelph
well, since all 4 of these prospects are the same age, if you go by birth year (all 87's). I'd prolly rank them

Johnson
Kopitar
Kessel
Backstrom

Ryan Womeldorf

Sep 5, 2006
johnson
kessel
kopitar
backstrom

I think will depend on where kessel and kopitar play this year and the experience they try to get as they target the next level

well, since all 4 of these prospects are the same age, if you go by birth year (all 87's). I'd prolly rank them

Johnson
Kopitar
Kessel
Backstrom

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004
johnson
kessel
kopitar
backstrom

I think will depend on where kessel and kopitar play this year and the experience they try to get as they target the next level

Experience wise Id say Kopitar has a leg up professionally on these guys. Playing 2 yrs in SEL. Top 10 in scoring at World Championships. Its amazing to me how some people underrate him so badly. Out of this group to me Only Johnson has higher upside.

kappa44

Jul 26, 2006
Hard to do this considering theres 3 top offensive forwards and then a defensemen,
so without Johnson I'd go with:

Kopitar(An unreal sense of offensive ability, so good that even if he plays alone he'll reach 70 points, LA got away with a huge STEAL)
Backstrom(Playing with Ovechkin will just make him scary, Zubrus got 50 pts imagine Backstrom)
Kessel(Kessel will have to build himself up because I doubt he will ever play with Bergeron)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad