Prospect Info: Rasmus Asplund (2016, 33rd) –- Loaned to Vasteras (HockeyAllsvenskan)

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Can’t he play for Rochester?

The Botterill interview the other day seemed to indicate they want him to play in the World Championships. His SHL season is done, that's for sure. Kind of sour with the delineation between pre-Welch and post-Welch.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
The Botterill interview the other day seemed to indicate they want him to play in the World Championships. His SHL season is done, that's for sure. Kind of sour with the delineation between pre-Welch and post-Welch.
At least Welch is donating his brain for concussion reasearch...

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
How much was he affected, do you think?

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
His contract is up with Farjestad, so the time to sign him is now.

Get this done. Aside from Mittelstadt, this is the one prospect I am the most anticipated for. He's definitely the type of building block that this team has needed. He easily could be our Viktor Rask. A second line center of quality that can move seamlessly and have a comfortable defensive game to allow him to fit in whether on the third line. He's too talented to be a fourth line center on this roster ;)

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
How much was he affected, do you think?

Taking a gander at just raw scoring totals, he went 4-8-12 afterward, including a lengthy stretch to end the season with only 1 goal in 9 games. He was 4-12-16 before the injury. He wasn't getting inside as much from my viewings. He was a bit more outside. *shrug* Maybe it isn't anything and was just a feature of the way Farjestad played.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I dug into the tweet to find the source and it’s the coach or gm of the team saying they believe Asplund isn’t returning next year as he wants to head to Buffalo.

The translation wasn’t perfect but that’s what the source was.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Kris Baker‏ @SabresProspects -

Asplund and Olofsson back at it today as Sweden faces Slovakia at the Euro Hockey Challenge.

Things starting to come together regarding some Swedes/Sabres. FBK website earlier this week reported that they believe Asplund will join Sabres org next season. Today, Frolunda web states that Olofsson will (translated) "represent another club in another league" next year.

Asplund and Olofsson draw the assists on Sweden's fifth goal. That's Olofsson's third helper of the game. Sweden leads Slovakia 5-1 late in the 2nd.

Victor Olofsson (17:06) produces three helpers and a game-high plus-4 rating, Rasmus Asplund picks up an assist and wins 8/12 draws while skating 14:53 as Sweden pounds Slovakia 7-1.

Reactions: Mittelstadt

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
Kris Baker‏ @SabresProspects -

Asplund and Olofsson back at it today as Sweden faces Slovakia at the Euro Hockey Challenge.

Things starting to come together regarding some Swedes/Sabres. FBK website earlier this week reported that they believe Asplund will join Sabres org next season. Today, Frolunda web states that Olofsson will (translated) "represent another club in another league" next year.

Asplund and Olofsson draw the assists on Sweden's fifth goal. That's Olofsson's third helper of the game. Sweden leads Slovakia 5-1 late in the 2nd.

Victor Olofsson (17:06) produces three helpers and a game-high plus-4 rating, Rasmus Asplund picks up an assist and wins 8/12 draws while skating 14:53 as Sweden pounds Slovakia 7-1.

Niceeee

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
Question: Rasmus Asplund finished up what’s expected to be his last season with Farjestad BK before making the transition to North America. Asplund struggled in the SHL playoffs this season but what do you feel are the best areas of his game and how do you feel his game will translate to North America when he makes the transition?
Jokke: Asplund plays a very mature, well-rounded game. He’s a smart player who usually ends up making the right decision regardless of the situation. He carried an ‘A’ on his chest which is impressive for such a young player and shows that he also has leadership abilities. He was mostly used as their second line center, and he was also used on both special teams. I don’t see him being a power play player at the NHL level but he’s the type of player coaches love to have because you can trust him in any situation, he can play against top players, and he can also win important faceoffs. I don’t see him having any difficulties adjusting to North America but I think his upside is a bit limited.

dasaybz

da saybz
Aug 2, 2005
Question: Rasmus Asplund finished up what’s expected to be his last season with Farjestad BK before making the transition to North America. Asplund struggled in the SHL playoffs this season but what do you feel are the best areas of his game and how do you feel his game will translate to North America when he makes the transition?
Jokke: Asplund plays a very mature, well-rounded game. He’s a smart player who usually ends up making the right decision regardless of the situation. He carried an ‘A’ on his chest which is impressive for such a young player and shows that he also has leadership abilities. He was mostly used as their second line center, and he was also used on both special teams. I don’t see him being a power play player at the NHL level but he’s the type of player coaches love to have because you can trust him in any situation, he can play against top players, and he can also win important faceoffs. I don’t see him having any difficulties adjusting to North America but I think his upside is a bit limited.
Sounds alot like Hecht.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad