Rank these prospects please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

braino

Sep 14, 2002
Visit site
Who's best out of these 10 goalies? Please rank out of 10 of good their potential is. I am in a keeper pool and am looking to sign f/a goalies and have room for 2. The below are available in my pool. Help is needed.

1.) Dan Lacosta
2.) Michal Valent
3.) Jaroslav Halak
4.) Martin Houle
5.) Todd Ford
6.) Adam Munro
7.) Jonathan Boutin
8.) Eero Kilpelainen
9.) J.F Racine
10.) Mike Brown

Vic Rattlehead*

Brown has really improved since he was drafted. Only thing that is bad for him is that he doesn't have much of a shot in the NHL with Raycroft, Toivonen, and Sigalet ahead of him.

flip588

Mar 22, 2004
I hear Martin Houle is a decent NHL prospect as well, at least from other Flyer fans. Anyone who has exposure to him care to give their opinion?

KILLger

Mar 2, 2002
Canada
Visit site
19bruins19 said:
Brown has really improved since he was drafted. Only thing that is bad for him is that he doesn't have much of a shot in the NHL with Raycroft, Toivonen, and Sigalet ahead of him.

Isn't Sigalet's career over?

Thornton97

Nov 18, 2004
Carrollton, TX
Far from it, unless there is another Sigalet at BG who is playing, winning lots of games, and being one of the best goaltenders in college hockey.

KILLger

Mar 2, 2002
Canada
Visit site
Thornton97 said:
Far from it, unless there is another Sigalet at BG who is playing, winning lots of games, and being one of the best goaltenders in college hockey.

Thought that with his sclerosis, he'd give up...

I'm guessing it'll only be a question of time. No?

Kevin Forbes

Jul 29, 2002
Nova Scotia
www.kforbesy.ca
a question of time? no, not at all, that's a terrible thing to say
to write him off would be rash and uninformed

there are many different variants of MS
the most common is known as relapsing-remitting
this is where the symptons get very bad (known as a relapse) and then they go into remission (sometimes never appearing again)
There's other variants such as progressive, where the symptons get worse and worse, which is probably what you are thinking about (the general idea with a disease that lacks a cure like MS is that over time you'll get worse, it isn't always the truth)

Looking at it at face value, the fact that Sigalet is able to play seems to indicate his symptons are in remission and hopefully it will just be something that is a shadow in the back of his head for the the rest of his career, but not something that will effect his play.
He seems quite devoted to not letting something like MS get him down or bother his play much, and that is something to be admired.

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
I've always liked what i saw from Houle and was shocked he went as late as he did in the draft.

Vic Rattlehead*

KILLger said:
Isn't Sigalet's career over?

Nope, he is fighting MS very well, and it doesn't seem to effect his play much. The gut is a great fighter, and hopefulyl will get through it.

braino

Sep 14, 2002
Visit site
Thanks for details...

It really sounds like these guys all suck though?? I see some comments about Houle but looking at the Philly depth chart I believe Houle is a long, long shot. I was simply looking to see if there was a possible homerun goalie in here but looks like they are all borderline prospects. Thanks for the details though. If any new people still want to reply, please do so as more opinions the better.

leafaholix*

Ford and Racine are very solid prospects.

Todd Ford's recovered after a horrendous WHL career after the draft, he's now 20 years old and one of the elite ECHL goaltenders. He's 14-3-1 with Pensacola and was named to the all-star game last month.

Racine was a 3rd rounder that may just be our best goalie prospect right now. I'd have him ahead of Tellqvist, a solid AHL goalie... unfortunately there's no room for him since Aubin's arrival and Tellqvist being a solid AHL goalie as well.

Racine reminds me of a Patrick Lalime-type, Ford is in the mold of a Sean Burke.

I'm not holding my breath for either to be NHL #1's because of the fact that goalie prospects are almost impossible to predict.

salty justice

May 25, 2004
Los Angeles
Adam Munro will be a career minor leaguer IMO. He has never impressed anyone since the Hawks wasted a 1st rounder on him, and now he sits 5th in potential for Hawks goaltending prospects behind: Anderson, Crawford, Leighton, and Broduer. He has gotten a chance to play in the AHL and NHL only because of injuries to Leighton, Thibault, and Anderson in the last 2 years. Once Anderson comes off the IR Munro might be done with the Hawks all together as their wont be room for him at any level during the lockout. Maybe he'll get another chance to shine playing for the ECHL affiliate of another team.

SPORTSMANIAC

Nov 15, 2004
Lewiston, Maine
mvn.com
Halak is a very good goalie. He is no Patrick Roy but will be a starter some day. He did have a very good U-20's except against Canada. Played very well yesterday in a 5-0 victory against Moncton.

leafaholix*

SPORTSMANIAC said:
Halak is a very good goalie. He is no Patrick Roy but will be a starter some day. He did have a very good U-20's except against Canada. Played very well yesterday in a 5-0 victory against Moncton.
If he improves his quickness (very slow), he may play in the NHL someday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad