Rank These Prospects In Order...

Status
Not open for further replies.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
theBob said:
Hey Caps homers listen up! No one has ever said Ruutu is better than Ovenchicken, read the thread before you make a response.

This whole thread is basically about Capman29 being a moron by bringing Ovenchicken into every thread no matter how far off topic he is. All you can say is Ovenchicken is god Ovenchicken is...etc. OK we get it, he is a good PROSPECT, but nothing more as of yet. Shut the hell up about him for one minute and try posting about the topic of the thread.

Semin will never be half the player Ruutu is.

BTW- Semin played 30 less games than Ruutu, and averaged about 4 min less a game playing time. He's also a year+ younger than your man Tuomo. If Ruutu has the edge, it's marginal at best.

LoudmouthHemskyFan#2

May 15, 2003
Visit site
Semin is amazing...Honestly if you say that Semin will be half the player Tuomo ever will be means that either you never seen Semin play, you know nothing about hockey, or you are more of a homer than capsfan "take it to the bank" 29....

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
In terms of offense last year:

Semin got one point every 29.82 minutes of ice time. Ruutu was at 30.56.

So Semin was slightly more offensive.

But, with Ruutu's tear, and the fact that he's played a full season, I'd take him on my team in an awful hurry over Semin.

The Boot

Feb 23, 2003
Canada
Visit site
DINO22CICCARELLI said:
Played fewer games w/ less talented player & had the BETTER ALL ROUND #'S!!! Does Ruutu even know that there is another end of the ice because by his minus 33 I would say not. Look 19 yr old Semin on the WORDT defensive team in the league was a minus 2!!!!

This +/- garbage can be argued to death but it really isn't a complete indication of defensive play. I could easily sit here and compare John Leclair's +20 rating with Marco Sturm's 0 and say without a doubt that Leclair must be completely superior defensively. Sturm even played on a better defensive team but i don't think many people would even consider taking Leclair over him in the defensive end.

DINO22CICCARELLI said:
OK you say nearly a ppg for Ruutu ion the second half.....what was he pointless in the first half cuz like I said a whopping 44pts!!! Oh & by the way I bet Ruutu played w/ better offensive centers then Halpern!!!

Ruutu was also coming off major knee surgery and played the first half of the season with Travis Moen (6)and Scott Nichol (18) who had 24 points combined last season. I think Ruutu only had about 6 points through 44 games or something like that last year. Afterwards Ruutu did start playing with Arnason and Daze and Tuomo's point production was nearly a point per game for the rest of the season. So did he play with better offensive players than Halpern? the first half of the season he didn't the second half he did.

Do i think Semin will be a good player? yes i do, he has a great set of hands and good offensive instinct but the main reason i think people would take Ruutu is his leadership and physical abilities. Ruutu hits big and hits often, he's a great leader and has a great work ethic. I haven't seen anything close to Ruutu's physical play out of Semin nor would i expect to. The bottom line is that most Ruutu supporters are trying to explain that Ruutu has the skills to become a better complete package than a lot of prospects, including Semin. Semin should become a very good offensive forward but Ruutu has a similar upside and bring other things to the table. In the end all we can do is wait and see what happens in the future.

Last edited:

Bacchus

Nov 11, 2002
Dickes B
Visit site
DINO22CICCARELLI said:
OK you say nearly a ppg for Ruutu ion the second half.....what was he pointless in the first half cuz like I said a whopping 44pts!!! Oh & by the way I bet Ruutu played w/ better offensive centers then Halpern!!!

Travis Moen and Scott Nichol are everything but better offensive players. ;)
He was coming off a major knee injury and was neither fit nor has he ever played a single game in NA.

I'd take Ruutu over Semin anyday of the week - scoring, defense-play, grit, leadership... A lot more than Semin brings to the table.

salty justice

May 25, 2004
Los Angeles
Hemsky83Schremp44 said:
Semin is amazing...Honestly if you say that Semin will be half the player Tuomo ever will be means that either you never seen Semin play, you know nothing about hockey, or you are more of a homer than capsfan "take it to the bank" 29....

Semin is going to put up good offensive numbers without a doubt, but his complete game lacks greatly compared to Ruutu. When a player is twice as good as another, it doesnt necessarily mean he will score double the points. Semin is going to be a very good player, but Ruutu will be great in every aspect of the game. His leadership and physical play are his key attributes to making him twice the player Semin is while also putting up similar offensive numbers. We could go in circles all day about this, so just wait and see.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
theBob said:
Semin is going to put up good offensive numbers without a doubt, but his complete game lacks greatly compared to Ruutu. When a player is twice as good as another, it doesnt necessarily mean he will score double the points. Semin is going to be a very good player, but Ruutu will be great in every aspect of the game. His leadership and physical play are his key attributes to making him twice the player Semin is while also putting up similar offensive numbers. We could go in circles all day about this, so just wait and see.

Ruutu has my vote, but to say he's twice the player Semin is reeks of ignorance.

Semin may not throw heavy checks, but he's a firecracker. As leadership is concerned, he doesn't strike me as an immature player. He played major minutes, and QB'd the powerplay to finish out the season. It's way to early to give either player the advantage in this regard. In fact, I'd wager that next season (assuming it's 82 games) Semin puts up 44+ pts at 20.

guitaraholic*

capman29 said:
Want to put some money or property on that ? I am open to taking you to the cleaners . Ruutu will never be the player Ovechkin is even if Ovechkin skated on one leg . Talent and size win every time . Get back to me if we have a wagger because hip national bank is waoting for you money to be deposited . :D

I've seen Ruutu play at the NHL level already and towards the end of the year after his injury had fully healed and he had gotten adjusted to the league he demonstrated beyond any doubt at all that he will be an elite player in the NHL for years to come. Ovechkin has yet to set foot in the NHL. While he may be the more hyped, prized prospect I know for a FACT that Ruutu will be a GREAT NHLer for years to come (health issues aside as they are with all players.) Ovechkin, great a prospect as he is, hasn't even played a minute at the NHL level so he's all speculation.
Ruutu will be a great player, folks.

Chelios

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site
Alright I think all you sensible Caps fans should come in here and try tell these two morons to stop giving you guys a bad name. First of all bringing Ovechkin into this thread at all is completely ignorant not to mention annoying to those who wanted to discuss the actual thread posted. Second, though Ovechkin will almost definately be a star in the NHL, he has never even played an NHL game, so saying that any GM in the league wouldn`t trade him for five Ruutus is rediculous. In fact I would highly doubt that any gm in the league would trade two Ruutus for Ovechkin. Finally, while I don`t agree that Semin will never be half the player Ruutu is, all you caps fans don`t have much of an argument saying Semin is better than Ruutu right now. Your biggest argument for Semin is his points per ice time as compared to Ruutus. As has been said before, Ruutu was coming off major knee surgery and playing with AHL linemates, so I really don`t think comparing points per icetime is fair. However even if you ignored the fact that TR was coming off major knee surgery and playing with crappy linemates for most of the year, his leadership and physical play can`t be ignored. I really can`t understand how anyone looking at the two players from a neutral standpoint can say that Semin is better than Ruutu right now.

X-SHARKIE

Wow Caps fans are becoming much much worse than some of the Montreal fans.

Yes Ovechkin is an elite talent and should be better then Ruutu down the road, but now your saying Semin over Ruutu? Wha?
And why did Ovechkins name even come up in this thread?

All your doing is embarissing your selfs and actually making more people 2nd guess Ovechkin.

capman29

However even if you ignored the fact that TR was coming off major knee surgery and playing with crappy linemates for most of the year, his leadership and physical play can`t be ignored. I really can`t understand how anyone looking at the two players from a neutral standpoint can say that Semin is better than Ruutu right now.[/QUOTE]

Semin was handicaped by coach that would not play him . When that coach was fires you saw the results . It was the ruutu people saying the stupid statement that he was twice as good as semin and better than ovechkin which to say the least is total B/S . When comparing prospects you do not leave the best on out unless you are stupid or cannot stand that that prospect is on a washington tat this board cannot stand . I for one are tired of your attitude as it relates to my team you all just a bunch no nothing sluggs .

How neutral are you and a lot of posters on this board ? You are not because you find it ok to trash good caps playes while promoting your team players . Ruutu is not better than Semin at this stage because the jury is still out.But for my money I would prefer Semin to Ruutu because he is bigger faster and talent is some what better . Always take size if talent is equal because size cannot be taught but everything can be.

Crusher20

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
capman29 said:
Want to put some money or property on that ? I am open to taking you to the cleaners . Ruutu will never be the player Ovechkin is even if Ovechkin skated on one leg . Talent and size win every time . Get back to me if we have a wagger because hip national bank is waoting for you money to be deposited . :D

hey you, you know ruutu is the best in player outside of the outside of the nhl. i think is agent said that sometime ago... :joker:

salty justice

May 25, 2004
Los Angeles
Semin was handicaped by coach that would not play him . When that coach was fires you saw the results . It was the ruutu people saying the stupid statement that he was twice as good as semin and better than ovechkin which to say the least is total B/S . When comparing prospects you do not leave the best on out unless you are stupid or cannot stand that that prospect is on a washington tat this board cannot stand . I for one are tired of your attitude as it relates to my team you all just a bunch no nothing sluggs .

How neutral are you and a lot of posters on this board ? You are not because you find it ok to trash good caps playes while promoting your team players . Ruutu is not better than Semin at this stage because the jury is still out.But for my money I would prefer Semin to Ruutu because he is bigger faster and talent is some what better . Always take size if talent is equal because size cannot be taught but everything can be.

Again :lol :joker: :lol:

Lets see, first off Ruutu had the same problem for most of the year playing under Sputter. Secondly NOONE ever said Ruutu was better than Ovenchicken. Thirdly, Ovenchicken was left out of this thread for a reason. Fourthly, no one has trashed any Caps players. Finally, you keep calling Ovenchicken and Seamen better than than Ruutu because they are "bigger." Check your sources, Ruutu has the same height of AO but outweighs him by 10 pounds, and Ruutu is taller than Semin by 2 inches and outweighs him by 30 pounds. Maybe you meant "bigger" in another aspect of their person, but only a guy of your preferences would know anything about that. ;)

Last edited:

BlackJack21

Nov 6, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
X-SHARKIE said:
Wow Caps fans are becoming much much worse than some of the Montreal fans.

Yes Ovechkin is an elite talent and should be better then Ruutu down the road, but now your saying Semin over Ruutu? Wha?
And why did Ovechkins name even come up in this thread?

All your doing is embarissing your selfs and actually making more people 2nd guess Ovechkin.

Are we that bad?

I mean worst that other teams fans...

BJ21

DINO22CICCARELLI

May 6, 2004
guitaraholic said:
I've seen Ruutu play at the NHL level already and towards the end of the year after his injury had fully healed and he had gotten adjusted to the league he demonstrated beyond any doubt at all that he will be an elite player in the NHL for years to come. Ovechkin has yet to set foot in the NHL. While he may be the more hyped, prized prospect I know for a FACT that Ruutu will be a GREAT NHLer for years to come (health issues aside as they are with all players.) Ovechkin, great a prospect as he is, hasn't even played a minute at the NHL level so he's all speculation.
Ruutu will be a great player, folks.
You know for a fact he will be a GREAT NHLer? Didnt people think Joe Juneau was gonna be great after 100pt season as a rookie? Was good NOT great? Didnt people think Kovalev was gonna be great...good BUT not great? Jim Carey after winning the Vezina Trophy...good NOT great? Eric Lindros good NOT great. Do I have to name any more? The FACT is ONLY ONE player EVER HAS BEEN GREAT....just so happens to be part of his nickname!!!

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
Moskau said:
If any Edmonton fans wanted Schremp over Ruutu they are clueless as their GM.

Explain to me how our gm suddenly became clueless? The way i see it the fact that the oilers drafted a player at 25 that is being debated this heavily as a top 2 propsect here shows the oilers have a great gm. I myself as an oiler fan would take ruutu over schremp any day of the week, but that doesn't mean 5 years down the raod shremp isn;'t a better player. Ruutu is an offensiv ecenter who plays a physical game and the oilers really need that so it is an easy decision, but schremp could turn into a 65-80 point pivot based on talent so you may be wind up with your foot in your mouth down the raod.

Bacchus

Nov 11, 2002
Dickes B
Visit site
capman29 said:
How neutral are you and a lot of posters on this board ? You are not because you find it ok to trash good caps playes while promoting your team players .

Just for the record: I'm neither from Finland nor a Hawks-fan or a Caps-hater. Therefore I see no reason to "promote" a Hawks-player...

But for my money I would prefer Semin to Ruutu because he is bigger faster and talent is some what better . Always take size if talent is equal because size cannot be taught but everything can be.

Size alone means nothing. Ever heard of Tom Poti?

salty justice

May 25, 2004
Los Angeles
Just ignore the guy capman29. Check the Capitals board to see what some real Caps fans think about him.

The guy doesnt even know that Ruutu is alot bigger than Semin. :lol

MBJets

Dec 22, 2003
Visit site
Rate Prospects

On most of the lists everyone has Igor Grigorenko rated fairly high . He was in a bad accident has he made a full enough recover to be rated that high.

Chelios

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site
capman29 said:
When that coach was fires you saw the results .

I for one are tired of your attitude as it relates to my team you all just a bunch no nothing sluggs .

I would prefer Semin to Ruutu because he is bigger faster and talent is some what better .

Always take size if talent is equal because size cannot be taught but everything can be.

Alright, honestly how old are you? There is no way that you can write things like this and no way you can be so uninformed unless you are like 12. Please stop now and spare decent Caps fans the embarassment you cause them.

sloppyice

Aug 4, 2004
nate hagemo on any lists?

I haven't seen Nate's name show up
any top 50 lists. My son skated with him
4 years ago in Minnesota. It was my impression
that Nate had two very good years at Ann Arbor.
I would not be suprised if he does quite well
this week at the World Junior tryouts. He may be
smaller in height than some other defenseman
but very few have his heart, speed or strength at
the age of 17. I believe Nate will be a sleeper
and get into the top 10 of the 2005.

MBJets

Dec 22, 2003
Visit site
Rate These Prospects

Well has anyone heard any news on Grigorenko???

(On most of the lists everyone has Igor Grigorenko rated fairly high . He was in a bad accident has he made a full enough recover to be rated that high.)

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
Truly amazing this caps guy. Comes in a conversation with no intention to stay on the topic, has absolutely no clue about any of the players he is talking about (except some articles he probably read hyping AO) and vigorously debates his case with total assumptions about players size. Man...you are brave but you are certainly making an ass out of yourself. First rule of debating is you should know something about the subject at hand. Did you know that you can find loads of information about player sizes etc on the net? Maybe you should have bothered before you "opened your mouth".

Ruutu is much better than Semin right now and if both stay healthy, I dont know if that will ever change. Ovechkin has yet to prove himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->