Rank These Prospects In Order...

Status
Not open for further replies.

salty justice

May 25, 2004
Los Angeles
capman29 said:
Talent and size win every time .

OK proof that you are a Pejorative Slured homer. Ruutu is only 1 inch shorter than Ovechkin, but outweighs him by 10 pounds. Not to mention he hits like a train.

Daigle was originally called BETTER than Lemieux by almost every scout worldwide. Would you take him over Ruutu?

Ovenchicken will be good, but theres always the "Russian Factor" to consider with him. He'll gain 50 pounds after his first big payday, that is though if the Caps can even afford to bring him over from Russia. Dynamo is asking for a $2mil transfer fee.

thestonedkoala

Tuomo Ruutu
Lauri Tukonen
Rob Schremp
Andrei Kostitsyn
Igor Grigorenko
Dustin Brown
Alexander Picard
RJ Umberger
Brad Boyes
Konstanstin Pushkaryov
Ales Kotalik
Pavel Brendl
Jared Aulin
Christian Bergland
Marcel Hossa
Tyler Pyatt
Vaclav Nedorost
Krys Kolanos

Capitalhawk

Jul 18, 2004
DINO22CICCARELLI said:
If Ruutu was so GREAT WHY DIDNT HE GO #1 IN HIS DRAFT CLASS?
I never heard ANY scout or GM say Ruutu was the BEST prospect SINCE Mario!!
The year prior to his draft year, Ruut was mentioned in the same breath as Kovalchuk and Spezza as a potential #1 pick. Then during his draft season he sustained a knee injury that scared a few tems off. So tell us, besides Kovalchuk, who would you most like to have on your team from that 1st round in '01? And if you say Semin, your talking nonsense because as nice a player as he is, doesn't stack up to TR. I honestly believe he's as good as Kovalchuk or Spezza, for different reasons, of course, knowing that he won't be able to put up prolific scoring stats. Above average, at best.

CRAZY_FAN

Aug 26, 2002
Quebec
Capitalhawk said:
The year prior to his draft year, Ruut was mentioned in the same breath as Kovalchuk and Spezza as a potential #1 pick. Then during his draft season he sustained a knee injury that scared a few tems off. So tell us, besides Kovalchuk, who would you most like to have on your team from that 1st round in '01? And if you say Semin, your talking nonsense because as nice a player as he is, doesn't stack up to TR. I honestly believe he's as good as Kovalchuk or Spezza, for different reasons, of course, knowing that he won't be able to put up prolific scoring stats. Above average, at best.

Semin is '02

degroat*

Vast Ant Dioi said:
:dunno:

Schremp over Ruutu? Not even the Oilers themselves would take Schremp over Ruutu. For that matter, no sane person with even a little hockey knowledge would. What is wrong with you?

To say nothing over the fact that the 25th overall pick is suddenly a better prospect than the 8th and the 11th of the same year. :shakehead

If he felt that Schremp was the 2nd or 3rd most talented player in the draft prior to the draft (as many did), then why should he suddenly change his opinion because he's drafted lower?

I, like you, would take Ruutu over Schremp.

That said, based on the number of vowels in your name I'm guessing your from Finland and your ignorant post had more to do with him disliking a Finn than it did him liking Schremp.

CRAZY_FAN

Aug 26, 2002
Quebec
Vast Ant Dioi said:

Schremp over Ruutu? Not even the Oilers themselves would take Schremp over Ruutu. For that matter, no sane person with even a little hockey knowledge would. What is wrong with you?

To say nothing over the fact that the 25th overall pick is suddenly a better prospect than the 8th and the 11th of the same year. :shakehead

I too find it hard that Schremp will be better but this is his opinion. Your logic about the rank where a player his selected his just wrong. Tell that to the sens who picked Daigle 1st or Bertuzzi selected at 25 (or somewhere near that spot) or Havlat or Tkachuk or....You get the picture. Just because a player his selected in the late first round dosent mean that all the player selected before him are better...

LoudmouthHemskyFan#2

May 15, 2003
Visit site
Vast Ant Dioi said:

So Patrice Bergeron isn't better than anyone drafted ahead of him because he was picked in the 2nd round? This guy is probally just another guy who looks at the Central Scouting and decides that how they rank them is how he is ranking them. Who cares if you've never seen them play eh? Also remember that Schremp is more of a boom or bust player...If he succeed's then most likely he WILL be better than Picard or Tukonen at least in my opinion. No sane person with little hockey knowledge would take Schremp over Ruutu? I beg to differ....So obviously you must know that there is no possible way that Schremp will be better than Ruutu. I guess psycic's are posting here now too? :dunno: :shakehead I am not saying that I would take Schremp over Ruutu however it doesn't mean that Ruutu will be better than Schremp...I for one am very grateful you post on these boards! Your thoughts are much appreciated :shakehead

Last edited:

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
If any Edmonton fans wanted Schremp over Ruutu they are clueless as their GM.

BlackJack21

Nov 6, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
DINO22CICCARELLI said:

Pointless, Pointless, Pointless!!!!

BTW, I'm not saying Ruutu is better than Ovechkin.

Some says that Daigle was the next Wayne...

Forsberg, Jagr, Naslund, Iginla, Hossa, none of these have been the 1st pic of their draft class... Oh and St-Louis as not been drafted.

BJ21

db23

I can't understand the hype over Schremp. Central Scouting wasn't all that impressed with him (10th overall in N.A.), 22 or 23 teams passed on him in the draft.

If anyone would be inclined to take a chance on Schremp, you would think it would be the N.Y. Rangers who had a boatload of draft picks and are his "homtown team".

They passed on him twice, even though their draft was all over the place in terms of taking risks. :dunno:

salty justice

May 25, 2004
Los Angeles
Hemsky83Schremp44 said:
So Patrice Bergeron isn't better than anyone drafted ahead of him because he was picked in the 2nd round? This guy is probally just another guy who looks at the Central Scouting and decides that how they rank them is how he is ranking them. Who cares if you've never seen them play eh? Also remember that Schremp is more of a boom or bust player...If he succeed's then most likely he WILL be better than Picard or Tukonen at least in my opinion. No sane person with little hockey knowledge would take Schremp over Ruutu? I beg to differ....So obviously you must know that there is no possible way that Schremp will be better than Ruutu. I guess psycic's are posting here now too? :dunno: :shakehead I am not saying that I would take Schremp over Ruutu however it doesn't mean that Ruutu will be better than Schremp...I for one am very grateful you post on these boards! Your thoughts are much appreciated :shakehead

You and many other posters criticizing Vast seem to be forgetting that you are comparing proven players like Bergeron and Forsberg etc to a guy who has proven JACK in the NHL in Schremp. If the 2004 draft happened again today, Schremp would end up in the same place. Why? Because theres a lot of better players in this draft class CURRENTLY better as far as NHL scouts are concerned. Obviously theres always the chance that Schremp could turn out to be the next Gretzky, the same chance as there is with any other player. But if Im betting my money on it, Id take the 20-odd guys taken ahead of him to be better players.

little a from da bx

Jun 18, 2004
tuomo ruutu- 1st line centre, producing 70 points a season
dustin brown - power fwd 30 goal man
lauri tukonen
pushkarov
Andrei Kastsitsyn
Igor Grigorenko
schremp- attitude will keep him, down can maybe be a mike comrie type, but.....
Brad Boyes
RJ Umberger
Krys Kolanos
Jared Aulin
Ales Kotalik
Pavel Brendl- dont think will amount to much
Taylor Pyatt- will break out but not for another 3 years
Marcel Hossa- think will be a flop for some reason
Vaclav Nedorost- more of a defensive fwd 3rd liner
Christian Berglund- defensive fwd 3rd liner maybe second liner no more

LoudmouthHemskyFan#2

May 15, 2003
Visit site
theBob said:
You and many other posters criticizing Vast seem to be forgetting that you are comparing proven players like Bergeron and Forsberg etc to a guy who has proven JACK in the NHL in Schremp. If the 2004 draft happened again today, Schremp would end up in the same place. Why? Because theres a lot of better players in this draft class CURRENTLY better as far as NHL scouts are concerned. Obviously theres always the chance that Schremp could turn out to be the next Gretzky, the same chance as there is with any other player. But if Im betting my money on it, Id take the 20-odd guys taken ahead of him to be better players.
All I am saying is that draft position doesn't mean jack...If you are drafted in the 1st round or that 9th round you have your team and you have to impress from there on...Also I used the Bergeron comparision simply because he said that Schremp was passed on 24 times. While many teams passed on Bergeron and 5 months later he was already making an impact.

Arel

Jul 13, 2004
Tuomo Ruutu
Lauri Tukonen
Andrei Kastsitsyn
Alexandre Picard
Dustin Brown
Igor Grigorenko
Rob Schremp

Kotalik it's not a prospect

Bacchus

Nov 11, 2002
Dickes B
Visit site
What are we discussing here?
I mean, we all know that Ovechkin alone on the ice could beat a whole team consisting of the other named prospects...

:lol caphomer29 :lol

Tuomo Ruutu
Krys Kolanos
Andrei Kastsitsyn
Lauri Tukonen
Dustin Brown
Rob Schremp
Ales Kotalik
Alexandre Picard
Christian Berglund
Igor Grigorenko
Brad Boyes
Jared Aulin
Taylor Pyatt
Konstantin Pushkaryov
Pavel Brendl
Vaclav Nedorost
RJ Umberger
Marcel Hossa

capman29

infinitesadd said:
Ruutu is going to be an elite player. I am not being biased, as I really don't like Chicago. You are the most biased poster I have ever seen.

You said in another thread you would not trade Ouellet for Crosby. Then you come on this thread and say that none of those players listed is in Ovechkin's class.

A lot of people in here, including myself are biased to our own teams, but you are the worst. Ovechkin is a great prospect, I am not refuting that. I just think Ruutu will be a more important player to Chicago.

Of course he will since he plays for them. Am I biased no Ovechkin is as advertised and most of you would agree if he were on your team but since is in washington's propety he is just a prospect .Tell you what your geneal mananger would trade 5 ruutu'sfor one ovechkin and tha son is the truth. Scouts that hve seen him say he is a can't miss and the next great player and yourruutu is not in is class and if you were honest you admit it . If you think that ruutu will be better put money on it or shut up. Money talks everythings else walks . :D

Missionhockey

Jul 6, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
capman29 said:
Of course he will since he plays for them. Am I biased no Ovechkin is as advertised and most of you would agree if he were on your team but since is in washington's propety he is just a prospect .Tell you what your geneal mananger would trade 5 ruutu'sfor one ovechkin and tha son is the truth. Scouts that hve seen him say he is a can't miss and the next great player and yourruutu is not in is class and if you were honest you admit it . If you think that ruutu will be better put money on it or shut up. Money talks everythings else walks . :D
Have you even seen him play? Come on, how old are you really...

iamcaper

DINO22CICCARELLI said:

I don't usually get involved in mud-slinging but I do have a response to this.

Ruutu not being picked #1 has nothing to do with it. Look at some of the players who have gone on to be all-star NHL'ers.

Peter Forsberg - picked 6th overall
Markus Naslund - picked 16th overall
Patrick Roy - picked 51st overall
Alexander Mogilny - picked 89th overall

Just to name a few

salty justice

May 25, 2004
Los Angeles
capman29 said:
Am I biased yes Ovechkin is as advertised and most of you would agree if he were on your team but since is in washington's propety he is just a prospect .

Hey kiddo, look up the definition of a prospect and then check Ovenchicken's stats. Has hasnt played a single second for the Caps. Gee golly, perhaps that would make him a prospect. We'll see in 5 years if he is the real deal or not. Until then just remember that you have never even seen him play ;) .

NewHabsEra*

Hemsky83Schremp44 said:

Bergeron has cracked the Bruins' line-up as 18 years old... Fine, this is a mature kid with some nice skills but he has nothing special, this is a caractere second or third liner that will play a bright 2-way game with grit and intensity but I suggest you to wait some years before comparing prospects from this special and so deep year draft!

Schremp has been a #25 overall pick in a decent year draft, I personnally think most people rank him too high until he proves so much teams before the Oilers draft him were wrong.

DatsyukOwnzU

Jun 18, 2003
Visit site
I don't usually get involved in mud-slinging but I do have a response to this.

Ruutu not being picked #1 has nothing to do with it. Look at some of the players who have gone on to be all-star NHL'ers.

Peter Forsberg - picked 6th overall
Markus Naslund - picked 16th overall
Patrick Roy - picked 51st overall
Alexander Mogilny - picked 89th overall

Just to name a few

Not saying that Datsyuk is an all-star... But, he is a pretty solid forward with the potential of being an all-star and he was drafted number 171.

Saku K

AKA Saku K.
Jul 28, 2002
3-Rivières, Québec
Visit site
NewHabsArea said:
Bergeron has cracked the Bruins' line-up as 18 years old... Fine, this is a mature kid with some nice skills but he has nothing special, this is a caractere second or third liner that will play a bright 2-way game with grit and intensity but I suggest you to wait some years before comparing prospects from this special and so deep year draft!

Bergeron is already an above-average third-line forward at age 19, he played in a boy's body who can still grow and use added muscles and he has still plently of things to learn and improve. At 19, he has still 8 years to reach his prime and improve with added strenght, experience and his untapped offensive potential. Nothing special? Bergeron will probably play more than 1000 NHL games and his career is already ahead of a lot of more hyped prospects. Bergeron isn't the most talented player of all-time, but Bergeron has the package to be a hard-working two-way character player who will rack up his fair share of points on a scoring line on a contender, a player everybody would want on his team starting with the coach. He made two giant steps in his last two years and I have seen very few second round picks making that fast of a transition to the NHL game in their draft years. For that alone, he is special.

Face it, if Bergeron was a habs prospects and had played a season like this in the Habs uniform, he would have been talked about as a ''future captain-franchise player-with illimited potential-who compares to a random top star forward or future HOFer'' by half of the habs fans. ;)

Last edited:

DINO22CICCARELLI

May 6, 2004
Capitalhawk said:

Yes I would take Semin-52games 10g 12a 22pts -2
Ruutu 82games 23g 21a 44pts -31
YOU TELL ME WHO THE BETTER PLAYER WAS & Semin played on the worst defensive team in the league!!!

DINO22CICCARELLI

May 6, 2004
little a from da bx said:
tuomo ruutu- 1st line centre, producing 70 points a season
dustin brown - power fwd 30 goal man
lauri tukonen
pushkarov
Andrei Kastsitsyn
Igor Grigorenko
schremp- attitude will keep him, down can maybe be a mike comrie type, but.....
Brad Boyes
RJ Umberger
Krys Kolanos
Jared Aulin
Ales Kotalik
Pavel Brendl- dont think will amount to much
Taylor Pyatt- will break out but not for another 3 years
Marcel Hossa- think will be a flop for some reason
Vaclav Nedorost- more of a defensive fwd 3rd liner
Christian Berglund- defensive fwd 3rd liner maybe second liner no more

Ruutu produces 70pts a yr-----WHEN? iN HIS ONLY YR HE PRODUCED A WHOPPING 44!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->