Austin Wagner (3rd/4th line winger)
Mikey Eyssimont (3rd/4th line winger)
Drake Rymsha (3rd/4th line center)

Last edited:

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I'd say Rangers moved up to slightly lover than middle of the pack - maybe 17-19?

A couple of good pieces. Big improvement considering where we were 2 years ago.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I'd say Rangers moved up to slightly lover than middle of the pack - maybe 17-19?

A couple of good pieces. Big improvement considering where we were 2 years ago.
I feel like we’re already top 10
Exactly one year ago we were in contention for dead last

Chytil-beast.
Andersson-also beast.
Shesty-dominant in KHL
Howden-safe player to become a solid middle 6 C, could possibly be more
Deangelo-his offensive numbers haven’t looked great but that’s because he wasn’t really given PP time until recently, he’s been really good defensively for us as of late which is surprising
Pionk-kid is a 2 way beast and will be a regular next year for us, I see him topping out as a top 4 dman for us
Hajek-I really like him but Gorton likes him even more, has said he thinks Hajek will be a top defenseman in the league
Rykov-if we get him to come over (which we definitely should) he’ll be a beast, Orlov-like dman
Georgiev-.930 save percentage throughout 4 1/2 games with us, in all games he faced 35+ shots except that 1/2 game. Only 22
Lindgren-solid NHL potential, I’ve always been really high on him and was a secondary /tertiary asset I wanted from the Bruins in any trade
Lettieri-looked really good in his NHL stint, still young and has a great motor, can be great bottom 6er with offense
Ronning-dominate WHL season
Barron-2017 6th round draft pick, great in the NCAA for us, a lot of upside in him. Big skilled C
Sean Day-kid has been excellent this year, high upside
Virta- 2017 7th rounder, 40 points in 58 Liiga games
Bigras-reclamation project

Add in the 3 1sts, 2 2nds, 3 3rds we have, we’ll be in contention for the best post-draft

Before the draft last season our best prospects were guys such as (no order)
Shestyorkin
Graves
Nieves
Kovacs
Gropp
Sean Day
Huska
Zborovsky

Last edited:

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
No idea where they'd rank, but for reference, here is Minnesota's top 7ish:

Kunin
Kaprizov
Greenway
Sokolov
Belpedio
Lodnia
Kahkonen

Add Eriksson Ek if doing the U23 thing.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
I’d be hard pressed to not put STL in the top 10: some high end Fwds, two possible high end D and a High end G w/ some promising specs who’ve been producing. This isn’t exact order but relatively from highest to lowest quality IMO minus goalies at the bottom.

Robert Thomas
Vince Dunn
Jordan Kyrou
Klim Kostin
Tage Thompson
Erik Foley
Jake Walman
Jordan Schmaltz
Nolan Stevens
Niko Mikkola
Adam Musil
Tanner Kaspick
Alexei Toropchenko
David Noel
Austin Poganski

Ville Husso(G)
Evan Fitzpatrick(G

Reactions: Devonator and Jtown

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Avs should be somewhere in the top 10 for prospects; even though they've had a lot of graduates this season. Makar, Meloche & Timmins is a trio of blueline prospects I'd put up against anyone's. The forward prospects lack star power...especially now that Jost has graduated...but there's more good top 9ers still in the pipeline with Shvyryov, Greer, Bowers, Kamenev; and some solid bottom 6 prospects with Toninato, Beaudin, Morrison, Henry.

Including u23 NHLers pushes us into the top 5 because that adds MacKinnon, Rantanen, Jost, Zadorov, Girard, Compher, and depending on how you define it Kerfoot (turned 23 during the season)

...let's just not talk about the goalies...

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I'm of the crowd thinks that Vancouver is barely in the top 5. There are cases for quite a few teams to be up there.

Philly though, absolutely deserves to be up there.

If you take into account u23 and prospects together they aren't even top 20

Just prospects, they are top 5.

Last edited:

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
For non-graduated prospects, Vancouver, Philly are top 3-5. A bunch of teams could be argued for 3-18 or so.

Before this year's draft (Pettersson, Lind), I was speculative of Vancouver being clearly above several teams...even though they had good draftees like Gaudette, Demko.....but now they are unquestionably near the top.

Reactions: vanwest and Index

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014
I'm of the crowd thinks that Vancouver is barely in the top 5. There are cases for quite a few teams to be up there.

Philly though, absolutely deserves to be up there.

Our top prospect is the best drafted prospect in hockey and a top 3 non NHL player right now.

And as for depth, our #5 ranked prospect is leading the NCAA in scoring and favourite for hobey baker. Kole Lind, who is scoring more than Cody Glass and the majority of first rounders in the chl. He doesn't even crack our top 5. So Vancouver is definitely near the top

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
With the addition of Heiskanen and Robertson we definitely moved up, but probably not a whole lot. Our prospect depth is not anything special. Maybe ranks in the 15-20 range

Reactions: AveryStar4Eva

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Elias Pettersson’s bedroom.

Attachments

• 2C032B7F-ED05-40B3-A7F5-6835CCF8166F.jpeg
    2C032B7F-ED05-40B3-A7F5-6835CCF8166F.jpeg
    66.8 KB · Views: 115

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
ARZ,PHI, LVK, MIN,FLA,VAN,STL,NYR, ANA(low key good) off the top of my head. No particular order.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Flames are pretty good.

Dube
Valimaki
Andersson
Fox
Mangiapane

Would be our top 5. Most publications have Fox/Valimaki/Andersson/Dube as top 50 prospects.
Then we got some other decent guys Kylington, Gawdin, Phillips, Ruzicka, Gillies, Parsons, Rittich, and Joly who could turn into something.

TeddyBare

Jul 28, 2016
Mississauga, Ontario
Best???
Right now I really don't think anyone can say definitively, I mean philly doesnt have a top 20 prospect, so I have no idea why people are labelling them the best.

Worst??
Im going to say San Jose or Pittsburgh

Last edited:

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
Is this a prospect ranking? Or U-23 and under ranking? Very different things.

Good question. I think it's two questions. I was actually hoping someone had actually done the work on this and there were some articles that could be pointed to (besides the hockey news)...

High n Wide

Feb 24, 2015
St. Louis
I’d be hard pressed to not put STL in the top 10: some high end Fwds, two possible high end D and a High end G w/ some promising specs who’ve been producing. This isn’t exact order but relatively from highest to lowest quality IMO minus goalies at the bottom.

Robert Thomas
Vince Dunn
Jordan Kyrou
Klim Kostin
Tage Thompson
Erik Foley
Jake Walman
Jordan Schmaltz
Nolan Stevens
Niko Mikkola
Adam Musil
Tanner Kaspick
Alexei Toropchenko
David Noel
Austin Poganski

Ville Husso(G)
Evan Fitzpatrick(G

I think I'd still have Walman over Foley, personally. And Sammy Blais has gotta be in there somewhere!

Not sure how it stacks up compared to other pools, but it's really exciting to have a strong group (and what seems like decent depth) of prospects coming up in the next few years.

Last edited:

cc

Feb 28, 2002
Was my first thought too. But the question is one of depth and I don't think Vancouver has much depth. Talent at the top end is very good and in the argument for best overall. But our depth is still junk. Just look at our D prospect. Juolevi and ....

I would agree with this. High end forwards look alright but defense is pretty abysmal. Also, not many players from their farm team that's able to step up and be serviceable depth. It doesn't help that the Canucks have traditionally traded a lot of their picks away in their failed accelerated rebuild attempt. You'd think that a perennial bottom feeder would have been able to acquire a higher volume of prospect depth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad