Rank These Prospects In Order...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slay

May 24, 2003
Krasnoyarsk
theBob said:
Again :lol :joker: :lol:

Lets see, first off Ruutu had the same problem for most of the year playing under Sputter. Secondly NOONE ever said Ruutu was better than Ovenchicken. Thirdly, Ovenchicken was left out of this thread for a reason. Fourthly, no one has trashed any Caps players. Finally, you keep calling Ovenchicken and Seamen better than than Ruutu because they are "bigger." Check your sources, Ruutu has the same height of AO but outweighs him by 10 pounds, and Ruutu is taller than Semin by 2 inches and outweighs him by 30 pounds. Maybe you meant "bigger" in another aspect of their person, but only a guy of your preferences would know anything about that. ;)

I don't think Semin that small comparing to Rutuu. nhl.com not rare has not correct info (they even spelled totally wrong his hometown). I think he is 6'1 (usually was listed 185cm in juniors) and maybe about 189 lbs. For instance the same story with Zherdev's height&weight(these 2 are pretty similar in size). As for Ovechkin, well he weights more than 200lbs for sure and non-excluded more than Ruutu.

Last edited:

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
theBob said:
Hey Caps homers listen up! No one has ever said Ruutu is better than Ovenchicken, read the thread before you make a response.

Then allow me to: Ruutu is better than Ovechkin. :teach:

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
DINO22CICCARELLI said:
You know for a fact he will be a GREAT NHLer? Didnt people think Joe Juneau was gonna be great after 100pt season as a rookie? Was good NOT great? Didnt people think Kovalev was gonna be great...good BUT not great? Jim Carey after winning the Vezina Trophy...good NOT great? Eric Lindros good NOT great. Do I have to name any more? The FACT is ONLY ONE player EVER HAS BEEN GREAT....just so happens to be part of his nickname!!!

Yeah man, Lindros was totally average even before his injuries!

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
Its a shame that I'm likely to dislike such a supremely talented and down to earth guy like Ovechkin just to spite a few Cap fan imbeciles.

salty justice

May 25, 2004
Los Angeles
Slay said:
I don't think Semin that small comparing to Rutuu. nhl.com not rare has not correct info (they even spelled totally wrong his hometown). I think he is 6'1 (usually was listed 185cm in juniors) and maybe about 189 lbs. For instance the same story with Zherdev's height&weight(these 2 are pretty similar in size). As for Ovechkin, well he weights more than 200lbs for sure and non-excluded more than Ruutu.

Heres how they size up:

Ovenchicken: 6'1" 200lbs
Semin: 6'0" 175lbs
Ruutu: 6'2" 210lbs

Not much difference between Ruutu and AO, but 35 pounds between Semin and Ruutu is a pretty big difference.

Slay

May 24, 2003
Krasnoyarsk
theBob said:
Heres how they size up:

Ovenchicken: 6'1" 200lbs
Semin: 6'0" 175lbs
Ruutu: 6'2" 210lbs

Not much difference between Ruutu and AO, but 35 pounds between Semin and Ruutu is a pretty big difference.

Hmhm and one more time hm.

Okay here we go with the sources:

Ovechkin:

RussianProspects (though I don't fully trust them coz I have noticed some obvious mistakes in ht&wt of some players, maybe they corrected them though):
Height: 187cm/6'1.63"
Weight: 91kg/200.65lbs (I am assuming weight were not updated)

Metallurg (this site has big database on players and updates pretty regulary):
Weight: 96kg/211.68lbs

also Russian roster from the last World Championship, he is 187cm/96kg there

note: Dynamo Moscow site didn't post the roster yet on this season.

Semin:
RussianProspects:
Height: 186cm/6'1.23"
Weight: 82kg/180.81 lbs

Metallurg:
Weight: 85kg/187.43 lbs

On nhl.com and washington sites he is 6'/180, though I think he is a bit taller, just my impression from wjc 2004 (just didn't see the difference in 3 inches between him and Malkin).

Last edited:

Darcy Wakaluk

Apr 30, 2004
I wouldn't put too much into those Russian sources, for they've been known for being highly unreliable.

They listed Parshin at 5'10", 165lbs when I think CSS measured him at 5'7", 142lbs.

Slay

May 24, 2003
Krasnoyarsk
Darcy Wakaluk said:
I wouldn't put too much into those Russian sources, for they've been known for being highly unreliable.

They listed Parshin at 5'10", 165lbs when I think CSS measured him at 5'7", 142lbs.

Yeah mistakes happens especially on RussianProspects. I think it is safer to visit homepages of players clubs. By the way Parshin on CSKA site is 5'8/140.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
psycho_dad said:
Truly amazing this caps guy. Comes in a conversation with no intention to stay on the topic, has absolutely no clue about any of the players he is talking about (except some articles he probably read hyping AO) and vigorously debates his case with total assumptions about players size. Man...you are brave but you are certainly making an ass out of yourself. First rule of debating is you should know something about the subject at hand. Did you know that you can find loads of information about player sizes etc on the net? Maybe you should have bothered before you "opened your mouth".

Ruutu is much better than Semin right now and if both stay healthy, I dont know if that will ever change. Ovechkin has yet to prove himself.

How is Ruutu "much better" than Semin?

Chicago fans dismissing capman should take a look in the mirror. You're equally delusional, in your own way.

salty justice

May 25, 2004
Los Angeles
EroCaps said:

Chicago fans dismissing capman should take a look in the mirror. You're equally delusional, in your own way.

Its been explained. He is a leader all the way, pure heart and soul of the Hawks already at 21. Not to mention he hits like a f'ing train! All that with the finese of a young Forsberg, its hard to compare him to anyone else.

Ruutu and Semin are comparable offensively, but very few players in the NHL have all the intangibles Ruutu brings. I wouldnt say we are delusional, we arent exactly the ones calling skinny little Semin a "big guy." :lol Check the HF Polls board to see how delusional we are.

Bacchus

Nov 11, 2002
Dickes B
Visit site
EroCaps said:

I'm not a Hawks fan. But I think Ruutu is much better than Semin. :eek:

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
EroCaps said:

I am not a Blackhawks fan. I couldn't care less about the Blackhawks. But Ruutu is far better than Semin. They will put up similar points, but besides that it is like comparing Forsberg and Datsyuk. Ruutu is a physical presence, he is one of the top3 open ice hitters in the league already. He just has that very rare gift of giving more of himself out there than the regular joe. Semin might become a big point producer, but out of these two Ruutu will be the one who dives into a stick jungle infront of the net, losing a few teeth but knocking the stanley cup winning goal in.

L. K. Hall .08

As a rookie, or "prospect" poster here, I'm obviously just learning the ropes.
So i come into a thread with an innocent question about rating some prospects, and by page 5 Ovechkin has won the Art Ross, hart, ect. so to speak, and the egg fertilizer is "bigger" and better than Ruutu, even though neither Ovechkin or Semin were listed on the original post of players to rank.
I innocently wanted to come to this thread to try and give my opinion on their rankings, as I too had Ruutu solidly at the top of my list, but as a Bruins fan I guess that means I move B Boyes to the top. :banghead:
So now let me see where this thread is at. Capman says Ovechkin is worth more than 5 Ruutus, and Semin is better than Ruutu, so as Washingtons GM Capman would not trade Ovechkin and Semin for 6 or 7 Ruutus:banghead:, thus giving Wash 2+ VERY good lines instead of 2/3s of a line, in which 1/3 of that has not earned a minute towards his NHL pension fund. As a Bruin fan, I would love to have Ovechkin in our system, but I would personally hunt MOC down if he turned down 5 Ruutus for him. So Mr. Capman(and I'm assuming your also Russian, with the total lack of grasping our english and its grammer), do me a favour before you post your crap and give Mr. McPhee a call and ask him if he would deal Ovechkin for 5 Ruutus. I'm thinking we all know the answer, unless of course he's your brother.

At the super bowl years back, Washington QB Doug Williams was asked " How long have you been a black Quarterback. " You're not a reporter in Washington by chance, are you Mr. Cap., your grammer tells me no, but your ignorance tells me yes.

As for the Post, 200 posters will give you 200 variations. There will be a few really solid players from the list and a few who will come in for a cup of coffee then leave and never be heard from again. All have "prospect" talent, but as with Doug Wickenheiser, Alex Daigle, Brian Lawton etc, not all will live up to their pre draft hype. Too many people put the #1 drafted player too high on their "he's all that" list, but over the years, Forsberg, Naslund, Jagr, Yzerman and Kim Johnsson( I threw that one in because he was the 286th,(last) player chosen in the 1994 draft), have proven that where you were drafted doesn't dictate your career path. Maybe Ruutu will be another Forsberg, and Ovechkin another Daigle, maybe Schremp will be better than both of them, who knows, not even the great Capman. I really hope both have great careers, but only the hands of time will tell.

This is a great board, and I've read some really good posts in my short time here, and I'm sorry for ramblin on.

:cheers:

DINO22CICCARELLI

May 6, 2004
Rob Paxon said:
Yeah man, Lindros was totally average even before his injuries!
See another one who CANT READ!!! Show me where in my post it said Lindros was average...I said good not GREAT!!! You people think after a mind blowing 40 plus point season the guy is Great...what are you smoking because I could sell it and get this country out of debt.

LoudmouthHemskyFan#2

May 15, 2003
Visit site
capman29 said:
When comparing prospects you do not leave the best on out unless you are stupid or cannot stand that that prospect is on a washington tat this board cannot stand .

Why are you stupid if you leave out a prospect? You are saying that every prospect thread should have Ovechkin? What if you are comparing teams 10th ranked prospects? That like saying who is the best player of all time out of Peter Ing, Steven Rice, Daniel Cleary or Wayne Gretzky.

capman29 said:
But for my money I would prefer Semin to Ruutu because he is bigger faster and talent is some what better . Always take size if talent is equal because size cannot be taught but everything can be.
Also no little boy it is ok, we don't need your piggy bank

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
Hockey Moose said:
Tuomo Ruutu
Krys Kolanos
Jared Aulin
Taylor Pyatt
Vaclav Nedorost
Marcel Hossa
RJ Umberger
Konstantin Pushkaryov
Lauri Tukonen
Ales Kotalik
Pavel Brendl
Christian Berglund
Rob Schremp
Brad Boyes
Alexandre Picard
Andrei Kastsitsyn
Igor Grigorenko
Dustin Brown

Not all of them are prospects.

Rico Im Ur Fata

Jun 23, 2003
Hong Kong
Honestly, there are some very sensible Caps fans around here, and it's indeed a shame that they have to share the infamy created by a few mindless imbecilic coherence-challenged hockey "fans" who happen to belong in Capsland.

I have long been a very pissed off observer of the antics of capman19 and company. They really contribute nothing of value here except for picking fights with others for the sake of picking fights.

:shakehead

Birko19

Aug 13, 2002
Hamilton, Ont
Visit site
theBob said:
Its been explained. He is a leader all the way, pure heart and soul of the Hawks already at 21. Not to mention he hits like a f'ing train! All that with the finese of a young Forsberg, its hard to compare him to anyone else.

Ruutu and Semin are comparable offensively, but very few players in the NHL have all the intangibles Ruutu brings. I wouldnt say we are delusional, we arent exactly the ones calling skinny little Semin a "big guy." :lol Check the HF Polls board to see how delusional we are.

Ruutu is a great young player indeed, but the kid had one great half, don't you thing he needs more time before people should call him the next big thing? sure he has potential, but potential means nothing, it's what you do with it that counts.

As for the Forsberg comment, Ruutu does not play a Forsberg type of game, just cause he's a hard hitter and he's European does't mean he's the next Forsberg all of the sudden, Ruutu does not have the offensive upside or the talent that Forsberg has, the only thing they share is that they both play physical and they're both from Europe, I presonally think that Ruutu is actually more physical then Forsberg, but his offensive game is not as good, Forsberg on top of his game is an elite 90-100 point player, while Ruutu might reach 90 points someday but his potential is more like a 70 point guy with an all round game, he's similar to Michael Peca but with a better offensive upside, that's what Ruutu reminds me of, an all round player just like Peca, a guy who plays physical and plays with heart just like Peca, and a guy with leadership just like Peca, there's your Tuomo Ruutu.

Therefor guys like Semin CAN be compared to Ruutu at the moment because they both have not proved much, sure you can compare their potential and Semin seems to have a better offensive potential but Ruutu is the better player, but that's just potential, if you want the actual proof then wait 5 more years and you'll get your answer, people who say Ruutu is better then Semin and it's not even close need some wake up coffee, that goes for the same people that worship Ovechkin.

HellsBells

Nov 6, 2003
PEI
Visit site
fedorov_jr said:
heres my go at it:

1.Rob Schremp
2.Tuomo Ruutu
3.Lauri Tukonen
4.Andrei Kastsitsyn
5.Igor Grigorenko
6.Alexandre Picard
7.Ales Kotalik
8.Taylor Pyatt
9.Dustin Brown
10.Brad Boyes
11.RJ Umberger
12.Krys Kolanos
13.Jared Aulin
14.Marcel Hossa
15.Pavel Brendl
16.Vaclav Nedorost
17.Konstantin Pushkaryov
18.Christian Berglund

Homer alert !! Schremp a better prospect than Ruutu ?? NO WAY !!

DINO22CICCARELLI

May 6, 2004
tallpenguin said:
Honestly, there are some very sensible Caps fans around here, and it's indeed a shame that they have to share the infamy created by a few mindless imbecilic coherence-challenged hockey "fans" who happen to belong in Capsland.

I have long been a very pissed off observer of the antics of capman19 and company. They really contribute nothing of value here except for picking fights with others for the sake of picking fights.

:shakehead
You all make fun of Capman29 typing skills but what poster is Capman19? Never seen him post. What is your problem w/ him? Must be that he disagrees w/ you so there for he must be a child...right?

CH Wizard

Ste' said:
Lauri Tukonen
Tuomo Ruutu
Rob Schremp
Igor Grigorenko
Brad Boyes
Dustin Brown
Alexandre Picard
Ales Kotalik
Taylor Pyatt
Pavel Brendl
Christian Berglund
Mark Kolanos
Vaclav Nedorost
Marcel Hossa
Jared Aulin
Konstantin Pushkaryov
Andrei Kastsitsyn
RJ Umberger

Marcel Hossa a better prospect then Kostitsyn !?!?! You're not making sense.Pyatt isn't a prospect. BTW.

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
Igor Grigorenko - best choice, IMO.
Robbie Schremp - high risk
Andrei Kastistsyn
Tuomo Ruutu
Lauri Tukonen
Dustin Brown
Alexandre Picard
Jared Aulin
Brad Boyes
Pavel Brendl
Christian Berglund
Ales Kotalik
Vaclav Nedorost
Konstantin Pushkaryov
Taylor Pyatt
Marcel Hossa
Krystofer Kolanos
R.J. Umberger

***A lot of thes guys (Brendl, Kolanos, Nedorost, Pyatt) aren't prospects by definition.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->