Rastislav Stana..wow

Status
Not open for further replies.

I_r_1337

Jun 10, 2003
Washington D.C.
Visit site
This kid looked awesome. I've seen him sveral times at the AHL level and he's looked good.. nothing great but still very very solid. He's been overlooked and underrated cause he's splitting time with Ouellet..but damn the kid started his first NHL game tonight(against the Wings mind you) and gave up 1 goal on 40 shots! His hutout got ended in the 3rd but what a hell of a game for somebody who was supposedly just up because he makes less than Ouellet. I think Charpentier better watch out his backup job could be gone. Washington want Ouellet to get the FULL workload in Portland and with Stana there it isn't happening. Fact is, the kid looked good. I know it's just one game but even so what a showing.

Ruckus007

where to?
May 27, 2003
Huntington, WV
I actually watched him several times during his rookie year in the ECHL and thought he was very shaky. I never thought he'd play an NHL game. Shows a.) what I know and b.) how far he's come.

I_r_1337

Jun 10, 2003
Washington D.C.
Visit site
Yeah he has developed very rappidly.. I saw him once in the ECHL and was sayign the same thing.. he looked scared, nervous and reacting on pure instinct with no skill. Saw him a lot last year and a couple times this year in Portland.. although when I saw him he did not look that good or better than Ouellet but it just goes to show he could be a big gamer. Also makes me interested to see what Maxime can do in the pro's. Could Washington be over-developing him?

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
Ouellet should be getting these starts....not Stana..but Money is not allowing that right now. I mean....Rat is a decent goalie...Ive always liked his positioning and style...he could be a starter down the line...but he has nothing on Ouellet. Yes...it was great to see the kid get a big win in his first NHL start...but let's not get carried away here. Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad