Rate The NHL On VERSUS: Year 2

Stevedude530

Dec 21, 2005
Versus "NHL Game of the Week" Schedule

These are the "Exclusive Games" These games have an exclusive time window where any game that starts within two hours of it will not be televised.

October 4
7:00 PM Buffalo vs. Carolina
10:00 PM Dallas vs. Colorado

October 10
7:00 PM Philadelphia vs. NY Rangers

October 17
7:00 PM Philadelphia vs. Buffalo

October 24
7:00 PM New Jersey vs. Pittsburgh

October 31
7:30 PM San Jose vs. Florida

November 7
7:00 PM Carolina vs. New Jersey

November 14
7:00 PM New Jersey vs. NY Rangers

November 21
7:00 PM Carolina vs. NY Rangers

November 27
7:00 PM Dallas vs. Detroit
10:00 PM New Jersey vs. Los Angeles

December 4
7:00 PM Boston vs. Montreal

December 11
7:00 PM Pittsburgh vs. Washington

December 18
7:00 PM Detroit vs. Columbus

January 1
7:00 PM Boston vs. Toronto

January 15
7:00 PM Montreal vs. Detroit
10:00 PM Colorado vs. San Jose

January 23
8:00 PM NHL YoungStars Game/NHL Skills Competition

January 24
8:00 PM The NHL All-Star Game

January 29
7:00 PM NY Rangers vs. Boston

February 5
7:00 PM Detroit vs. NY Rangers

February 12
7:00 PM Detroit vs. Philadelphia

February 19
7:00 PM Boston vs. Philadelphia

February 26
7:00 PM Atlanta vs. Boston
10:00 PM Anaheim vs. San Jose

March 5
7:00 PM NY Islanders vs. NY Rangers

March 12
7:00 PM Washington vs. Atlanta

March 19
7:00 PM Pittsburgh vs. NY Rangers

March 26
7:00 PM Anaheim vs. Detroit

April 2
8:00 PM St. Louis vs. Dallas

Mike "Doc" Emrick will call the Game of the Week with an analyst TBD.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
How about much eastern teams and Philly and Pittsburgh too- not real balanced in my view.

Well remember the Game of the Week slot is 7 est. I doubt many western teams want to play 4 in the afternoon on a weeknight.

Stevedude530

Dec 21, 2005
VERSUS' NHL Programming in October

VERSUS begins showing hockey again in October, and thank God.

On October 2 at 7PM, Lord Stanley's Summer (1 Hour) premieres. From the description, it looks to be your basic cameras follow the Canes around as they take the Cup various places.

October 3rd, VERSUS premieres 2 new hockey-themed programs. One is Behind the Glass (10/3, 7PM, 1 Hour), which is without description at this point. The other is an episode of VERSUS' new profile series "Soul of a Champion" (10/3, 10PM, 30 Minutes. In this episode, commentators from publications like USA Today examine Devils' goaltender Martin Brodeur. Others being featured in this series include Floyd Mayweather, Mariano Rivera, Gary Gait and Justin McBride.

October 4th, VERSUS puts 'em all together. At 4PM, the "Soul" episode reairs, followed by Behind the Glass (4:30) and Lord Staney's Summer (5:30.

Then, at 6:30 PM, Bill Clement and the gang return for the 2nd season of the NHL Pregame Show. At 7PM, the S(lug)abres rematch with the Hurricanes, with the voice of NHL hockey, Mike "Doc" Emrick calling the action with NHL Veteran Ed Olczyk. In between, the studio show will update and likely cut-in on the action going on in Toronto. Then at 10PM, the Avs host the Stars in a Conf. Qtrfinal rematch, as (tentatively) Carolina Hurricanes' Play-by-Play man John Forslund will have the call with Daryl Reaugh. At 12:30 PM, the Post Game Show returns for a 2nd year as Clement and Co. wrap-up the entire night's action.

More will be added when known about.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
The other is an episode of VERSUS' new profile series "Soul of a Champion" (10/3, 10PM, 30 Minutes. In this episode, commentators from publications like USA Today examine Devils' goaltender Martin Brodeur. Others being featured in this series include Floyd Mayweather, Mariano Rivera, Gary Gait and Justin McBride.

Hmmmm, I'm noticing a pattern in the people they are profiling.
Martin Brodeur- Plays hockey which airs on Versus
Floyd Mayweather- A Boxer a sport which Versus airs.
Gary Gait- Lacrosse player a sport which Versus will air.
Justin McBride- Bull Rider which just so happens to air on Versus.

Now the other one is Mariano Rivera who obviously plays for the Yankees. Considering all the other people they mentioned are involved in stuff that airs on Versus, Is this a clue that Versus will be getting the other LCS baseball package?

Stevedude530

Dec 21, 2005
VERSUS adds 5 to it's hockey team

Here's who's back for year two:

-Mike "Doc" Emrick, Lead Play-By-Play Man
-Bill Clement, Studio Host
-Keith Jones
-Brian Engblom
-Al Trautwig
-Joe Beninati
-Eddie Olczyk
-Andy Brickley
-Jack Edwards
-Darren Eliot
-Bob Harwood
-Chris Simpson
-Billy Jaffe
-Dave Strader (On a More Full Time Basis)

New to VERSUS:

-Daryl Reaugh
-Rick Peckham
-John Ahlers
-John Forslund
-John Vanbeisbrouck

Not Returning:
-Sam Rosen
-John Davidson
-Pierre McGuire

Last edited:

sammyp

Dec 2, 2005
Laguna Niguel, CA
Here's who's back for year two:

-Mike "Doc" Emrick, Lead Play-By-Play Man
-Bill Clement, Studio Host
-Keith Jones
-Brian Engblom
-Al Trautwig
-Joe Beninati
-Eddie Olczyk
-Andy Brickley
-Jack Edwards
-Darren Eliot
-Bob Harwood
-Chris Simpson
-Billy Jaffe
-Dave Strader (On a More Full Time Basis)

New to VERSUS:

-Daryl Reaugh
-Rick Peckham
-John Ahlers
-John Forslund
-John Vanbeisbrouck

Not Returning:
-Sam Rosen
-John Davidson
-Pierre McGuire

YES! No more Pierre McGuire -- that guy is clueless when it comes to commentating.

John Ahlers is a bit of a surprise. Not a bad announcer, just a bit of a homer (for the Ducks).

Stevedude530

Dec 21, 2005
Here's the description for the kinda-cool sounding "Behind the Glass":

Ever wonder what it would be like to have a rinkside seat for Game Seven of the Stanley Cup Finals? Well now you have it. NHL Productions cameras bring you all the intensity, up close and personal as the Edmonton Oilers and Carolina Hurricanes clash for hockey's ultimate prize in game seven of the 2006 Stanley Cup Finals. On the Glass highlights game seven from a totally different perspective than you saw it on June 19th, 2006....ice level. All the action, all the excitement, and all of Carolina's celebration shown to you from the best seat in the house... On the Glass .

Stevedude530

Dec 21, 2005
Because those are the supposed three big markets in the west.

Considering LA's Stanley Cup Finals ratings were lower than I Love Lucy repeats, I kinda agree.

rwilson99

No disrespect intended here but why does the US national coverage of Western Conference teams almost always involve either DAL, DET or COL or a combination thereof???

Only Non-Canadian Western teams to win the Cup in 46 years probably has something to do with it...

However, using that logic, it's anyone's guess regarding why the Leafs are on HNIC nearly every Saturday.

skeena1

May 15, 2006
First Nickname For "VERSUS"

Too easy - "VSPN". You heard it here first.

Stevedude530

Dec 21, 2005
New VS. Website

Check it out, www.versus.tv

You can watch a NEW NHL commercial for opening night, meet VERSUS' new NHL team, and look at their schedule for this year.

X0ssbar

Not much different than what they had. I was dissapointed as I thought they would roll out a new web site.

OG6ix

Apr 11, 2006
Toronto
Way to go OLN... this site looks like it was built in 1998. I've seen blogs with templates that are better than this.

Comcast is rich, can't they make a better website? ugh.

Kenadyan

Jul 23, 2003
Asheboro, NC
Visit site
Only Non-Canadian Western teams to win the Cup in 46 years probably has something to do with it...

However, using that logic, it's anyone's guess regarding why the Leafs are on HNIC nearly every Saturday.

Tradition. Also, Leafs and Montreal used to be the only two teams in Eastern Canada, CBC is located in Toronto, and I've heard that Canadien's games are shown on the French speaking version of CBC (RDS?) -- but I could be wrong about that.

OG6ix

Apr 11, 2006
Toronto
I don't know why you guys hate Pierre so much lol. I remember when he had a classic segment with Michael Nylander.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->