Rate Russian defense

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Let's imagine there won't be a lockout in 2020 (yeah, it's hard to imagine, but we can try) and World Cup of Hockey happens as planned.

So Russian team will have obvious three in Provorov, Zaitsev and Sergachev. Then there is Kulikov, the player, I never liked, but people say he looks good this season. Then there is Voynov in the KHL, who will probably play in the NHL at the time. Then there is Gavrikov, who's still only 21, but playing as a top defensive defenseman on the best KHL team and was very good at the last WHC. Then there is Tryamkin, who plays 20+ min/night (big minutes by the KHL standarts) and looks like a monster. And then there are a lot of other NHL and KHL guys for 7-8-9 etc positions.

Where would you place this defense amongst other nations?

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
You're forgetting Orlov. Russia will have a pretty decent defense in upcoming tournaments.

EDIT: Beaten to the punch by Dr John Carlson

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
Worse than USA, Canada, Sweden and maybe Finland. Tho, I'm not high on Risto or Juolevi

Reactions: Viqsi

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Let's imagine there won't be a lockout in 2020 (yeah, it's hard to imagine, but we can try) and World Cup of Hockey happens as planned.

So Russian team will have obvious three in Provorov, Zaitsev and Sergachev. Then there is Kulikov, the player, I never liked, but people say he looks good this season. Then there is Voynov in the KHL, who will probably play in the NHL at the time. Then there is Gavrikov, who's still only 21, but playing as a top defensive defenseman on the best KHL team and was very good at the last WHC. Then there is Tryamkin, who plays 20+ min/night (big minutes by the KHL standarts) and looks like a monster. And then there are a lot of other NHL and KHL guys for 7-8-9 etc positions.

Where would you place this defense amongst other nations?

You live in a world of illusion I'd say. Voynov in the NHL in 3 years? Seriously? Kulikov is stil... not good. Gavrikov should be somewhere arond 9th on the list. You don't seem to see the options.

Right now it's.

Zadorov - Provorov

Sergachev - Emelin

Zaytsev - Orlov

Tryamkin - Voynov

It is still far away from the best combos out there, but is far better than what we've had for years now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->