Recalled/Assigned: Rasmus Andersson recalled, will join team in Winnipeg

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
This was just converted to a regular call up so I'm guessing Stone isn't ready to go yet and the Flames want one of Bartkowski or Wideman out of the line up.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
This was just converted to a regular call up so I'm guessing Stone isn't ready to go yet and the Flames want one of Bartkowski or Wideman out of the line up.
He would have been converted on Saturday night/Sunday morning or else he would have had to be sent back down immediately. Emergency recalls cannot stay with the team if they aren't playing.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Interesting. Should have done this from the get go but ah well, better late than never.

Would guess one or both of Hamilton and Stone are still not 100%. Maybe it's Engelland's spot he takes. Regardless, hopefully he gets a game or three soon.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Interesting. Should have done this from the get go but ah well, better late than never.

Would guess one or both of Hamilton and Stone are still not 100%. Maybe it's Engelland's spot he takes. Regardless, hopefully he gets a game or three soon.
As I spelled out above, this would have been done either when they knew he wasn't playing against the Jets, or the following morning. He would not have been allowed to stay on the roster unless he was converted to a regular call-up already. So whether you think they should have done it that way or not, it hasn't made a lick of difference since he still sat against the Penguins and Bruins as a healthy scratch.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Is there a link that it's been made a regular call-up? I haven't seen anything official.
Steinberg tweeted it. But the simple fact is if it wasn't converted, he would be back in Stockton, Emergency recalls cannot stay with the big club unless they are playing. Emergency recalls are only allowed when a team is under 2G/6D/12F in healthy bodies. The moment the team reaches those healthy levels the Emergency recall must be returned.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Steinberg tweeted it. But the simple fact is if it wasn't converted, he would be back in Stockton, Emergency recalls cannot stay with the big club unless they are playing. Emergency recalls are only allowed when a team is under 2G/6D/12F in healthy bodies. The moment the team reaches those healthy levels the Emergency recall must be returned.

Makes sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad