Player Discussion Rasmus Andersson breakout

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Him and Hanifin have really grown together as a pair. They get better every year and they're both still relatively young, lots to improve still.

Still crazy to think Hanifin is younger than Andersson.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
I'm not sure he has another step. 50-60pt #2 is kind of where I always saw his ceiling. Certainly never saw Gio reaching Norris levels in his 5th full season either so you never know, he wasn't exactly the smoothest skater either.

Having him locked up until 2025-26 under 5 million is awesome. Might be the best contract Brad has signed as the Flames GM.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Khrox

May 31, 2018
I always feel vindicated when I think of Razzy.
I went to, either his D+1 or D+2 rookie showcase scrimmage at WinSport; and even then the guy was clearly the best defender on the ice. At that time I compared him to Keith in terms of how he handled the game. He's settled to never being that offensive guy, but man, a complete D for sure.

Calgary needs to get healthy and they'll start cooking again with that backend leading the charge.
I've always been high on Andersson. Like, even when we drafted him, he was a guy who was playing close to 30 minutes a game in the CHL, relied on in all situations, and never looked out of place. And that was with him being relatively out of shape (for a hockey player, not in general). That whole "pull yourself together or you're not getting a shot in the NHL) bit his second/third camp really drove it home, and he's been a bit of a stud ever since.

I never saw him as a #1 guy, but I absolutely saw him as a top tier #2 guy that wouldn't look out of place if he had to do a few stints as the #1 guy if there were injuries.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

BRobMint

Formerly known as Hockey Ninja
Apr 24, 2013
Cleveland, OH (Grew up in Calgary)
As an Oiler fan , I really like Andersson . Everyone's bitchin about what dman the Oilers need. An Andersson clone would be ideal.
Yeah Andy’s a stud. Skates well, moves the puck well, good passer from the point. His biggest weaknesses is that his slapper isn’t very accurate and he can have brain farts sometimes defensively but he’s still a rock solid D-man who’s just gotten better and better

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Every time this thread title comes up, I think someone's trying to say he has a pimple. :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: super6646

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
The thread name still makes me think of acne.
Makes me think of prison.

1000001620.gif

• Wow
Reactions: super6646

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad