Rate a rival prospects upside/probability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMastodonFarm*

Jul 5, 2004
jtuzzi21 said:
How is Kesler a C?
Ya, no doubt. This is Kesler, he is not a project whatsoever. Kesler is about as sure of a thing as it gets when it comes to a prospect. If the guy's AHL scoring doesn't translate to the NHL he will have a long career as a heart and soul, two way 3rd liner. The type of player every NHL team needs to win.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
MrMastodonFarm said:
Ya, no doubt. This is Kesler, he is not a project whatsoever. Kesler is about as sure of a thing as it gets when it comes to a prospect. If the guy's AHL scoring doesn't translate to the NHL he will have a long career as a heart and soul, two way 3rd liner. The type of player every NHL team needs to win.

Your description is pretty fair. The problem is, it does sound loosely like a 7.5 C.

More accurately, your description would be a 7B, although you didn't specify how much you think his scoring might translate.

Kesler, IMO, is more of a 7C, so I actually think the original poster was a tiny bit generous.

Ratings from 5.5 to 7.5, and letters from B to D, are all reasonable (if not accurate) to describe this player, IMO.

BIG GIFS

Apr 29, 2004
Toronto
Kyle Wellwood: 8C
Carlo Colaiacova: 7.5B

Sens
Antoine Vermette: 7A
Andrej Meszaros: 8B

Bruins
Brad Boyes: 6B
Mark Stuart: 8C

leafaholix*

Poochie_D said:
yikes... if we used ur scale of measurement id hate to see where the best leaf prospects stand...
My ratings suggest...

Higgins: Potential is a 2nd liner, should reach it, could drop to 3rd liner
Plekanec: Potential is 3rd liner, should reach it, could drop to 4th liner

Plekanec's rating may be a bit low when you look at his AHL numbers, but I've seen him quite a few times and have come away impressed that he'll likely find himself in the NHL one day, but not as a top 6 forward. He's kind of like Robert Reichel, does some things well, but lacks a physical game and isn't great at anything in particular.

Captain Conservative

Apr 1, 2004
My Blue Heaven
Carl O'Steen said:
:habs

Christopher Higgins: 7B (6A)
Tomas Plekanec: 6B

Jason MacIsaac said:
Philly
Jeff Carter - 9C

Rangers
Montoya - 8.5D

Pittsburgh
Fleury - 9C

Islanders
Nillson - 8D

Glad to see that some of us know how to use the ratings system.

jtuzzi21 said:
How is Kesler a C?

:shakehead

Well, I've worked in retail, so i'm used to explaining things to people like you.

Let me lay out for you what 7.5C means. The 7.5 means he has the potential to be a very good second line forward(what can I say, i'm biased towards american prospects), and the C means that you multiply his potential rating by 80%.

7.5 x .8 = 6

So he is guaranteed to be a third line forward. Got it?

Last edited:

trentmccleary

Mar 2, 2002
Alfie-Ville
Visit site
8.0C = Kostitsyn (currently a 9.0C)
7.5A = Perezhogin (currently 8.5C)
7.0B = Chris Higgins (currently 8.0B)
7.0C = Plekanec (currently 7.5B)
6.0A = Chipchura (currently 7.0A)

The letter grades are not supposed to be used to make unreasonable predictions and then be able to back track on them when (not if) they fail to come true.

If they were, I'd petition our mod to make Teemu Sainomaa (couldn't make it as a 4th liner in the Finnish Elite League) a 10.0 Z

Where 10.0 means that he could be a record breaking hockey player and Z means "if the NHL uses replacement players... composed entirely of Girl Scouts.... who have never seen ice before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad