Rank top 30 players of all time!! (15 forwards, 10 defenseman, 5 goalies)

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
pei fan said:
This thread is unbelievable! Do you guy's think if you make enough of these stupid
lists that eventually everyone that knows better will die off and you will re-write
history.It's not gonna happen so grow up.Bure :lol Howe at #30-The only way that
is somewhat believable is if you're referring to Mark Howe. :cry: I don't know
whether to laugh or cry so maybe I'll just :banghead:

Why don't you read my post again and you might be able to figure out that it was Mark Howe, because unless I'm missing something Gordie wasn't exactly in his prime during the 1980's or 90's. :banghead:

kmad said:
I'd be hard pressed to beat this list. Nice one..

I'd put Jaromir Jagr, Phil Esposito, Bobby Clarke and Stan Mikita in the top 15 forwards ahead of Frank Mahovlich, Steve Yzerman, Howie Morenz and Red Kelly, though. And for now, I'd have placed Hasek ahead of Brodeur in the top five goalies. Can't see any other glaring omissions, though.

Thanks.

I thought Espo was a little one dimensional and I already have a pure scorer in Bossy. I like Mikita, the Big M was better. More size, better passer. For a few seasons the Big M was as good as it got in the league and was the one guy that Beliveau really worried about. Yzerman and Kelly are really close for me. Both trade on their versatility and leadership. I'd stick with Kelly, but I can respect your selection of Yzerman. Clarke is a tough one for me. Kinda falls into the same category as Espo in that I have his style of player there already: Messier. Do anything to win, good skater, great leader, tough as nails. Jagr was borderline for me, I could be convinced to put him in, my opinion is probably distorted by his past few seasons. Granted I'm going on heresay for Morenz, but I'm a Habs fan and am not above a little homerism once in a while. :)

As for Hasek... He had a remarkable run for a while there but for me a big, big part of goaltending is consistency. In his early and later seasons he was very prone to soft goals at bad times. I would take all 5 of my guys ahead of Hasek on that criteria. In fact Hasek was #7 on my original list behind Fuhr.

jiggs 10

Dec 5, 2002
Hockeytown, ND
Visit site
Goalies: Terry Sawchuk, Glenn Hall, Tony Esposito, Patty Roy, and Dom Hasek as back-up

Defense:
Bobby Orr
Ray Bourque
Nik Lidstrom
Doug Harvey
Larry Robinson
Denis Potvin
Paul Coffey
Eddie Shore
Red Kelly
Borje Salming

Forwards (in order):
Wayne Gretzky
Bobby Hull
Gordie Howe
Steve Yzerman
Mike Bossy
Guy Lafleur
Maurice Richard
Jean Beliveau
Dale Hawerchuk
Peter Stasney
Mario Lemieux
Frank Mahavolich
Gilbert Perreault
Denis Savard
Phil Esposito

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
John Flyers Fan said:
Why don't you read my post again and you might be able to figure out that it was Mark Howe, because unless I'm missing something Gordie wasn't exactly in his prime during the 1980's or 90's. :banghead:
Well, why didn't you read the thread title re :"all-time. :banghead:

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
pei fan said:
Well, why didn't you read the thread title re :"all-time. :banghead:

Why didn't you read his post?? He clearly stated he was talking about post 1980, and if you looked at the rest of the players he listed, I think you should notice there's no Eddie Shore or Howie Morenz there either. Be nice to other posters, Santa is watching. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad