8. Pavel Buchnevich
9. Jimmy Vesey

635957651760552870-AP-Hobey-Baker-Award-Hockey-.jpg

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Now it gets pretty tough...

Is it Pirri? Probably one of the best shots on the team, but it's unknown if he can even get himself out of a paper bag... Doesn't bring much else.

Lindberg? Started off the season strong, but will he be able to continue his progression? Especially coming off an injury.

Fast? You know what you will get from him, strong 2 way play, will chip in some points as well. Great player if used in a defensive role.

Grabner? Speedy...but again, aside from that, not much else. Only 20 points last season...I'm thinking he doesn't score much more than that again.

Jooris? Good grinder, think he will be a lot better than people think, another good 4th liner.

Going to go with......Fast, Pirri being a close 2nd.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
For me, it's between Grabner/Lindberg/Pirri

They all have their merits and different talents that could garner a vote for me. I'm just not sure...

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
This one is hard. I went with Lindberg because I feel he is as good of a defensive player as Fast and is more of a scoring threat as well. He started off extremely well and then hit a rut. During that rut, he was robbed of a goal several times and had no puck luck. He also may have been starting to feel his bad hips. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, and expect good things are still to come.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I have four, potentially five people still left in this poll ahead of Fast.

Pirri
Lindberg
Jooris
Grabner
Gerbe*

*maybe

Jesper Fast isn't that great at hockey :dunno: He's a fourth liner who can't PK.

Fast is A+ defensively at ES and an ok point producer for players of his kind. Definitely better than Grabner and Lindberg at the least.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Fast is A+ defensively at ES and an ok point producer for players of his kind. Definitely better than Grabner and Lindberg at the least.

Agree. Jooris is the only guy at this point I'd consider over Fast.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge

I think calling him a 'fourth liner who can't PK' wasn't that crazy. He's put up points, but he's been fed a ton of top-6 time the Rangers would be much better off having someone else play in.

He was especially detrimental to Kreider and Stepan, where he played his most minutes last season. 40% GF% when he was on their line. Stepan didn't have a GF% under 50% with any other combo he played with. Kreider never went under 60%

Last edited:

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville

I don't know how you can confidently say this.

In 2015-16 5v5:

Lindberg had a GF60 of 0.83. Fast had a GF60 of 0.44. Huge difference in favor of Lindberg.

Lindberg had 0.74 primary assists per 60. Fast had 0.44 primary assists per 60. Huge difference in favor of Lindberg.

Lindberg had 1.57 primary points per 60. Fast had 0.88 primary points per 60. Huge difference in favor of Lindberg.

Regarding "On-Ice" stats:

Fast had an edge in CF% and FF%, but it was slight.

They had identical stats in Scoring Chances Against per 60, but Lindberg blew Fast out of the water in Scoring Chances For per 60.

Lindberg was also better than Fast On-Ice in GF60 and GA60 (significantly so is GA60)

Further, despite playing in 11 fewer games and playing 223 fewer minutes in 5v5 play, Lindberg only had one fewer point than Fast...and Lindberg actually had 5 more Primary points than Fast over that time.

Seriously.....Fast was definitely not better than Lindberg last year. No way.

TurgePurge*

Fast was the catalyst for our only working line in the ECF with Kreider and Stepan. He dragged them down? Get serious.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Fast was the catalyst for our only working line in the ECF with Kreider and Stepan. He dragged them down? Get serious.

Yes. He dragged them down last season. Stepan and Kreider were better off with every other RWer that AV gave them in terms of goals for the Rangers versus goals against the Rangers.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Hopefully not a double post.

I went with Fast under a very simplistic view that if a top 6 forward had to be temporarily replaced in the line up - who would it be out of those remaining? To me it's Fast over Lindberg, Grabner or Pirri.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
Went with Fast because he's a known quantity on the team. Probably would have went with Lindberg if not for the injury.

Grabner and Pirri are very one dimensional in different ways, and Jooris has been a 4th liner, whereas Fast has shown he can play in the Top-9 and not stick out in a negative way.

That being said, I still believe the proper place for Fast is on the 4th line, and any of these guys remaining except Glass could probably jump him on the depth chart with a good season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad